Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

If I really want a cheap night I'll just get myself 3 litres of Frosty Jacks. It taste no worse than say, Strongbow, is strong and bloody cheap. Admittedly, SB taste terrible too, but so do most ciders.

Are you mental in the face? Sure SB isn't the greatest tasting drink but Frosty Jack's is the most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Are you mental in the face? Sure SB isn't the greatest tasting drink but Frosty Jack's is the most disgusting thing I've ever had in my mouth.

Hmmmm. I was exaggerating a bit but I just really think Strongbow is shit. If you're gonna drink that kind of cheap/crap alcohol, may as well make it strong. I have a particular dislike for Strongbow now as well since it was all I drank from the ages of 16-18.

The only ciders which seem to be any good (and they are very good) are the individual bottles you get in the supermarket. Like Henry Weston's for example. Most others (with the possible exception of Magners) just taste like an imitation of alcopops compared to those ciders.

Hmmmm. I was exaggerating a bit but I just really think Strongbow is shit. If you're gonna drink that kind of cheap/crap alcohol, may as well make it strong. I have a particular dislike for Strongbow now as well since it was all I drank from the ages of 16-18.

The only ciders which seem to be any good (and they are very good) are the individual bottles you get in the supermarket. Like Henry Weston's for example. Most others (with the possible exception of Magners) just taste like an imitation of alcopops compared to those ciders.

Most of the Weston's range is lovely. Personal favourite being organic.

DPSA122.jpg

That's right. A Papier mache tortoise. For my girlfriend. We went to a farm market stall museum thing today and when the girls were separated us boys decided to buy presents for our wenches because we're stupid like that. Before she spotted us sitting down, she went via the same stall and bout the same thing. ONLY MINE WAS MASSIVE.

That isn't what she says very often.

But anyway.

What?

£18 for calamari, some veggie dipper-like things, chips and two drinks isn't too bad.

You're heinously expensive!

Are we talking about the one nearish Oxford Circus? I suppose its cause I've only ever been there for drinks, and places do tend to give something of a concession if you're buying drinks for a meal. But that's still expensive. Maybe I'll bump into you there one day :heh:.