NEurope
nightwolf

good stuff thread.

Went to a board games evening hosted at some shop in town, and met some cool guys and played some Descent. Was awk for ages at first, literally standing around as people spoke this foreign language of card- and board games, but once we were sat and playing it was much more chilled. Went to a pub afterwards with a couple and pubs are, basically, my territory, so I wooed them with my words.

There's this girl I'm not-interested-in-bit-happy-to-talk-to, who I'm sorta getting mixed signals off. I'm not really ready for anything, nor able to commit to anything, due to leaving the country again in a few months, but also due to having low self-esteem/no 'career' to speak of... Yet it's so weird to get to know the aliens we call Female all over again. They're so mental. It's like those episodes of Crystal Maze where you're screaming at the TV because the solution is so fucking obvious... yet once you're trapped inside the box it's all alien and foreign and other words I've used already.

Fuck, I hate me.

Went to a board games evening hosted at some shop in town, and met some cool guys and played some Descent. Was awk for ages at first, literally standing around as people spoke this foreign language of card- and board games, but once we were sat and playing it was much more chilled. Went to a pub afterwards with a couple and pubs are, basically, my territory, so I wooed them with my words.

There's this girl I'm not-interested-in-bit-happy-to-talk-to, who I'm sorta getting mixed signals off. I'm not really ready for anything, nor able to commit to anything, due to leaving the country again in a few months, but also due to having low self-esteem/no 'career' to speak of... Yet it's so weird to get to know the aliens we call Female all over again. They're so mental. It's like those episodes of Crystal Maze where you're screaming at the TV because the solution is so fucking obvious... yet once you're trapped inside the box it's all alien and foreign and other words I've used already.

Fuck, I hate me.

Just imagine the frustration of the people / humanoids watching us.

"Goddamnit you stupid earthling, make a move already!"

Yeah Jay, why not, if you're leaving you've got nothing to lose have you! Just a bit of fun/practise :p

Not sure if this is good or not, but the 7yr ex came over last night to collect the rest of her stuff she didnt have time to take last time. I have seen her once or twice in the last 8 months or so, and it wasnt really that weird to see her yesterday either, but it was a little melancholy all the same. Especially as she wasn't so sure staying in touch was a good idea as her new partner is a bit funny about staying in touch with ex's (to be fair, my current gf was a bit intimidated too, which i understand as it was a long time we were together). I guess its hard to convey to others how completely non-romantic our relationship is anymore and have them believe you. The phrase 'just friends now' can never be completely believed by others, which is a shame, as that is 100% all it is.

But anyway, the good thing is i have loads more free space at mine now, a clear conscience with my new gf and (hopefully) a bright future with her. We handled the whole thing maturely which i just love about her. True, she did get a little worried and upset, but she never took it out on me or questioned me about it more than needed. I think i may have found a moderately rationally minded girl for once! (and they are rare in my experience!).

Edited by Jav_NE

There's nothing quite like that feeling you get after you've hit a brick wall in a piece of work, spent hours racking your brain over the problem and then eventually getting the solution. Think today is one of the first days in a long time where I genuinely feel that I've actually accomplished something with my work at uni in terms of figuring out something that borders on obscene levels of difficulty.

Definitely deserve a drink after all of that :grin: Although, it's more a case of any old excuse will do :p

Fuck, I hate me.

We should fucking bring back the Crystal Maze, someone needs too! Let it be us!

When are you leaving again Jay?

I feel another N-E Meet/Mini-Meet should be on the cards. Don't feel the 2011 meet was good enough for me; there are some good peeps on here.

We should fucking bring back the Crystal Maze, someone needs too! Let it be us!

When are you leaving again Jay?

I feel another N-E Meet/Mini-Meet should be on the cards. Don't feel the 2011 meet was good enough for me; there are some good peeps on here.

Latest is April but it could be a month or two now, so if I'm going to take part in a 2013 meet it needs to happen pronto! :P

Used the hi-fi in my room at home for the first time in ages. Nobody was in so I blared out some Megadeth at an extreme volume. Sweet Christ I love the riff in Wake up Dead from the one minute mark.

Was hopping and air guitaring everywhere. There was no stopping me.

Very apropos, I recently started getting into Magic: The Gathering and found out there's a proper geek shop in Aarhus (comic books, board and card games, LARP gear etc.) that has Magic evenings with tournaments and trading and stuff. I went yesterday, and though I'm still too much of a noob to participate, I fit in perfectly; I quickly started chatting with a couple of people, and before I knew it I was getting Chinese food and chatting away with a bunch of strangers - quite literally, as I hadn't even properly got their names at that point. :heh: Knowing how bad I've been (and still can be) at approaching new people, that's quite a victory. Personal growth FTW. :)

I've got a few gaming 'circles' and I'm the noobiest in all of them but they're all patient and excellent at explaining things, etc. I've heard plenty of horror stories about some elitist guys out there, typically can be the store owner who has almighty domain over everyone, but these days there are enough stores out there -- and pubs! -- that it need not be a problem.

Today at 4PM we left the lab, went upstairs and and ate chocolate muffins and drank champagne. Sweet. It should be somebody's birthday every Friday.

Luckily it is! Every day, even! Though, really, it's bad form to use that as an excuse to cake and booze non-stop. Attempting to toast each newborn in the world as it happens is a quick success route to puking everywhere.

Used the hi-fi in my room at home for the first time in ages. Nobody was in so I blared out some Megadeth at an extreme volume. Sweet Christ I love the riff in Wake up Dead from the one minute mark.

Was hopping and air guitaring everywhere. There was no stopping me.

Man, the riff that kicks at 2:35 is still one of the best ever written.

The song draws a smile from me every time, often-times a demonic one.

Man, the riff that kicks at 2:35 is still one of the best ever written.

The song draws a smile from me every time, often-times a demonic one.

That whole album is just pure ass-kicking from start to finish. Gotta love early Megadeth, the songs are just tight as hell...

Spent the day with @Goron_3 at the Autosports Car Show, lovely guy (great chat), and had a wicked time!

Got Sir Jackie Stewart and Jake Humpreys autographs, plus a few others, got to photograph some amazing F1 cars past and present, heard some great interviews, learnt some good stuff, and a great atmosphere all round! :D

Also incredibly dressed Booth/Pit Babes everywhere! :p

That whole album is just pure ass-kicking from start to finish. Gotta love early Megadeth, the songs are just tight as hell...

Killing is... and So Far, So Good are both pretty terrible though. Rust in Peace however...there's no album like it.

life story...

But anyway, the good thing is i have loads more free space at mine now, a clear conscience with my new gf and (hopefully) a bright future with her. We handled the whole thing maturely which i just love about her. True, she did get a little worried and upset, but she never took it out on me or questioned me about it more than needed. I think i may have found a moderately rationally minded girl for once! (and they are rare in my experience!).

How long have you know this knew girl for Jav? (this feels like the wrong thread tbh!)