N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

Yesterday, two more people thought I was in secondary school :rolleyes:

Also, a lady said I was pretty. I distinctly remember her thinking I was a boy when I was about 13, though. Apparently I look completely unrecognisable with different hairstyles. I should be an international spy.

Haha, that's only a good thing, my mum didn't recognise me when I first got my haircut short. My own mother...crazy stuff!

First shift went really well, everyone seemed impressed and my team seemed to like me and now want to give me a nickname..oh dear! :p

I'm watching Ine play Donkey Kong Country on the Virtual Console (Snes version). I wish I had taped her playing, she is getting so pissed off.

"FUCKING DIDDDY!"

"I know..."

"WHY DOES HE JUST WALK OFF THE PLATFORM WHEN DONKEY FALLS OFF?"

"Monkey see Monkey do, babe"

"..."

I feel her pain. Donkey Kong Country is not a good an easy game. :blank:

I'll be honest, it pissed me off, too. Facking hard game.

I wasted 50 odd lives on Snow Barrel Blast before. I almost ate the classic controller with apple sauce. Was so pissed off.

That would have been perfect if you hadn't said babe.

So close...

Not even for dramatic effect. :(

I'm uber happy :)

Went bowling and came second... how awesome. I'm usually crap and losing by miles. My balance is miles better with my fitness, so it seems to be a lot better. Yaaay.

But i was SOOOO awful at the pool... ahmygawd. I couldn't even get one of my balls pocketed :( But I can do a lot better with drink in me (i was driving tonight) which is weird..

First paid wedding get! The bride has agreed on the price I asked for. That technically makes me a professional photographer, albeit a severely reduced rate one (I didn't charge much, although it's enough to me. More than a days wage at least).

Some wedding photographers I know charge £250 just for showing up with a camera. And that's not a bad price compared to some.

Print and disc packages can run into the thousands, depending on what is offered. Mental.

I have a good feeling about this career path.

First paid wedding get! The bride has agreed on the price I asked for. That technically makes me a professional photographer, albeit a severely reduced rate one (I didn't charge much, although it's enough to me. More than a days wage at least).

Some wedding photographers I know charge £250 just for showing up with a camera. And that's not a bad price compared to some.

Print and disc packages can run into the thousands, depending on what is offered. Mental.

Weddings are a big business. One of my (real life) friends (lol) said that was basically how he got into the business, and how he fills his time if he hasn't anything else fitted in. There will always be weddings and people with more money than sense lol :p

Weddings are a big business. One of my (real life) friends (lol) said that was basically how he got into the business, and how he fills his time if he hasn't anything else fitted in. There will always be weddings and people with more money than sense lol :p

That technically makes me a multi-professional photographer :p

Anyway weddings are a tricky one as it fluctuates so much and area/competition is such a big thing. Last I heard weddings are still down due to the crash, although that was about a year ago.

Although speaking of I found out last week one of the couples I did (oh yeah!) are expecting their first child.

My composer sent me a small sample of the work she's doing for my animation over. I had a slight worry that it wouldn't be what I wanted but it was awesome :D

Also decided that after I finish uni I'm going to get a decent massage. I think post uni and E3 I'll deserve it :heh:

I had a pretty good day today :smile:

With the weather being so nice, I went to play golf with my friends and actually hit a few decent shots :grin: After that we just went and had a wee walk near the sea before getting some tubs of ice cream.

As we sat there looking out at the sea, legs dangling over the side of a wall, I felt a real sense of peace :smile: For the first time in so long, I felt relaxed. No demons. No thoughts niggling away at the back of my mind.. just calm..

Yeah Weddings are BIG business. We charge £500+ for DJing a wedding. We do give an incredibly good, professional service though. We provide the microphone for speeches as well as music.

I felt a real sense of peace :smile: For the first time in so long, I felt relaxed. No demons. No thoughts niggling away at the back of my mind.. just calm..

1170800503162.jpg

In all seriousness: DO WANT! Really :( Haven't had that kind of experience in years...

I played Basketball yesterday. 'Twas good.

Yeah Weddings are BIG business. We charge £500+ for DJing a wedding. We do give an incredibly good, professional service though. We provide the microphone for speeches as well as music.

Tell me about it. People seem to lose all sense of value when weddings are involved. I can see why though, it's a very special day and people seem to get the impression that paying more equals a better product.

I'd like to think that I'm not the sort of person to take advantage of such a situation, but as I get older I'm beginning to realise that keeping my ideals is going to bag me a nice cosy place in the poor house. The best I can do is make sure that the product I deliver is the best I can do.

One thing my Dad taught me: You don't get rich working for someone else.