Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nightclubs are sucky

Paj!

To make a massively sweeping heteronormative generalisation, it seems to me that girls go to clubs because they like to dance, and guys go to clubs to get girls. So this makes this a bit awkward for both sexes really. I imagine clubbing is more fun if you like both dancing and hooking up with randomers, but I'm interested in neither.

I reckon that's just about true too although obviously there are some dudes who actually like dancing. I used to hate it but it's grown a but on me now and I have some pretty sweet moves these days. Although if there weren't any girls on the dancefloor I sure as hell wouldn't be there!

Having said that, one of the best nights I've had out was when the place was absolutely dead but there was a group of about 10 of us, guys and girls, all in a big group on the dancefloor together "givin' it yaldy". Had a great time just dancing, mucking around together not caring what anyone else thinks about at all.

Probably the best night of my life was on holiday in Zante last year in a club called Cherry Bay which played cheesy music. All 10 of us were there, absolutely steaming. We spent the entire night just dancing in a big group, doing the stupidest things, getting the DJ to give us shout outs, barn dancing to Cotton Eyed Joe. We could tell that the majority of people in the place were loving us because we were clearly having such a good time and didn't care what anyone else thought we were doing.

but i cant say i ever wash my wang after weeing... am i missing a trick here? and cant say that i ever see any other gents at sinks washing their wangs either?

I'm sure there's some hilarious joke I could write here about this but I really can't think of it at the moment. Think of this as a placeholder in case anything comes to me during the day.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame Sheikah for not wanting you to know the name of his ladylove. *looks at your sig*

Yeah toilet people piss me off. Particularly as I'm likely to visit the bathroom more than once, do they want a tip every time? I just do it all myself, I don't need help turning a tap on thanks. Perhaps I'd be more willing if they were also cleaning the loos but sometimes they've been in a state and they're just stood there, as someone said earlier, shouting about "pusspuss!"

In the toilets in Reflex the guys shouts...

"Freshen Up Freshen Up"

"You touch it, You wash it"

now this doesnt make much sense to me.... you touch it i assume he means you touch your wang, then he emplys that you wash it...

but i cant say i ever wash my wang after weeing... am i missing a trick here? and cant say that i ever see any other gents at sinks washing their wangs either?

Maybe the its aren't coreferential, so it's more like:

"You touch it (your penis), you wash it (your hands/self)"

Although of course the coreferential interpretation is way more likely for a native english speaker. More importantly though, does anyone (male) wipe after weeing? Perhaps this deserves a thread. :heh:

It's really not classy...

My experience of them is that they stand in front of the dryers, with a big bin bag full of crap, a bowl near the sink to put money in and a collection of aftershave that they refer to as "scent for the pussy".

We get them here. Normally they're very cliché "No splash no gash"

Yuk... I hate those kind of phrases...

EVIL usually comes out with that sort of crap.

He could be quite good at that job.

It's really not classy...

My experience of them is that they stand in front of the dryers, with a big bin bag full of crap, a bowl near the sink to put money in and a collection of aftershave that they refer to as "scent for the pussy".

Imagine it being said with either a jamaican or an african accent then you have the "mainstream" Bournemouth clubs

I think I've only really come out with two rhyming bullshit like that. I'm crediting the recently use 'He who is fussy' to my brother. Which I feel is a process he himself adopts.

I tried, they said I wasn't black enough.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Okay, I went into Edinburgh last night to a night club called "The Hive", and it made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. In my home town there is one nightclub and all they play is chart rubbish. At Hive last night, they played both of my favourite songs ever - Hysteria by Muse and Sic Transit Gloria by Brand New. Hearing Brand New in a nightclub just made me so happy, it restored my faith in the human race a little.

Okay, I went into Edinburgh last night to a night club called "The Hive", and it made me all warm and fuzzy on the inside. In my home town there is one nightclub and all they play is chart rubbish. At Hive last night, they played both of my favourite songs ever - Hysteria by Muse and Sic Transit Gloria by Brand New. Hearing Brand New in a nightclub just made me so happy, it restored my faith in the human race a little.

Hive is my college's place. It's generally full of good intentions and people without pretension. And cheap drinks. And a good mix of music genres.

However, I've been to more of the George St. upmarket ones recently, and even though this thread is based on how much I hated one of them, they do make Hive look like a shithole. The toilets in Hive have no lock of them/barely a door. Which makes no sense to me. And it is rather grubby.

Yeah to be fair the toilets weren't great. And a guy tried to punch me after I had been there about 30mins, because he I was slagging off my mate and he thought I was talking about him. But the bouncer then tackled him and chucked him out. But to me, as someone whos only ever been to clubs playing chart music, hearing Brand New on the dancefloor just blew my mind. I mean in my town, the only people that have heard of Brand New are the people I introduced to them.

Brand New to me are like Tori Amos to you :laughing:

And then it was generally just a good time - plenty of places to sit, cheap drinks as you say (£2 for a shot of Absinthe - it was awesome), and great people.

Paj!

Is that Katy Perry in your sig!?

From what I've read in the past few months on the forums I thought you had better taste :p

That's Superman...:blank:

Unless you mean my Last.fm little music box thing. Then yes. :P California Gurls has got better every time I hear it, I mentioned it in the Katy thread. That said, I can only listen to the MSTRKRFT remix, since the beats in the original are crap.

Ha clubs are funny if you go in with the right mood.

there are ones with live bands and some that play decent music. We have those clubs that you go to if you want something quiet and others you just want to get shit faced in and nobody could care less around you.

There's nothing like going out really, College days are great :)

When I hear Tori Amos in a club, I'll eat my hat.

]

I'd do the same, that's the only song that has a chance.

Personally I fucking love when they play cheesy energetic 80s hits. You can't go wrong. Makes me dance like a maniac haha :)

There are some good alternative clubs in Bournemouth, and I don't mean the full on rock club. I'm talking about cool ones that play decent music.

Stay away from the chavvy ones and you're fine, but even then, they're sometimes good.

It's not where you are, it's who you're with...

...and how wasted you are

Oh, you young 'uns :P Brand New's Sic Transit Gloria was played a lot a few years ago in your alt-clubs. I've heard Degausser and Not The Sun at Corp in Sheffield -- when you hear mewithoutYou it's time to feast on caps - Heard January 1979 in The Pit (Geurilla Rocks, Brighton) just as I was making my way to request Wolf Am I! - epic moment.

Also heard HORSE the band's Cutsman played at Camel club in huddersfield. Seminal moments that made my life.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!