N-Europe

Recommend me some TV, thinking X Files?

Caris

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch Arrested Development and it'll feel like you've watched the best of what the "comedy genre" can offer, and you never need to watch anything else classed as "comedy" again.

This man disagrees.

curb.jpg

Also serious suggestion watch BREAKING BAD.

breaking_bad_promo_poster.jpg

How does a man in his pants holding a gun in the middle of a desert not entice you?

I'm going to guess that you've watched Battlestar Galactica, otherwise you wouldn't need to be here asking this question - it's one of those shows where watching it should be required by law.

I often wonder if watching BSG was a legal requirement would we have the Tories in power at the moment.

Also serious suggestion watch BREAKING BAD.

How does a man in his pants holding a gun in the middle of a desert not entice you?

I just can't get with BB. Half way through the pilot I found myself hating the main character. And not even a good hate (I hate Bill Hendrickson but find the story compelling), pure loathing.

Ok you're probs going to watch X-files but give Nip/Tuck a go. Brilliant storylines (esp the first 3 seasons) and some great characters, no wonder it's won so many awards. Currently on season 4 finale and adoring it, the show never disappoints *touches wood*

It gets a bit daft as it goes along but as long as you stop expecting anything too good and just appreciate it for the sex-fuelled hedonistic show it is then it's fine. Plus it has Kimber Henry, one of my favourite television characters ever.

If you want some entertaining but slightly cheesy shows then you can check out Castle, Human Target and Warehouse 13.

Try Fringe

Season 1 was great. Season 2 was essentially 5 episodes long with loads and loads of filler. The whole "urgency" about the things happening from the end of season one just completely collapsed.

It's the best thing currently being produced by human enterprise.

It's also being shown again, from the very start, starting tonight on BBC at half 10 or something. Gonna start watching.

Also bought myself Breaking Bad s1 the other day, shall check it awt.

Also: BSG and The Wire, obviously

It gets a bit daft as it goes along but as long as you stop expecting anything too good and just appreciate it for the sex-fuelled hedonistic show it is then it's fine. Plus it has Kimber Henry, one of my favourite television characters ever.

Having watched seasons 1-4 over the last few weeks I've realised there is actually a lot less sex in there than I realised. Quite disappointed actually :heh: It calms down a lot after the first season though. Season 2 and 3 were brilliant, with 'The Carver' storyline.

Kimber. My god <3

Having watched seasons 1-4 over the last few weeks I've realised there is actually a lot less sex in there than I realised. Quite disappointed actually :heh: It calms down a lot after the first season though. Season 2 and 3 were brilliant, with 'The Carver' storyline.

Kimber. My god <3

I do like how it is an exploration of pretty much every type of sexuality though (including, in later seasons, asphyxi-wanking and object sexuality!)

I'm not actually aware as a lot of them seem to be going for midseason. (oh wait I just read that as comedies...although I can't think of any new dramas I want to watch either)

Check out http://www.thefutoncritic.com/ as they're a good resource. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/fall-2010-grid/ specifically, new shows have an * (not to be confused with shows that are moving, which have two **s).

Oh! Running Wilde. I'll check that out. Mitch Hurwitz + Will Arnett + David Cross.

Edited by Ashley

Just thought of a show I forgot to mention: Californication. One of my favourites of recent times, it follows the misadventures of burnt out writer Hank Moody as he tries to bring his family back together, his efforts hamstrung by a tendency to sleep with pretty much anything that moves. Genuinely hilarious, both in its situations and excellent dialogue.

In ties in with the X-Files by being the best thing David Duchovny has starred in since.