NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz 100 Question Special (Scores Updated)

This is the N-Europe Official Quiz. There will be prizes! Maybe just forum based. Maybe real life based.

A New Round Coming Soon.

Just 4 Rounds left until a winner is decided.

Update 22/09/10

Scoreboard Updated

Unanswered questions from previous round explained!

The Rules:

1. Most importantly: One correct answer per person, per round! The only way you can have another guess at something else is if we tell you that your guess was wrong, which includes if someone else guessed before you, or if Rule 3 comes into play.

2. Post your answer in this thread. Only answer one question until told you are wrong. Post it so that it is clear which number question you are answering. No PMs necessary. Use whatever means you want to get your answer. Google. Wikipedia. IMDB. Carrier Pigeon. It's up to you.

3. If there are questions that have not been answered after 24 hours then the remaining questions are freed up for those who already have a correct answer. This means that it is your only opportunity to get more than one point per round. The quizmaster may decide to let you answer just one more question, or several.

4. Scoreboard will be kept in this post. Prizes will probably be given to the top 3 or 5 depending on how successful it is.

5. We don't yet know how many staff will be taking place, hopefully all of them! If we get a final number of rounds, I'll let you all know.

6. If the quizmaster makes a mistake, don't have a go at them; send them a Private Message about it.

Cube - 17

Sheikah - 14

Haggis - 12

Eddage - 11

jayseven - 11

gmac - 11

EchoDesiato - 10

Coolness Bears - 9

Sparko - 9

Owario - 8

ShadowV7 - 8

Eenuh - 8

Nolan - 8

MoogleViper - 8

Conzer16 - 7

Hellfire - 7

Mundi - 7

Stefkov - 7

EEVILMURRAY - 7

Dan Dare - 7

Gizmo - 6

Ashley - 6

Ellmeister - 6

Dazz - 6

Haden - 5

the_fish - 5

weeyellowbloke - 5

Fierce_LiNk - 5

McMad - 4

My Buttons are Magic! - 4

Shino - 4

welsh_gamer - 4

Dante - 4

Mr_Odwin - 4

Maddog - 4

dannyboy-the-dane - 4

Fresh - 3

killthenet - 3

Monopolyman - 3

Paj Meen Ah - 3

Bluejay - 2

Caris - 2

Daft - 2

mcj metroid - 2

Strider - 2

Tales - 2

Skunky - 2

The Villan - 2

Happenstance - 2

Retro_Link - 2

gaggle64 - 2

Murr - 2

Jimbob - 2

Nintendohnut - 2

Ville - 2

Nami - 2

Lillster - 2

ReZourceman - 2

Charlie - 2

Goron_3 - 1

LazyBoy - 1

mariosmentor - 1

mr-paul - 1

Noodleman - 1

Rapture1984 - 1

Tetzcatlipoca - 1

Zell - 1

Jav_NE - 1

ganepark32 - 1

dan-likes-trees - 1

chairdriver - 1

nintendo-master 1

(Lemme know if you changed your name since this)

Answers:

4. How awesome are squirrels?

I would've taken pretty much any positive answer for 1 point, and some creativity could've gained you 3 points

5. If I had some kind of base where I kept pictures for my wall in a net, what would the 330,076th picture be of?

This was one of my favourite questions, if you'd googled base wall net you would've found wallbase.net, a wallpaper website. the 330,076th wallpaper is of Zebras. 2 Points missed out on!

14. What's my Xbox Gamerscore?

As of right now, 40,495G

17. When asked what his favourite word was - and then upon failing to respond, pressured into saying the first thing that popped into his head - what word did ReZ provide? You can have three guesses for this question (shush ReZ).

"Boobs." 3 points if you got it right first time, down to 1.

41. Are all the (measurable) dimensionless parameters that characterize the physical universe calculable in principle or are some merely determined by historical or quantum mechanical accident and uncalculable?

45. I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, what is it?

8 for 2 points

52. 17. Decode this: djptyz

"Shorty", if you move one key to the right of each letter on your keyboard - 2 points

64. Which three bands did jayseven see on the 2nd of January 2009?

Rise Against, Flobots and Anti-Flag, could've easily been found out through the forum's advanced search! - duex point

73. What’s awesome about this picture?

64434163.jpg

It's a freakin' still life painting! - 2 points

77. How many points is a red duck worth on round 3 on Duck Hunt (NES, not arcade)

Rise Against, Flobots and Anti-Flag, could've easily been found out through the forum's advanced search! - duex point

81. Solve this game name anagram: Climax sworn obstinacy.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - 3 points if I think you figured it out yourself, 1 point if by some online service, 2 if I'm not sure :P

93. What is this?

capturezq.png

It's the air filter from a Gas Mask being sported by Nightwolf - 3 pointer

1.Name ten non-human characters from the original Toy Story other than Woody and Buzz well done Ashley but I would've given bonus points for Scott, Mrs Nesbit or Buster. - Ashley - 1 point

2.What game is this? - body harvest! - j7 - 2 points

top10tuesdaysunderrated.jpg

20831_10150204043325691_669125690_13444047_4193883_n.jpg

Well done moogleviper, it's dan-likes-trees - 1 point

7.What is my girlfriend's forum name on N-E? Nami it is - ine - 1 point

6.New slang when you notice the stripes, the ____ in your fries. (Dirt) - Dazz 1 point

8.What's the answer to this question then? - bananaman! - Shiekah - 1 Point

9.Name both of Mr_Odwin's children. Anna and Caleb - 3 points to Ashley. Who isn't getting anything if he wins.

10. What's Shuckle's Hoenn Dex # multiplied by Squirtle's national #? 1 point for the right answer and 1 point for first correct answer both rounds! Eenuh - 2 Points

11. Before being N-Europe, what other names has this site gone by? eddage gets 2 points

12. Post a youtube video which will absolutely, without a doubt, make me laugh. full marks to Dan Dare 3 points

13. Solve log 3 ( 2-3x) = log 9 (6x^2-19x+2) x = -1/3 or x=-2, well done Fish 2 points

15. Give me the username of four forum members called "Chris" me and some other guys - jim - 1 point

16. What's the most famous example of a split infinitive? chairdriver 1 point

18. Which of these things is not currently on my desk? (There's no pic anywhere, you gotta guess) a) A packet of wooden pegs b) A rubber band ball c) a giraffe screen cleaner d) a tape measure. - 1 point Nolan

19. How long was the largest recorded blue whale? ReZ 1 point

20. What's a haberdashery? a place that sells sewing stuff, apparently - Dan Dare - 1 point

21. We're going to play Rock Paper Scissors. I've already typed out my twenty goes, you type out your twenty and the best of 5 wins. Nolan 2 points

22. If I put my photos in a shop, what will I do with my dreams? This one goes to that dude, Dazz for 1 point

23. Who is darksnowman's most listened to artist this week? - 2 points to paj

24. Who did we last hear from saying these lines: "Wake me... when you need me." Master Chief - Nintendohnut 2 points

25. What's "Cosmetic Lad"? a Lush moisturiser, a googleable 1 point for Murr

26. Name the film 1 - Breakfast Club it is - 1 point Odwin

asdfifs.jpg

27. Name the film 2 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Next - 1 point for Mundi

captureri.png

28. Name the film 3 Rear Window - nabbed by the Hitchcock fan nintendo-master for 1 point

capturedw.png

29. According to that awesome piece of literary inspiration, the daily mail, what might be eating your eyes? - 1 point Eddage

30. If I had seven bananas and I gave you two, how many bananas would I have left? - sometimes it's not a trick - 2 points Mundi

31. How many threads are in "Board News and Issues"? - 58 at the time of writing - Eddage 1 point

32. What kind of car do I drive? 2 points Ellmeister

33. What kind of car does Goafer drive? Happenstance pwned me for 2 points

34. What kind of car did Will' drive until it was almost written off forever? Lotus Elise - nintendohnut 1 point

35. What is the answer to life the universe and everything? Murr got the reference, 1 point

36. Which country did Ashley visit last Summer? - Japan - 1 point Mundi

37. What is the question number of this question? no trick, 2 points to mundi

38. What kind of pets do I have? rats ashley 2 points

39. How bored am I of writing these questions? very, but I accepted any answer for 1 point to sparko

40. What server is the official N-E IRC room on? Quakenet is correct MadDog for 2 points

42. Name the Uber Leets jayseven 2 points

43. Name four ex admins of this forum lillster - 2 points

44. What's the tenth word (ignoring quotations) in The Amber Spyglass - 1 point cube & nolan

46. 14. Simplify (4x + 5) 2 – (2x – 1) 2, answer in the form ax2 + bx + c. - 2 points gmac / 1 point dannyboy

47. What is 6594 x (2343254 - 545421)? ignore that sum, the answer is 6 - 2 points nolan

48. Who was the best James Bond? - on his second attempt, Roger Moore :) - Jimbob for 2 points

49. asdfasdfasdfz.jpg

- Manchester Orchestra, 2 Points Sparko

50. Show me N-E's favicon - 2 points Cube (3 if you'd put the effort in to convert it and post it not as a link :heh:)

51. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1x0= ? I was a bit sneaky with this one, sorry Fish! Well done weeyellowbloke 2 points

53. What would you rather be attacked by, a dozen duck sized horses or one horse sized duck? - gmac 1 point

54. What is the mean distance of the Sun from the Earth? 1 AU is worth 2 points, the distance in km would've only been 1. 2 points cube

55. What are the missing letters in this David Bowie song? _ _ F _ _ A _ _ T T _ _ _ _Y (lol, fatty) well done, they were SUFRGEECIT flink 2 points

56. On which date was the original Perfect Dark game re-released on Xbox Live Arcade? - 1 point gmac

57. What's the fewest number of darts you can use to get down to "13" points on a game of 301 darts? 5, 3x20, 3x20, 3x20, 3x20, 3x16 - 2 points Flink

58. Name five types of tree. Fish - 2 points Did you know Fish is a Civil Engineer?

59. "8 E 3 C B 9" = "P U R P L E". How so?It's a hex code - well done Nolan - 2 points

60. Cover your face with post-it notes which have a picture of your face drawn across them, and post it here. Fantastic although slightly disturbing - 3 points

61. When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, what's that? - 1 point to Paj

62. Which big-selling band do these co-ordinates point to? 51.669428 -0.59313 - gmac gets 2 points

63. I'm sitting at work and I've just picked up my phone. If I was to dial 0207 722 0070 right now, who would I get through to? - cube 1 point

65. What is this symbol? - inhalation hazard - I would've accepted any kind of hilarious joke like "warning, pacman eating bacon" or "warning, zoidberg" but whatever - sheikah 1 point

11372880.jpg

66. On which date did we finish the move from Xsorbit to VBulletin (opening the forum to registered users)? - cube 2 points

67. The answer to this questions is super hidden somewhere on this page. The answer: Fourteen fridge firing fighter pilots fought fifteen fascist foxes. ~ nice one Sheikah 3 points

68. What's the 50th word in this thread? Excluding numbers. "is" (at the time of posting) - 1 point Paj

69. Which moderator has Happenstance’s first name as a surname? - 2 points sheikah

70. how big is Mokong's TV? 60 inches!!!! Seriously. Sheesh. Eddage 1 point

71. Ashley just took over from N-E from Tphi, but who did Tphi take the reins from? 1 point to oddy

72. Who gets their guts ripped out through the pub window in Shaun of the Dead? Character and actor name. - David portrayed by Dylan Moran - 1 point Sparko

74. What do you call a knife mixed with a spoon mixed with a fork? a venn diagram would've earned you 2 points but I'll take "sporf" for 1 point Sparko

75. Solve this chess question! (Provided by jayseven)

chessc.jpgBLACK to move (ignore the UI stuff around the queen) solved by EEVIL, 2 points

76. How many buttons are there on a Playstation 3 controller? List em. Sheikah got there in the end for 2 points

78. After you have seen him on the Bioshock 2 box art, which character from a totally different game can no longer be unseen? 2 points dannyboy

79. Make a youtube video especially for this quiz - no matter what the content as long as it's clear it's for this quiz - and post it here. - epic effort again - 2 more for Eenuh

80. What are pencils made of? - graphite (with a clay binder apparently) and wood - Moogle 2 points

82. Where might you find Marten, Dora and Faye hanging out together? they're from the Questionable Content webcomic, but "Coffee of Doom" was worth more points, well done moogle for 2

83. If I went back in time 5,000,000 seconds from Wednesday at 6pm, what day of the week would it be? - Monday - Maddog - 2 points

84. What type of apple is this? - braeburn 2 points sheikah

roighj.jpg

85. Do this sum by hand with a pen/pencil and paper using long multiplication (no calculators), take a picture of it and post it here. 45379457 x 99921 - nice one Gizmo - 3 points

86. Name the game again fuck yeah vectorman - Ville 2 points

dsfgvsd.gif

87. Name the film from this sound clip: - gmac 2 points

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

88. What's the fifth word in the thread with the ID 27858 charlie 2 points

89. Name eight things you could do with an elastic band. 1 point Dazz

90. How many spikes does sonic have on the front cover of Sonic 2 - eaaaasy, google images ftw :heh: - dannyboy-the-dane - 1 point

91. What is a UK size 4 shoe in the US? Moogleviper gets both M and F for 1 point each - Moogle 2 points

92. Which is the most common bat in the UK? won by the answer of question 7! - Nami - 1 point

94. What are Oxfam doing in across the country on the weekend of 23rd-24th October? OXJAM! - 2 points Ellmeister

95. What happens if you put a soft mint in a bottle of diet coke? it foams up, I was going to give 3 points if anyone answered with "WOOOSH!" or something to that effect - EEVIL - 1 point

96. What colour eyes does a Red Eyed Tree Frog have? - yep, they're just red (with black pupils but meh!) - 2 to Dazz

97. Does Brandon Routh's surname rhyme with mouth or booth? easily googleable, but an extra point for the video evidence - ReZ - 1 point

98. What's this? - Saba, yep, the white ranger's sword. you geek! - Retro_Link - 2 points

92969337.jpg

99. Draw a picture of yourself and post it here. Artistic skill not required. - 2 points Eddage

100. How many months have 30 days? - Cube - 1 point

Edited by Shorty

15. Ginger_Chris. Christ_The_Great. CubeChris. Shorty!

Edited by Shorty

All right so far. Flink! Don't post that :heh: And I'll let you off on "Christ" the great.

All right so far. Flink! Don't post that :heh: And I'll let you off on "Christ" the great.

Oh hahahaha. I didn't notice I did that.

Haha. Shit. Christ the Great. Well, we were good friends. He was Godlike.

I edited the OP because it was black's move, not white's (my fault).

After quickly answering (no idea why I felt the need, with so many questions :P) I scrolled down and saw how many I could've answered. I hope we get the questions re-opened a few times just so that people attempt some of teh tricky but oh-so good questions. I fancied myself for that three-pointer!

100. 11 months.

Edit: Sorry, so overwhelmed with questions that I missed the bold.

Edited by Cube
Automerged Doublepost

People! Read the rules - answer one question unless told otherwise.

I've edited a couple of posts that attempted moar.

Maddog; rules state that you cannot guess again 'til you've been told that you are wrong by the quizmaster.