NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz 100 Question Special (Scores Updated)

37. is: 37.

Unless there is some shenanigans I am not getting.

*cough*.....

Keeping with the theme from question 28...

Question 12:

or...

Guaranteed. Laugh.

Oh, and I think you must have forgotten to put me down for 1 point in the leader-board for Q. 28

If i am allowed another shot at Number 48, i shall answer it again

Roger Moore

(unless you are considering the un-official ones)

*snip!*

Edited by Shorty

only guess 1 until told otherwiiseeee... pay attention people or I'll dock points :heh:

I'll go through answers shortly, all look good at first glance!

Edited by Shorty

30. If I had seven bananas and I gave you two, how many bananas would I have left?

Not sure if I completely understand this one, but here goes.

75. chessc.jpg Knight moves down 2 and right 1 and checks the king.

13) x = -3 or x = 2/3

I hope. Quite likely I got it wrong but my working got a bit scribbly and I cant be bothered to go over it. I also cant be bothered to type it up right now, but I will do so later if you wish.

Sorry, not quite what I have down here!

Keeping with the theme from question 28...

Question 12:

Sorry, Dan Dare got there first :( But I will watch those videos tomorrow anyway.

30. If I had seven bananas and I gave you two, how many bananas would I have left?

Wait, what?

I'm no expert and this is jayseven's question but that queen could just take the knight straight away. Or the king could move. You've got to win the game, not just have the next go ;)

Can I now resubmit my answer to the one about the MiniOdders?

And by resubmit I mean can you just give me the points as I've already answered :p

Nolan; that's incorrect, I'm afraid! Not just looking for a check, but the move that will lead to black winning the game, beyond doubt, with an eventual checkmate by forcing white's moves. if 1 ... ne2, then 2. Qxe2, which'd leave black fuxxord

A temporary solution though.

Knight moves and checks the King. King moves out of check. Queen takes Rook for Checkmate. Assuming this is what they wanted. Even though the title has been changed to allow us to answer more, it hasn't been 24 hours for me. So if I can't have this, someone else have it.

checkmate.jpg

78. After you have seen him on the Bioshock 2 box art, which character from a totally different game can no longer be unseen?

Bomberman!

162406-bioshock.jpg

EEVIL; the round's been opened up again - you have the correct solution! Just out of interest, what would you do if white did the other available move they have; rather than responding by moving the king out of check, white takes the knight with the pawn.

I know shorty's gamerscore (as of an hour ago :P) but I wanna try and do the anagram. It's fhard.

A temporary solution though.

Knight moves and checks the King. King moves out of check. Queen takes Rook for Checkmate. Assuming this is what they wanted. Even though the title has been changed to allow us to answer more, it hasn't been 24 hours for me. So if I can't have this, someone else have it.

checkmate.jpg

The pawn can just take the knight rather than the king move. There's 2 methods depending on whether the king moves.

Edit: jayseven already said that, haha. In this situation, I would move the queen diagonally so it was above the king, then use the bishop to take the pawn that took the knight. Checkmate.

Edited by Sheikah

Correct moves, but wrong order! Moving the bishop first means that white would be free to take black's queen! Moving the queen forces white to move out of check :)

edit: lol editing frenzy :P OVERRIDDEN BY NINJAS!

Edited by jayseven

11. Before being N-Europe, what other names has this site gone by?

1. N64europe.com

2. cube-europe.com

3. revo-europe.com

43. Name four ex admins of this forum

Jordon, Platty, Tphi and FierceLink

Edited by The Lillster

The pawn can just take the knight rather than the king move. There's 2 methods depending on whether the king moves.

Edit: jayseven already said that, haha. In this situation, I would move the queen diagonally so it was above the king, then use the bishop to take the pawn that took the knight. Checkmate.

You could move the Queen first so it was above where the King is to begin with. Then slam it down into the middle pawn. King can't take the Queen because it's locked by the Bishop.

Fuck it for now, the anagram one is making me doubt my sanity;

42. Uber leets; piro roadkill, tendo, apple ndib, phantasmagoria/gamecubegod/zatoichi/Fred/amillionandoneothernames, zeikfried, largo (rob), jordan, athriller. OFFHEAD!

Murray; if you move the queen first then white can simply move pawn to g3.

editagainofRAGE: ... and I just solved teh anagram... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

You could move the Queen first so it was above where the King is to begin with. Then slam it down into the middle pawn. King can't take the Queen because it's locked by the Bishop.
The pawn could move up between turns where the queen takes it. What I meant is that you need the first solution you suggested as well as the second solution for a proper, 'guaranteed' solution to win the game. The first solution is only dependent on one of two outcomes, after all.

Jay, ninjas play tricks. :p

Edited by Sheikah

Sheikah I believe we must've had 4 posts between us in a row where the other person edits their own reply before we noticed! Such is teh quiz frenzy!