NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

Haven’t seen any trailer / teaser.. But I wasn’t at all interested in the last few Spider-man films. Normally reboots don’t get me excited right away (usually the opposite), however this time it actually got me interested, as I’m liking the people involved so far.

I'm liking that they will be focusing on the hole that his parents leave in his life. I always liked the way the Ultimate version dealt with that.

The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Set For May 2014 Release

Although The Amazing Spider-Man doesn’t open for another 11 months, Sony is wasting no time in setting a date for the sequel to director Marc Webb’s franchise reboot. The studio, which put screenwriter James Vanderbilt to work on the script in March, announced this morning that the follow-up will open on May 2, 2014, kicking off the summer movie season.

The first movie, which hits theaters on July 3, 2012, stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen, Sally Field, Irrfan Khan, Denis Leary, Chris Zylka, Campbell Scott, C. Thomas Howell, Julianne Nicholson and Annie Parisse.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2011/08/05/the-amazing-spider-man-sequel-set-for-may-2014-release/

I'm bored.

But could be stunning if done properly. Lizard as a character always had a certain pathos/he had a bit more drive and characterisation than most 'I'M AN ANIMAL/HUMAN HYBRID!" villains.

Yeah they really have to give him clothes... just the coat would do.

At the moment that particular concept looks like the design mistake I thought they made with Venom... too much of a human form painted black.

Actually is this concept art new/real?

I can't help feeling I've seen in before either in relation to previous Spidey speculation or previous Batman films speculation?

hrtheamazingspiderman21.jpg

"That's been told!"

"And everybody knows!"

"... stop typing!"

Edited by Retro_Link

So it seems the Lizard won't be wearing clothes... I think.

Spiderman's suit seems way off though, the texture looks horrible.

I watched the trailer and think maybe I should now start a blackout on info/news for this film..

also, slightly off topic, I only just found out that they killed off Peter Parker in the Ultimate comics and have a new Spider-man. *shocked*

But at least they did it in Ultimate which I never considered the proper cannon anyway.

I liked the new trailer, seems better than I was expecting it to be!

Does very much seem to have that darker vibe that a lot of films in recent years have been going for. (Which has normally worked out for the better imo)

But at least they did it in Ultimate which I never considered the proper cannon anyway.

It's not the 'proper' canon, it's its own canon, its own universe. And it's actually making for a pretty good story. A series which, IMO only got stale once in a hundred or so issues, has managed to refresh things yet again just when they were getting samey. Miles has fit into the role very well, too.

Speaking of Ultimate, looks from the trailer that they might be taking a leaf from their book, in having Spidey figure out a formula thanks to his powers.

It's not the 'proper' canon, it's its own canon, its own universe.

Yeah that's what I meant, it's own sepereate cannon... and I'm only interested in the original arcs.... though that Brand New Day crap they did with Spiderman did piss me off a bit

I think since Ultimate Spider-Man was launched its pretty much been the better of the two. Amazing Spider-Man has had some good arcs but nothing like the consistency that USM had.