Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Dark Knight Rises (Spoilers inside, enter at own risk)

Retro_Link

I was thinking it'd be quite cool if TDKR showed more extreme vigilante justice showing up in Gotham, and Batman treated as a bit of a symbol to the people. Maybe even cameo "Huntress", or "Azrael" and stuff. :D (obviously making them just "normal" people)

Would just be fan service really. :p

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Hush hater.

I wouldn't count Hathaway out yet, we all remember Heath Ledger being cast as Joker.

Yeah, just because Hush has been handled badly doesn't mean doesn't rock the house. He looks awesome, he pretty much matches Batman in every aspect...he's pretty much an awesome version of Millar's Nemesis (from what I understand of that).

I'm not counting Hathaway out but I could see Ledger instantly when he was cast. Physically, Hath is tiny.

Havn't fully read the thread but Paj said "I wouldn't count Hathaway out yet"

Who has counted her out, because you need a slap. She's a cracking actor. Also attractive. I've masturbated a few times and her picture has entered the screen on a few occasions.

Great casting and choice of characters. I'm chuffed to bits that they are going with famous's as opposed to boring as fuck psychological characters like Hugo Strange.

Bring on the fun.

I was simultaneously talking on here and facebook about it. People were counting her out. A little bit.

PLUS I have a feeling she MAY not be Catwoman in the traditional sense. The fact she was announced as "Selina Kyle" and not Catwoman is a big thing to consider. Maybe she is just a civilian in this, or a more realistic cat burglar or something.

Yeah exactly, which I find a much more tantalising option. And you (I hazard a guess) may too, being of the opinion that another interpretation of specifically Catwoman couldn't match Michelle Pfifiaer, and that you'd be more open to a less homonized role urger opso ipso factor Seleener Kial.

Well I wouldn't have minded if she played Catwoman, costume and everything, since Michelle Pfieffer's one wasn't at all like the comic version. It's still a tour-de-force performance/role on her part, but the only reason I'd mind Anne playing "full" Catwoman is that if it was a bit "..." I'd fear young peeps would assume the character was naff or something (with the Halle Berry one still so fresh in everyone's minds especially). When in fact Michelle was brill in BR.

I'd have to keep repeating how people should watch the "old" Batman films, like an old man. :p

I always hated that poster of Riddler as a child. What he's doing with his arms just...creeped me out. Not in a cool way either.

Anyway. I'm indifferent/mildly like Riddler in Batman Forever, but really Batman & Robin > Batman Forever a million times. B&R is my beautiful dark twisted fantasy.

THE BEST DAMN THING

:bowdown: Best thing I'd ever seen in 1997

:bowdown:

:bowdown:

Nuttin will beat Batman & Robin's camp glory. So amazin'.

I'd much rather have the Nolan series over the old, there is just too much jest in the portrayal of the characters. Bane concerns me. Scarecrow's hallucinogenic is fine, but I'm not sure how a military serum will work in with the realism of Nolan's take on the universe. Much love for Tom Hardy though.

I have a feeling we're about to get a much revamped (and somewhat improved) version of Bane. Intellectually I think he'll be the same old charmer he's always been, but as for his "powers" as a villain, I do believe Nolan will be going for somewhat of a departure.

Which is awesome, as far as I'm concerned, what's always made Bane great is his personality.

Also, I think, since he's leaving and all, nolan might be wanting to leave with a bang:

bbane.jpg

THE BEST DAMN THING

:bowdown: Best thing I'd ever seen in 1997

Holy mother of god, I forgot just how damn camp that was. It's essentially a modern version of the almost as camp (but infinitely better) 60's Batman. : peace:

I want this to happen:

Edited by The fish

Holy mother of god, I forgot just how damn camp that was. It's essentially a modern version of the almost as camp (but infinitely better) 60's Batman. : peace:

Exactly! It's not a good film (as we all know), but it gets too much hate, hate that I feel is misplaced. If you don't like camp things, fair enough, but as a Batman fan, loving how completely OTT silly and camp it is, and it being the first one I saw in the cinema, I love the film.

That's so stunning though.

GothCard.jpg

I love Good Thru : Forever.

I love it. Why is there pink neon light coming from the ground? :laughing:

If people took this film less seriously they'd find so much to enjoy. I'm suprised actually that it hasn't become one of those generally considered "shit but hilarious/amazing so it's fine" films yet.

I heard Joel Scumacher had apologised for B&R, which upset me. It's so clearly a directorial vision of his, so for him to apologise for it annoyed me. But when I watched the clip, he doesn't really apologise for making the film, just for disappointing fans who wanted something else.

People bat it around as though he is actually regretting what he made, when he clearly knows it's stunning. :D

Edited by Paj!

I have a feeling we're about to get a much revamped (and somewhat improved) version of Bane. Intellectually I think he'll be the same old charmer he's always been, but as for his "powers" as a villain, I do believe Nolan will be going for somewhat of a departure.

Which is awesome, as far as I'm concerned, what's always made Bane great is his personality.

That assumption wouldn't be based on Nolans own words would it? :p

Nolan said, "I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies."
But yes.

What with Nolan having stayed away from CGI as far as all his characters have been concerned, I wouldn't be surprised and infact I really hope that we see nothing more to Bane beyond Tom Hardy's physical peak. So make him strong yes, but far more about the human side, the mind games, the outwitting, the tactician.

Also, because I can't really see 'venom' fitting in, I hope we see the venom serum swapped out for a drug injection, that perhaps Bane injects himself with every now and again in order to stay in peak condition and give him an edge over Batman (or infact the other criminals in the city whilst Batman is absent, in order to establish himself)... then when it comes down to fighting Batman he overuses it and somewhat looses his rational control.

Edited by Retro_Link

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!