NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

You really should have posted about your date in the Relationship thread, Ashley.

I'm going to Hong Kong today!

Still need to go to work, so need to take my suitcase with me to school, then make my way down to the station at 3pm. I'm flying all by myself (15 hours!) as Dan flew out with his family yesterday.

I'm so nervous already, which isn't great at this can make me travel sick. I feel so sorry for the poor guy who has to sit next to me.

Anyway, the reason why we're flying out there is that his brother is getting married on the Saturday :).

You really should have posted about your date in the Relationship thread, Ashley.

Shh, I didn't want to make Ell jealous.

I'm going to Hong Kong today!

Still need to go to work, so need to take my suitcase with me to school, then make my way down to the station at 3pm. I'm flying all by myself (15 hours!) as Dan flew out with his family yesterday.

I'm so nervous already, which isn't great at this can make me travel sick. I feel so sorry for the poor guy who has to sit next to me.

Anyway, the reason why we're flying out there is that his brother is getting married on the Saturday :).

Have a great time :)

You're both pilots!? Awesome! Can I get some freebies?

Have a good time though!

@Emma I'm making my first solo flight in a few weeks and I'm fairly certain i'm going to accidentally leave the airport in Hong Kong and end up entrapped in a kidney scheme, or something.

IN OTHER NEWS... been bathing in BSG and Halo. I've spent months doing shit and nobody notices so the last couple of weeks I've basically done the minimum required and spent my time doing stupid shit. Sleeping in, playing xbox, watching DVDs, cooking good food. Good while it lasts.

Not sure whether to put this in the good or bad section.

I've paid off the entirity of my student loan

Yeah, that sounds awful. Better move your post.

It's because I have had to pay 2 years of tax and my entire student loan in this calendar year that it may be a bad thing :p

First world problems

Not sure whether to put this in the good or bad section.

I've paid off the entirity of my student loan

Its a good thing, now you got more money.

Its a good thing, now you got more money.

Yeah, in the long run anyway. That's the way I'm trying to see it :)

It's because I have had to pay 2 years of tax and my entire student loan in this calendar year that it may be a bad thing :p

So you're saying it's bad because because you can afford to pay off your entire student loan in one year?

I feel so sorry for you.

So you threw away a loan with an interest rate that is so good, the real value of it actually decreases over time?

So you threw away a loan with an interest rate that is so good, the real value of it actually decreases over time?

No. I'd have had to pay most of it in January anyway, but there was a screw up with the inland revenue earlier this year which stopped it appearing in their calculations, it then was and they blamed me and tried to fine me almost £1,000 for it. Luckily I was happy to quickly resolve this so they waived the fine this time.

So you're saying it's bad because because you can afford to pay off your entire student loan in one year?

I feel so sorry for you.

To be fair, my loan wasn't too big.

But yeah, it is good as I'm no longer in debt :)

You guys hate me now, don't you :(

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

No. I'd have had to pay most of it in January anyway, but there was a screw up with the inland revenue earlier this year which stopped it appearing in their calculations, it then was and they blamed me and tried to fine me almost £1,000 for it. Luckily I was happy to quickly resolve this so they waived the fine this time.

To be fair, my loan wasn't too big.

But yeah, it is good as I'm no longer in debt :)

You guys hate me now, don't you :(

Me and my £23k of debt hates you, yes. I got my annual letter the other day (or I should say, I opened it the other day). Interest incurred - £323 Loan paid - £330. Great. Good progress!

I think I might need a job before I can start paying off my student loan, most of which I spent on musical equipment anyway. I'm pretty much happy to spend the next 25 years unemployed.

I still don't understand why the student loan company are so bad at telling you what's going on. It can't be that hard to calculate the situation on a monthly basis can it?

In good stuff, my Japanese has been coming on amazingly. Although very basic the girl I'm seeing and I are texting a lot in Japanese and I feel pretty comfortable in day to day exchanges. Once I'm back in SF I will for sure be planning around making a move over here full time.

I still don't understand why the student loan company are so bad at telling you what's going on. It can't be that hard to calculate the situation on a monthly basis can it?

I now have to deal with them from an institution level and surmised that' date=' as a company, they are completely bloody useless.

For example they told us (and every uni) that they want a return of student data on the 19th September. On the 11th they phoned us (and many other) institutions asking us why we hadn't submitted anything yet. When we said we have until the 19th they said "no, we want it a week before for you to be paid on the 19th".

In good stuff, my Japanese has been coming on amazingly. Although very basic the girl I'm seeing and I are texting a lot in Japanese and I feel pretty comfortable in day to day exchanges. Once I'm back in SF I will for sure be planning around making a move over here full time.

Cool, so I should be moving to SanFran soon?

Had my works Christmas night out last night (yeah i know, a little early but it was the only weekend we were all available). Very good night, got the last train home as i couldn't find anywhere to stay or secure a lift home. Was even better due to the atmosphere from the Wales-Australia aftermath. It was nice to see the other side to the team, which was excellent.

I shouldn't have come home, i felt bad for doing that. Popped into my local for 1 more on the way home and ended up being verbally abused from 1/2 the pub over something that they claim i said to them but never did. Got to the point being the bar staff agreed with them. So i gave up, left and went to another pub.

I think I might need a job before I can start paying off my student loan, most of which I spent on musical equipment anyway. I'm pretty much happy to spend the next 25 years unemployed.

I thought you got a job somewhere recently in the banking business?

I thought you got a job somewhere recently in the banking business?

He got fired for touching himself while reading Marx at his desk.

Finally got our shower / bathroom completed, So I can now shower in a real, proper bathroom, not a silly little cubicle in the corner of our bedroom, and I can shower in the mornings with a light on,

It's glorious.

@Jimbob what's going on?

Exactly the above. Further to the above, i went back to the pub where i was verbally attacked with the accusations i was "slaggin people off" and "offering threats of violence towards bar staff" yesterday afternoon and explained the situation to the committee of the pub. Luckly i got a few friends on that committee so i wasn't banned but got them to apologise to me instead.

I know i was out on the Saturday, but i wasn't drunk enough to not know what i said. It put a real downer on my whole night.

(actually, this should be in the bad-stuff thread)

To lighten the mood, it's December 3rd and my countdown to Christmas is on it's 3rd day. Latest choice of song is up, i love christmas music. Yay me!!!.