NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

And then the one he gave it to would turn out to be gay.

Yeah but at least all the other boys will try to chase him.

And the winner is...?

Flinky with clown.

I snooped around a few shops without any concrete decision and then ended up in a Cancer Research charity shop. They had a brilliant Ronald McDonald-esque shirt and suspenders (of the male variety, I might clarify). So that decided it for me really. Got some face paint, a hat/wig combo, and a red nose from a fancy dress joint. Gonna have to improvise/customise at home to make some baggy trousers or something wacky. Perhaps I'll combine the clown clothes with your Captain Underpants idea and go as a sex offender.

Flinky with clown.

I snooped around a few shops without any concrete decision and then ended up in a Cancer Research charity shop. They had a brilliant Ronald McDonald-esque shirt and suspenders (of the male variety, I might clarify). So that decided it for me really. Got some face paint, a hat/wig combo, and a red nose from a fancy dress joint. Gonna have to improvise/customise at home to make some baggy trousers or something wacky. Perhaps I'll combine the clown clothes with your Captain Underpants idea and go as a sex offender.

No Cantona? :mad::angry::nono:

Good choice, dude. Show the pictures lateeerrr.

No Cantona? :mad::angry::nono:

Good choice, dude. Show the pictures lateeerrr.

Pre-tequila (prequila!):

200598_541289962550892_239591297_n.jpg

Post-tequila:

734990_10151334369598209_551453047_n.jpg

Ruddy Mexicans.

Had a glorious day of little-to-no hangover, a spontaneous walk with my mother which was sweet, and rented Mad Men season 4 to burn through some cider with. Chessing in between episodes (and reading my housemate's diary that ellmeister linked in the funny thread).

Just played two 'blitz' games (each player has 10 mins to make all their moves. If you run out of time, you lose) with someone who is markedly stronger than me ratings-wise. he attempted some fancy opening I'd not seen before and I kinda improvised one I'd not used before, and it worked a treat and produced a surprising win for me as black. He offered a rematch, and I knowingly played extremely tactically, and recovered from a fairly large blunder. I was pleased with my foresight and piece placement, with each move being useful four moves later but not ever telegramming my intentins to the opponent. I quickly won my piece back and won through tactical positioning; if the queens are off the board then it is far more sensible to NOT castle and instead get your king as central as possible whilst trading off pieces. This way you can overturn a deficit in the end game because you're not wasting moves repositioning. I also got my rook on a central open file after the queen trade -- I knowingly sacrificed my knight in favour of winning the open file, maintaining a central king AND wrecking his king's castled defenses. In the end I won because of this open file control and my opponent's king being too far away to protect the pawns on the other side of teh board once all the pieces were off. My opponent should've used their extra piece to take out hard-to-protect pawns asap, instead he tried to go king-hunting when realistically he had no gameplan there.

I hope these links work;

Here is the first game, and here is the second game (maybe).

Had a glorious day of little-to-no hangover, a spontaneous walk with my mother which was sweet, and rented Mad Men season 4 to burn through some cider with. Chessing in between episodes (and reading my housemate's diary that ellmeister linked in the funny thread).

Just played two 'blitz' games (each player has 10 mins to make all their moves. If you run out of time, you lose) with someone who is markedly stronger than me ratings-wise. he attempted some fancy opening I'd not seen before and I kinda improvised one I'd not used before, and it worked a treat and produced a surprising win for me as black. He offered a rematch, and I knowingly played extremely tactically, and recovered from a fairly large blunder. I was pleased with my foresight and piece placement, with each move being useful four moves later but not ever telegramming my intentins to the opponent. I quickly won my piece back and won through tactical positioning; if the queens are off the board then it is far more sensible to NOT castle and instead get your king as central as possible whilst trading off pieces. This way you can overturn a deficit in the end game because you're not wasting moves repositioning. I also got my rook on a central open file after the queen trade -- I knowingly sacrificed my knight in favour of winning the open file, maintaining a central king AND wrecking his king's castled defenses. In the end I won because of this open file control and my opponent's king being too far away to protect the pawns on the other side of teh board once all the pieces were off. My opponent should've used their extra piece to take out hard-to-protect pawns asap, instead he tried to go king-hunting when realistically he had no gameplan there.

I hope these links work;

Here is the first game, and here is the second game (maybe).

Stumbled across that My Housemates Diary a couple of days. Wasted far too much time reading it but it's quite hard to stop once you've started, it's genuinely lolworthy.

Edited by Jon

Pre-tequila (prequila!):

200598_541289962550892_239591297_n.jpg

Post-tequila:

734990_10151334369598209_551453047_n.jpg

Ruddy Mexicans.

I like the outfit, but clown make-up will always be a bit creepy to me. :heh:

I was on Twitter today and noticed all the top trends in the UK were football related (shocker)... well, MOST OF THEM.

Second trending thing in the UK:

Nintendogsmemories

I think I might have broken my retweet button looking through some of those, I forgot what a great game it was.

Top two in Manchester:

#nintendogsmemories

#animalcrossingmemories

Top two in Manchester:

#nintendogsmemories

#animalcrossingmemories

That's amazing, I heard the Animal Crossing one was worldwide at some point. My 15 year old self is exploding right now.

Had a boring-at-first-then-more-drunk-more-fun evening, was gifted three bottled pints of fancy strong cider (better part of two left!) and I remember the entire evening. Score!

Shall be going to Barcelona in May for a stag do. Will also be watching Barcelona v Real Valladolid that weekend at the Nou Camp. Sorted...

2013 I shall be going to Paris, Rome, Barcelona & Alicante.... Lush. May have to forget New York this year.

Don't know if anyone else reads/has read Wheel of Time, but the final book (14th) comes out tomorrow, and i've reserved my copy at Waterstones. Going to go in at 9 o clock and pick it up and bring it home. Taking the day off work to read it....

So....fucking......excited. It feels like Christmas Eve!

Don't know if anyone else reads/has read Wheel of Time, but the final book (14th) comes out tomorrow, and i've reserved my copy at Waterstones. Going to go in at 9 o clock and pick it up and bring it home. Taking the day off work to read it....

So....fucking......excited. It feels like Christmas Eve!

Yeah, I'm so looking forward to this as well, not taking the day off work though!

Also glad I didn't start reading it when it was first published!

Shame Robert Jordan didn't survive to see his epic finished :(

Well not technically taking the day off from work, since i don't have a proper job, but i'm skiving from writing my thesis for the day...

Cancelled my Amazon order as they said it wasn't going to arrive for two to three days after release. Went to Waterstones, 'Of course we have them in stock, would you like to reserve one?'

Take that, online retailers!

Well not technically taking the day off from work, since i don't have a proper job, but i'm skiving from writing my thesis for the day...

Cancelled my Amazon order as they said it wasn't going to arrive for two to three days after release. Went to Waterstones, 'Of course we have them in stock, would you like to reserve one?'

Street retailers in this case win over online. Waterstones is a fantastic store

*Get invited to Sapporo International Night*

Oh sweet, free food and make some more friends with more of the students here..

*Get email today*

"Hey Michael! I was going to give you the invitation ticket it yesterday but I didnt see you in class, would you still like to attend? There's going to be around 300 people and Princess Akiko of Misaka will be attending as the special guest!"

Way to make me no longer want to go you dumb ass D:

I'm terrible around massive groups of people and a Princess attending is just the icing on the cake to make me consider chickening out. Heck, I hope there's no dress code because I have just shitty clothes here..

Fuck, better think quickly about whether or not to go to this. It'd be a shame if I didn't go, but it'd be even more disappointing if I wasted an invitation that some one else could have wanted

But it's nice to see what he was on about regarding making sure people from the UK are invited in some form when he mentioned it last month, because I definitely wouldn't have been picked for this event if the special guest didn't happen to have been on an exchange program in the UK..

Street retailers in this case win over online. Waterstones is a fantastic store

I was going to rant at how, when i went there yesterday, they told me they opened at 9, but actually it was 9.45 (on a Tuesday only, annoyingly) so i had to hang around for a bit.

However, when i got inside, they were so helpful. They offered to use my points card to take money off that purchase, despite me filling up the card with the same purchase (which i'm pretty sure they shouldn't do).

And then when they guy next to me bought the same book, and the woman noticed that his had a 'signed by the author' sticker on the front, she told me to wait, and she went back to see if i could have one of those too. Turns out they are 'signed' by Robert Jordan, i.e the guy that died 4 years ago, but still, its a nice thought.

Waterstones are great!

Debug Mode, you should go to the party! Just say fuck it and do it, nothing bad will come of it!

If you don't, we'll all withdraw our votes for you in the Achievement Award....

*Get invited to Sapporo International Night*

Oh sweet, free food and make some more friends with more of the students here..

*Get email today*

"Hey Michael! I was going to give you the invitation ticket it yesterday but I didnt see you in class, would you still like to attend? There's going to be around 300 people and Princess Akiko of Misaka will be attending as the special guest!"

Way to make me no longer want to go you dumb ass D:

I'm terrible around massive groups of people and a Princess attending is just the icing on the cake to make me consider chickening out. Heck, I hope there's no dress code because I have just shitty clothes here..

Fuck, better think quickly about whether or not to go to this. It'd be a shame if I didn't go, but it'd be even more disappointing if I wasted an invitation that some one else could have wanted

But it's nice to see what he was on about regarding making sure people from the UK are invited in some form when he mentioned it last month, because I definitely wouldn't have been picked for this event if the special guest didn't happen to have been on an exchange program in the UK..

I know how overwhelming something like that could be for you, but I do think you should accept. I'm sure it'll be a great event, and I think it could be a good way of facing your fears a bit. :)

No pressure, of course.

I know how overwhelming something like that could be for you, but I do think you should accept. I'm sure it'll be a great event, and I think it could be a good way of facing your fears a bit. :)

No pressure, of course.

Emailed the guy back later that night and explained the delay in replying, but said I would still like to go.

Hopefully me being a coward hasn't cost me my place haha

My housemate has taken 3 days off work to smash through it, and he's gone to the beach for that period of time. *shrug*