N-Europe

Baby names?

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do quite like Nathan, though it's much more common these days. But if I wanted a sneaky comic-book name, Nate Gray could be a joke.

xman.jpg

I do like the name Nathaniel. I think its too posh for my blood but I like it.

Logan. Universally awesome, you can't make it sound bad.

I like this too. Although I would worry he'd turn into the school's obligatory psychotic jackass.

I also like the name Seth. In fact I like a lot of boys names but want a girl. My family has enough of a bad male lineage.

Seth reminds me of Norse mythology. In a bad way.

Nathaniel reminds me of puritan christian values.

Seth reminds me of Seth Green. And Nathaniel just sounds so formal but can be shortened to the the more colloquial Nate. If he wanted to be a puritanical Christian that's his choice :heh:

For a girl - Eleanor, Alice and Emily. In order of preference, I love the name Eleanor. I'm really not sure why.

Always have more trouble thinking of a boy's name - I do quite like Miles. Nick's not bad either. Roland would actually be an alright first name if it had a second name to match - Of course I can't use it, as this would make my son Roland Rowland.

Nathaniel just reminds me of Six Feet Under (check my sig :D)

When we were naming our kid we just worked our way through a name book noting the ones we liked, that didn't appear too highly on the last few top 100 names of the year lists. The problem is that generally girls just aren't cool with naming their offspring after things that you think are cool.

"Can we call him Thurston after Thurston Moore?" "No."

Stuff like that went down a lot.

When we settled on Anna for our first we thought Anna Moo Pike sounded funny, and we were gonna go with that. Eventually reason hit us and we knew it was a stupid middle name, so we went with Anna Ruth Pike, and some times we call her Anna Roo, or Anna Rooftops. She finds that funny.

With our boy we always liked Caleb (my wife loves Seven brides for seven brothers, and Caleb is one of the brothers), but were like "this name is slightly out there for us." But then we were all "can't think of one we like more, let's just go with it." I think Caleb is a bad ass name, but he will forever be repeating and spelling it for people.

For a girl - Eleanor, Alice and Emily. In order of preference, I love the name Eleanor. I'm really not sure why.

Always have more trouble thinking of a boy's name - I do quite like Miles. Nick's not bad either. Roland would actually be an alright first name if it had a second name to match - Of course I can't use it, as this would make my son Roland Rowland.

Nathaniel just reminds me of Six Feet Under (check my sig :D)

094KL426-0.jpg

Phoenix-Wright.jpg

Has someone been playing too much Phoenix Wright :p

Like your girl names btw, it's really strange though as all 3 of them are in my class in school so I was like "Woah, talk about a coincidence..."

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter's name is Samantha, but if we were to have another girl we'll call her either Hayley, Stephanie, or Chloe.

For a boy we've chosen Christopher since it's a family name on my partner's side, but I'm not really sure what I'd choose if I had free reign over the decision. There are a few names I like, but I'm not sure I like any of them enough to give them to my child. Names are so permanent.

Here is Samantha. This was taken three weeks ago, when she was six weeks old ^-^.

samantha6weeks.jpg

I like the idea of mythological/ancient names. I'm bored of the perceived pretension of doing that. I like the names and would rather not call my children the same name as everyone else.

There's a guy I know called Aristides. Which is great. And he's just called Ari, so it's fine.

I know someone called Merlin. I think it's great.

When we were naming our kid we just worked our way through a name book noting the ones we liked, that didn't appear too highly on the last few top 100 names of the year lists. The problem is that generally girls just aren't cool with naming their offspring after things that you think are cool.

"Can we call him Thurston after Thurston Moore?" "No."

Stuff like that went down a lot.

With our boy we always liked Caleb (my wife loves Seven brides for seven brothers, and Caleb is one of the brothers), but were like "this name is slightly out there for us." But then we were all "can't think of one we like more, let's just go with it." I think Caleb is a bad ass name, but he will forever be repeating and spelling it for people.

So it's ok for her to choose a name from something she likes but not something you like?

*tut* women

It's sad that I've already thought about this, since I'd need a girlfriend first :rolleyes:.

Most of you are keeping it safe, except for Paj. I don't know how many children I will have in the future, but I will give them 2 names, all out of a list of candidates of a historic, mythological, or normal mediterranean (and therefore uncommon here in the Netherlands) nature. If I get a girl, Athena is guaranteed to be the first name I'll suggest to my partner. For a boy, I'm thinking Dante. Or Horus. Hmm.