NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Went to a short film event thing (@Hamishmash it was Bar Shorts) and it was good fun. Expected to just see a few short films but they had an Irish folk singer on at some point and he was really good. All in all a surprisingly enjoyable evening.

Over the weekend I went home for my mother's 50th. She enjoyed her present, which was good. And my nan made me rock cakes ^_^

My animation teacher, Chris Shephard runs it, and in our lesson today he was all "Ah you should come along to Bar Shorts tonight be good fun!" and then 5 seconds later was all "Nobody has done any work, you need to do so much work tonight!"

Heading back to Japan this evening, staying until 10th of December. Going to be crazily busy while there but staying for that length of time should be great.

Well the start of this post belongs in the bad stuff thread, but it does have a happy ending.

Amazon failed me today, they didn't deliver Halo 4 to me today. I thought it was just me, however after a bit of browsing online it would appear a fair few people in the UK were also screwed by Amazon today.

I read that one person complained about their order not arriving today, and they got a full refund and could keep the game when it arrived.

well I went onto the customer chat and argued my case, it started that they offered me the postage fee back, I argued that I used £10 voucher that I gained via nectar points, and they offered to refund this.

I then said that i'd got evidence of other people getting full refunds and getting to keep the game when it eventually arrive. I linked them to posts on the bungie message boards where people had this treatment.

They caved, I'm getting a full refund, it'll be back on my card in 2-3 working days, AND I get to keep my limited edition of Halo 4 when it arrives.

i took a flex day at work for Halo 4, and was fuming that it was a wasted flex day. Now though, I'm actually pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Here's hoping it arrives tomorrow now at least.

Well the start of this post belongs in the bad stuff thread, but it does have a happy ending.

Amazon failed me today, they didn't deliver Halo 4 to me today. I thought it was just me, however after a bit of browsing online it would appear a fair few people in the UK were also screwed by Amazon today.

I read that one person complained about their order not arriving today, and they got a full refund and could keep the game when it arrived.

well I went onto the customer chat and argued my case, it started that they offered me the postage fee back, I argued that I used £10 voucher that I gained via nectar points, and they offered to refund this.

I then said that i'd got evidence of other people getting full refunds and getting to keep the game when it eventually arrive. I linked them to posts on the bungie message boards where people had this treatment.

They caved, I'm getting a full refund, it'll be back on my card in 2-3 working days, AND I get to keep my limited edition of Halo 4 when it arrives.

i took a flex day at work for Halo 4, and was fuming that it was a wasted flex day. Now though, I'm actually pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Here's hoping it arrives tomorrow now at least.

A classic example of how CS should not work, you should never do one thing for one and not expect to have to do it for all.

However, on the side of the consumer - GO MURR! :bowdown:

My animation teacher, Chris Shephard runs it, and in our lesson today he was all "Ah you should come along to Bar Shorts tonight be good fun!" and then 5 seconds later was all "Nobody has done any work, you need to do so much work tonight!"

The Northern guy? He seemed nice but he also seemed to be trying to do some kind of weird stand up routine...it was odd. But not bad (if that makes any sense).

Was a good night though. You should come to the next one! Although I may not. There's a monthly short film thing literally 2 minutes from my door with free beer and I think they often clash so we're going to alternate.

A classic example of how CS should not work, you should never do one thing for one and not expect to have to do it for all.

However, on the side of the consumer - GO MURR! :bowdown:

I agree, sometimes the ease at which unhappy consumers can ensure companies bow to quite unreasonable demands is just ridiculous. Especially because knowledge of this soon becomes viral and it'll end up costing the company a whole lot more!

Whilst I think it is far for you Murr to get what the other person got, I think a full refund is a bit unfair on the company (even though they were due to deliver it on that date - I think some sort of compensation was due).

The Northern guy? He seemed nice but he also seemed to be trying to do some kind of weird stand up routine...it was odd. But not bad (if that makes any sense).

Was a good night though. You should come to the next one! Although I may not. There's a monthly short film thing literally 2 minutes from my door with free beer and I think they often clash so we're going to alternate.

I WANT TO COME! FREE DRINK!

In good news for me......

I'M GOING TO CHICAGO!

IN 12 DAYS!

FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!

Haven't been anywhere this year really other than London and Southampton, so thought I deserved a trip away :) My best friend moved out their, so free accommodation! Can't wait!

I just poured myself some Jack with ice and now I'm gonna watch Wall-E on a 34" screen. Aw yeah.

Just done a sex wee reading about all the new info on GTA V - don't think I've ever been this hyped for one game, but nobody's talking about it in the game's thread!

Going to Atomic Burger tonight....

This is the menu -

P1020434.JPG

you get a sticker book, and each burger you have (or milkshake, starter, pudding) you get a sticker for your book.

It's decorated inside like .... the best room ever.

550964_10151069375332579_360859706_n.jpg?w=560

atomic+burger+014.jpg

555760_10151069375072579_282829133_n.jpg?w=560

Love the place.

I bought a plane ticket yesterday to go see my family at Christmas! Yaaaayyyyy!

At first it didn't seem like I would be getting any time off in December, but with enough pestering I finally got them to get things sorted. =D

Sadly Jim is not joining me, but I am sure he will be happy visiting his family in Wales. Cannot wait for Christmas dinner and exchanging presents and seeing everyone (including my dog and cat, yay!). ^_____^

Went out for drinks last night with @The Bard. After scaring away some women, listening to The Backstreet Boys and trying to figure out where Putney is we came back to mine, drank on the roof, cuddled up on the sofa and watched Frasier and then he lost his voice.

Fun night!

We we so fucked up we didn't notice that the same Frasier episode played twice. I'm very surprised I didn't fall off the roof tbh.

But yeah that was great fun, I'm only just recovering from the alcohol induced mutation my brain suffered that night, after spending the last two days watching Jackass and cackling in the fetal position.

I handed my notice in, so 19th November is my last day at Spotify.

I would cheer, but I feel kind of bad, because there are things I will miss...

Oh what the hell...WOOOOOOHHHOOOOOO.

I would cheer, but I feel kind of bad, because there are things I will miss...

No more free trips to New York!

No more free trips to New York!

I seriously doubt there would have been any more of those anyway, plus Jagex do those too, just more of a holiday, rather than a working in a different country. :blush:

Oh, so that's why you'd rather work for them.

Can't say I blame you, to be fair! :p

Oh, so that's why you'd rather work for them.

Can't say I blame you, to be fair! :p

Oh dear.

I love both companies, but obviously right now, my mind is set on progression and I believe I'll get that at Jagex. :blush::)