N-Europe

Desert island, top five most memorable breakups

dan-likes-trees

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I heard, yeah. Funny thing is I don't see him about these days- we've totally drifted apart so, you know, totally worth it.

As for me and her now...yeah. Trying to sort it out, I suppose. Kind of complicated, though. Yup.

I'd go for it then if you haven't spoken in ages. Keep us posted! :)

Good luck!

The only thing more pathetic than that is that you see it as something to boast about.

Are you religious or do you just not get fucking laid??

seriously everythread that i've posted in regarding sexual activites you've quoted me in disgust.

I was a fucking kid, and fortunatly enough a kid that knew what to do with his dick other than jerk off to milfhunter.com

yeah i cheated on a few girls in my time, but i've also been cheated on by them too.... swings and roundabouts and all that jazz.

like i said it was when i was younger, I'm now very settled down with my girlfriend.

On the contrary, having sex is usually a sign that you're not a kid anymore. Or at least not a child.

Cheating is disgusting. It causes pain that is simply not worth it. To justify it because others have done it to you (even though you clearly act like a chauvinist ass so I can understand why someone would do that to you) is wrong. To boast about it shows your immaturity, which is why I find it strange that you're saying you're not a kid anymore. Notice that I received thanks in my post and people agreeing in the post below. It's not just me that thinks your behaviour is wrong.

And please don't use the term 'laid'. It makes you sound like a yokel.

On the contrary, having sex is usually a sign that you're not a kid anymore. Or at least not a child.

Cheating is disgusting. It causes pain that is simply not worth it. To justify it because others have done it to you (even though you clearly act like a chauvinist ass so I can understand why someone would do that to you) is wrong. To boast about it shows your immaturity, which is why I find it strange that you're saying you're not a kid anymore. Notice that I received thanks in my post and people agreeing in the post below. It's not just me that thinks your behaviour is wrong.

I Concur with you, yes... cheating is disgusting, it does cause pain, It's simply not worth it, but it has happened to me, and yes i've done it to someone else.

My actions were that of someone who wasnt thinking right, the relationship was over anyway as far as we were both concerned and there was no teary eyed emotional breakup, just a standard agreement from the both of us that it wasnt what we thought, And within days i was with the girl who i had cheated with.

You know nothing about me other than what i disclose on this forum, and thats what pisses me off the most about you to be honest. I'm not a bad guy, I'm not an Ass despite what you make of my 'forum persona'

I'm sure you'd tell me that you're not a complete arrogant, smug ass but your forum manner screams it to me!

I've only ever had, like, a couple of break-ups. When I was in year... 8? I was 'dating' this girl. Essentially in a science lesson she was telling me and my mate about how her 'boyfriend' didn't like her and I said "I like you". She was all shocked, and the next day before school she had written me a letter saying she liked me too and would like me to be her boy. It had a popeye and olive envelope.

Two days later before school her friend came up to be before school and said "you're d-d-d-dumped" and that was it! Didn't even get to go to the cinema for a proper date. Didn't even kiss.

She's a lesbian now. I feel that is some sort of victory.

And sheikah; really? it may make him sound a little alpha male but your reaction really does just reek of "I need more sex because that cool shit never happens to me", even though I'm sure that's not true at all! Well. not completely sure. I just think you're really making an argument out of nothing because of what some dude did to some chick years ago when, I'm sure, they were New To All This and were in the process of making The Mistakes You Regret But Actually Kinda Shape You. While it is not to be encouraged, it is hardly something to shun someone for, just because it reminds you of That WHOOOOOOORE - or at least the thought of her having sex with someone else, or just sexual thoughts of someone else, while and/or after being with you is like a barbed lance that pierces every morsel of your heart, and though you do hope that she dies in several ways at once your vengeful feelings are somehow superior to his astutely mature view, and incredibly common amongst all adults, that "my sex is better than theirs".

Or maybe, y'know, I'm just assuming things or whatever.

I WANNA HEAR MORE BREAKUP STORIES.

Your turn, nando. I've seen you, eyeing up that self-harm thread. Get in here and theraputerizathon!

There was this one girl who I wasn't together with for very long (about a month or two), who dumped me and then got back with me a few days later. As I was rather stupid about this situation, I let this happen about 7 or 8 times (her dumping me then wanting it back).

So one of my friends (whom I suspected my on/off "girlfriend" liked) asked her out, she said yes. Then my friend dumped her. This was all in front of me.

I suddenly realised that she was a complete bitch and we haven't spoken since (well, she added me on Facebook, but that hardly counts).

Your turn, nando. I've seen you, eyeing up that self-harm thread. Get in here and theraputerizathon!

..um.. I was only reading what everyone else had to say.. honest :o

I only really have the one break-up 'story' but I won't be sharing it with you guys.. particularly today, of all days :hmm:

And sheikah; really? it may make him sound a little alpha male but your reaction really does just reek of "I need more sex because that cool shit never happens to me", even though I'm sure that's not true at all! Well. not completely sure.

Ohh god please don't ever take up the role of psychiatrist. That couldn't be further from the truth. :p

The problem here, and the problem that I'm not the only one to notice, is that no matter how he says he used to be he nonetheless boasted about it here and treated it as fairly trivial.

I don't think that's the folly of youth. Having a blowjob from someone while talking to your girlfriend on MSN? That's just trashy and vile. And cheating isn't just hurtful it's incredibly irresponsible. I don't want an STD.

Edited by Sheikah

Ohh god please don't ever take up the role of psychiatrist. That couldn't be further from the truth. :p

The problem here, and the problem that I'm not the only one to notice, is that no matter how he says he used to be he nonetheless boasted about here and treated it as fairly trivial.

I don't think that's the folly of youth. Having a blowjob from someone while talking to your girlfriend on MSN? That's just trashy and vile.

By anychance have you watched Big Brother this year.... Josie... yeah well she's from the same town in Bristol as me (Yate)

evidence enough? ;)

I Admit... it's trashy, but its something that i've done and dont have a problem re-telling be it taken as if im boasting or just telling it as it is.

I'm not a scummy person

I have to be honest here and say I didn't think Murr was boasting. I didn't read that as if he was boasting or anything anyway, he was just saying what happened. He weren't exactly going "I got a blowie from another girl...WHILE TALKING TO MY GIRLFRIEND ON MSN! MANLY HIGH-FIVES AND BEERS ALL AROUND!"

It's not nice being cheated on, I agree, but sex is about exploring your body and things like that and it's normal for kids/teenagers to experiment with sex. It doesn't suddenly make you mature or change your attitude just because you had sex, your behaviour and who you are is the same except for you've had sex, there's nothing much different. Sure it can change some people but I would say the majority of people who have done it are the same. I'm exactly the same person as I was before I had sex so I know that it hasn't changed me in any way.

By anychance have you watched Big Brother this year.... Josie... yeah well she's from the same town in Bristol as me (Yate)

evidence enough? ;)

I Admit... it's trashy, but its something that i've done and dont have a problem re-telling be it taken as if im boasting or just telling it as it is.

I'm not a scummy person

She used to work where I work now (before I was there).

I don't really have anything else to add...

[/pointlesspostoftheday]

Then why even post it? If you weren't proud of it you'd hardly share it with everyone. "It was always on the cards" implies he was always going to do it anyway, literally stripping any chance of remorse from his words.

And by 'not a kid' I mean child, because typically by the time you're having sex you are at least at an age where you understand cause and effect and appreciate the feelings of others. "I was a kid" is such a fucking excuse. There's no excuse really.

Some may see my feelings on cheating as harsh but then I see their view as actually pretty bizarre myself. It is one of the most mentally destructive things a person can do to another, and brings in other factors such as STDs and complete changes in routine. Pretty devastating shish.

Edited by Sheikah

Then why even post it? If you weren't proud of it you'd hardly share it with everyone. "It was always on the cards" implies he was always going to do it anyway, literally stripping any chance of remorse from his words.

And by 'not a kid' I mean child, because typically by the time you're having sex you are at least at an age where you understand cause and effect and appreciate the feelings of others. "I was a kid" is such a fucking excuse. There's no excuse really.

Some may see my feelings on cheating as harsh but then I see their view as actually pretty bizarre myself. It is one of the most mentally destructive things a person can do to another, and brings in other factors such as STDs and complete changes in routine. Pretty devastating shish.

Some people are actually honest and straightforward on here and he may feel like he can say something like this but not necessarily in real life (that probably didn't make sense but I hope you get what I mean, haha). I mean, there's been a masturbation thread on here! I know that none of my friends wouldn't have a discussion about knocking one off but I know they'd discuss about their sex lives and the like, which is what Murr was simply doing. When he said "It was always on the cards", I simply thought he meant him and that girl getting together, not on the cards as in he would always get a blowjob off her (I might have read that wrong but I'm just saying how I read it).

Also, more than likely, people have sex in their teenage years because that's the time for experience and most of the time, they do it just so they don't get stuck with the label 'virgin' (which I do find ridiculous by the way). Half of the kids in my year were at it like rabbits at the age of 14 to 15 and they aren't anywhere near mature, some of them still aren't. They didn't think about feelings or appreciating it either, they just simply wanted a shag. Also, when you're younger, you're more bound to make mistakes and there are actually people out there who think of nothing but one thing and that nothing else matters as long as they get it.

I see cheating as something unforgivable and there are people out there that say "Once a cheat, always a cheat" and while that may be true to some people, it's not to everybody. But it's something that could have possibly shaped him into being a better human being and he might have learned from his mistakes like some people do.

Edited by Animal

I agree very much with Dazz here, I read nothing boastful in Murr's post. "Then why even post it?" doesn't hold water here - it's a thread about this sort of stuff. I actually admire Murr's ability to come forward and stand by it. Admit that he did something nasty, but that he has moved on since then. Where would we be if we couldn't admit our faults and improve as human beings?

I agree very much with Dazz here, I read nothing boastful in Murr's post. "Then why even post it?" doesn't hold water here - it's a thread about this sort of stuff. I actually admire Murr's ability to come forward and stand by it. Admit that he did something nasty, but that he has moved on since then. Where would we be if we couldn't admit our faults and improve as human beings?

To be quite honest, I actually admire Murr for having the balls to post something like that on here, knowing that some people may judge him as a person based on what he posted. Yes it was a horrid thing to do but at least he was honest and that takes guts to admit he did wrong and he's not like that no more. So I say well done to you, Murr (not for doing what you did but for admitting it here, lmao), it just shows nobody's perfect.

Edited by Animal

Some people are actually honest and straightforward on here and he may feel like he can say something like this but not necessarily in real life (that probably didn't make sense but I hope you get what I mean, haha). I mean, there's been a masturbation thread on here! I know that none of my friends wouldn't have a discussion about knocking one off but I know they'd discuss about their sex lives and the like, which is what Murr was simply doing. When he said "It was always on the cards", I simply thought he meant him and that girl getting together, not on the cards as in he would always get a blowjob off her (I might have read that wrong but I'm just saying how I read it).

Also, more than likely, people have sex in their teenage years because that's the time for experience and most of the time, they do it just so they don't get stuck with the label 'virgin' (which I do find ridiculous by the way). Half of the kids in my year were at it like rabbits at the age of 14 to 15 and they aren't anywhere near mature, some of them still aren't. They didn't think about feelings or appreciating it either, they just simply wanted a shag. Also, when you're younger, you're more bound to make mistakes and there are actually people out there who think of nothing but one thing and that nothing else matters as long as they get it.

I see cheating as something unforgivable and there are people out there that say "Once a cheat, always a cheat" and while that may be true to some people, it's not to everybody. But it's something that could have possibly shaped him into being a better human being and he might have learned from his mistakes like some people do.

It's reading something like this that makes me appreciate I was never a moron. :p

I've always cared about and understood people's feelings and would never have done these things, whether I was 14 or 20. I actually think the people that do these things know that they're hurting people, but they're selfish and believe that being young permits them to act that way. But that's just me. Self-restraint from things you know would probably hurt others despite giving you a thrill ftw.

Edit: Does anyone else find a post that I did further up (http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1194271&postcount=29) says "Thanks From:" but then is blank?

It's reading something like this that makes me appreciate I was never a moron. :p

I've always cared about and understood people's feelings and would never have done these things, whether I was 14 or 20. I actually think the people that do these things know that they're hurting people, but they're selfish and believe that being young permits them to act that way. But that's just me. Self-restraint from things you know would probably hurt others despite giving you a thrill ftw.

Edit: Does anyone else find a post that I did further up (http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1194271&postcount=29) says "Thanks From:" but then is blank?

I don't know whether that was a dig at me or not because of what I posted but it could be me reading it wrong...I might be reading it wrong...

Anyways, we're all different. I've done nothing but care for people since I was very young and I still do and so I wouldn't dream of doing anything like that but what I'm saying is, not everybody is like us and they genuinely don't give a crap about hurting people and sometimes, some people don't know how much they hurt them. We're all very different people, he probably didn't think about the effect it would have on her until he wised up. If he did think about her, he wouldn't have been talking to her at the same time so I don't think he was actually thinking of her feelings but that's just what I gathered from reading that. But by the sounds of it now, he's moved on and he's learned it was something horrible.

Also, yeah, same came up for me about the "Thanks from" thing.

Edited by Animal

So Murr admitting he did something nasty, yet having improved as a human being is not redeeming in any way? "Once a bad guy, always a bad guy"? Few people are perfect from the get-go. We improve as human beings through trial and error. Your viewpoint seems a bit narrow to me.

Yes, I get the blank "thanks" as well.

I've always cared about and understood people's feelings

That's just trashy and vile.

you're a bastard.

Words hurt people's feelings too...

Edited by Ashley

So Murr admitting he did something nasty, yet having improved as a human being is not redeeming in any way? "Once a bad guy, always a bad guy"? Few people are perfect from the get-go. We improve as human beings through trial and error. Your viewpoint seems a bit narrow to me.

Yes, I get the blank "thanks" as well.

Nope, it means that I believe people do know right from wrong at 14 (although I have a suspicion he was probably older than that) so it still isn't really an excuse. I believe that the things we do in life, even from youth, define us. Don't get me wrong, people can change, but you have to ask yourself; how often do people change? Not often, my verdict.

I often hear phrases like 'you learn from your mistakes'. But I don't believe that's always a good thing. Often you just learn that you're a bastard :p.

Oh and Dazz, I wasn't having a go at you. I meant the people you were referring to in your post.