N-Europe

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Happenstance

So now this is being advertised as part of Microsoft's XBLA House Party will it be a timed exclusive?!

Almost certainly, I'd say. Probably not for too long, though, likely a month.

Incidentally it seems the game will have a tiny bit of extra graphical polish, although probably nothing too obvious based on the following comparison:

PC

BGE-2010-10-02-09-53-50-39.jpg

HD

BGEHD_Screenshots_-(13).jpg

If you can't spot the differences, the HD backdrop is more detailed with extra graphical flourishes and Jade herself has some better defined texturing. Obviously not big deals in and of themselves, but at least it shows some level of care is going into the port.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

BG&E getting a second chance? Has justice and common sense finally reached planet earth?

It was a real tragedy of a good, well-recieved game getting nex to no love from gamers. I really hope it's second leash of live proves more succesful... and let Ubisoft make a stance when it comes to BG&E2. C'mon, why tease and not release?

• 1 month later...

I just discovered this by pure accident, but the game is out now. Only 360 though.

I was so excited when I found out, only to come crashing down to Earth when I realized my card is blocked and I haven't recieved my new one :sad:

I just discovered this by pure accident, but the game is out now. Only 360 though.

I was so excited when I found out, only to come crashing down to Earth when I realized my card is blocked and I haven't recieved my new one :sad:

You can just go buy points in a store, but I have to wait 2-3 weeks to get an internet connection :cry:

Considering PoP HD 1-3 remakes were in 3D I'm secretly hoping this will be in 3D too.

Makes sense?!

Jade in 3D would be smexy and the hovercraft sections seem suited to 3D visuals. (I've been playing Waverace in 3D (upscaled on Samsung) and it is sublime).

Hang on... What's this. Waverace? The Gamecube version? In 3D? Upscaled? Explain...

Hang on... What's this. Waverace? The Gamecube version? In 3D? Upscaled? Explain...

Samsung TV's can upscale 2D content into 3D. Waverace just happens to work brilliantly. I can't go back to 2D.

Really miffed that Ubi have made this a timed exclusive. Isn't exclusivity one part of the reason the original failed to sell?

:nono:

Samsung TV's can upscale 2D content into 3D. Waverace just happens to work brilliantly. I can't go back to 2D.

Really miffed that Ubi have made this a timed exclusive. Isn't exclusivity one part of the reason the original failed to sell?

:nono:

So does everything just pop out?! I can't see how it would know what to pop out/give depth to and what not to?!

Ubisoft offering the soundtrack for free!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/08/ubisoft-offering-beyond-good-and-evil-soundtrack-for-free/

On the off chance that you're too busy cataloging Hillyan wildlife or having deep, intellectual conversations with your bipedal porcine uncle to notice, Beyond Good and Evil (and its recently released HD renovation) has an incredible soundtrack. Also, in case you were too busy using the internet to look at LOLCats or read Sonic the Hedgehog fan fiction to notice, said soundtrack is totally free to download right this very second.

We like to think it's worth your bandwidth -- especially if you've got any hovercraft racing, factory-spying or pearl dredging on your schedule in the immediate future.

where to get it?

Here:

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/BGE/ost/Beyond_Good_and_Evil-OST.zip

• 1 year later...

Downloaded the Trial version of this today on the PS3 and played the 20-30minute intro I guess (just before getting in the hovercraft). I'm really not sure about it/that I like it.

The movement is strangely floaty, like Jade's gliding around as opposed to feeling properly grounded.

Also I'm not really liking the HD visuals now that they're blown up on an HD TV as opposed to the Youtube videos. And honestly I'm not sure if the art style is really appealing to me.

I think I would have enjoyed this game alot more back when it was released on the Gamecube, and on a smaller SD TV.

Think the money might be better spent on my other PSN interests, The Unfinished Swan, SotC and Journey.

Edited by Retro_Link