NEurope
Shorty

The Official N-E Quiz 100 Question Special (Scores Updated)

69. I found this out by pure fluke:

Phil/Philip = Happenstance's name

Not sure if he's classed as a mod but I'll go with Dan Dare (Dan T Phillips). If there is someone else official with the surname Philip/Philips then I'm just really unlucky. :p

Ton Phillips, the recently departed head honcho, surely?

Nah the Dan Dare one's right, although it was a bit of a stretch :heh: They both have the same surname, but Tphi was an admin never a mod.

It's not a Cox though!

Edited by Shorty

Ton Phillips, the recently departed head honcho, surely?

I typed that initally, then realised he wasn't a moderator and that I could have sworn I had Dan T Philips on MSN once.

84. Braeburn.

And for a treat here's the exact image!

Braeburn-Dry.jpg

Edited by Sheikah
Automerged Doublepost

I'll explain my thinking behind my answer to 5 later.

13. x= -2 or -1/3

Want the maths to go with it? Scanning ftl, but if you need it done...

EDIT: Fuck scanning, phone cameras ftw. 'Pologies for my awful, dyspraxic handwriting.

IMAG0661.jpg

Edited by The fish

Ah. Sincere apologies. It is meant to be squared. Originally I had it in superscript but that was seemingly lost during various acts of copy+paste from here to my notes and back again. You can both have two points because, in a sense, you both solved separate questions fully.

That's very generous. Thanks. :) Do the N-E boards even support superscript, though?

The fish: Technically, I still answered in the wanted format. Many of these questions have trick answers. But I see your point. It's up to Shorty.

No they don't - there's a character for it though, which I will use in the future: ²

Sheikah and Fish, correct.

I was curious about number 81 (not that I'm allowed to answer) and googled "Climax sworn obstinacy". This thread is the first result.

73. No real idea, but I see faces on the fruit (in blue). =P

64434163-1.jpg

77. Red Duck: 1500

Ha, nice try :heh: The awesome thing was: that picture is actually a still life painting.

Will tally up final marks tonight hopefully :)

How do British keyboards look? Because on Danish keyboards, "djptyz" translates to "short<", not "shorty".

Hmm yeah for me it becomes shortu

77. How many points is a red duck worth on round 3 on Duck Hunt (NES, not arcade)

Rise Against, Flobots and Anti-Flag, could've easily been found out through the forum's advanced search! - duex point

Oh man that must get you the high score.

How do British keyboards look? Because on Danish keyboards, "djptyz" translates to "short<", not "shorty".

I get "short\".

Ok so I messed up that shorty one, but you don't get any points for that because I know none of you even thought to try that out before I explained it :heh:

still annoys me that this was locked 30 mins before I signed in for that day -- I knew the anagram one (3 pts!!1!) and the gamerscore.

BUT! The effort you went through to do the quiz and mark 'em was no small feat. Was great fun :)

On the last round I opened it for a further 24 hours and nobody (or maybe one person) answered a question so bleh.

Ok so I messed up that shorty one, but you don't get any points for that because I know none of you even thought to try that out before I explained it :heh:

Actually, I did figure it out, but due to the mistake I went for one of the safe choices.

Likewise, it sucked missing out on this but it was nobody's fault but mine. Are ye gonna be running another? :D

I believe Cube has offered to subject himself to the masochistic ritual of a further round. I shall enquire with him about it.

I believe Cube has offered to subject himself to the masochistic ritual of a further round. I shall enquire with him about it.

I'll get on it. I was expecting a certain Sheffielder to have a turn before me.