NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

If Tobey Maguire was too much of an emotional meek-ling, Andrew Garfield (at least in that pic) is far too much of a bullying jock who decided to put glasses on.

That's not Connors, that's the Hulk! LOOK HIS HAND IS GOING GREENY!

Plus Andrew Garfield still looks like a complete tool.

spideynewnycpicsset1.jpg

Tight trousers, rolled up at the bottom AND the wrong socks?! they're going all out.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Or he could just be in a flashback or something.

Either way this fell off my radar already :/

Ben Parker?

So that's pretty much a confirmation they'll bee doing the origin again.

You? Taking something at face value? Get away...

Or he could just be in a flashback or something.

Even so it still means boringness wasted on origin "snippets"

Even so it still means boringness wasted on origin "snippets"

Well, to be fair, Spider-Man's origin shaped him and has stuck with him ever since. "With great power comes great responsibility."

You? Taking something at face value? Get away...

It's fiction, the same as US government press releases, it's just not pretending to be otherwise.

I wouldn't mind if Uncle Ben appeared in a flashback sequence, like in a narration at the start. As Dannyboy said, it is an event that has defined Spiderman, so it would be odd to have no mention of it at all. But it they are doing the whole origin story again as being the main focus of the film them I'll be disappointed

Mr Sheen himself...

I’m not in any of the scenes where he’s Spider-man. He’s still a little boy. He’s a teenager when it starts. I’m a surrogate father really, I’m his uncle. And so all of our scenes are just like you and I talking now. I’m dealing with this adolescent who is having problems with changes, with hormones changing and his getting out of hand. I have to give him the marching orders and so forth. It’s all very normal. And the guy playing him is wonderful…

…He [Andrew Garfield] called me up and said he’d like to meet me and I said who are you and he said I’m playing your nephew. I said, you’re Spider-man! And we met for lunch and he was delightful. He just wanted to see who I was and whether I was open to changes, whether he could improvise with me. I was delighted and we had a wonderful time… I’ve never seen him in the uniform, I’ve never seen any of the stunts, any of the special effects, the green stuff. All my stuff is like normal acting and I don’t do anything with him otherwise. I’m dead in reel one y’know. I don’t do the end until I’m in New York. In April and May, that when I finish up with him. That’s where I get shot. There’s no special effects for me, that’s for the other characters.

Source - http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167235-martin-sheen-on-uncle-ben-in-the-amazing-spider-man

Rhys Ifans has once again been spotted on the set of The Amazing Spider-Man, this time with some scaly effects on his neck, further hinting that his transformation into the Lizard will be a gradual one...

It's unclear whether the Welsh actor was on his way to have further make-up effects applied (possibly adding some green to what Mail Online point out are scales on his neck) but along with the recent images of Ifans with Lizard make-up applied around his eyes, it would appear that his transformation into the classic villain will take place throughout the film.

article-1385466-0BFAE75100000578-774_468x596.jpg

article-1385466-0BFAE7B000000578-558_468x682.jpg

article-1385466-0BFB33E200000578-165_468x638.jpg

source - http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=36963

The person in the costume, however, does not.

Was going to say he looks like a total bell.

I hope we get some kind of trailer at Comic Con. While I think Spider-Man looks pretty good and its interesting that it seems to be less reliant on CGI like the other 3 were, im completely unconvinced with Peter Parker so far so I need something to convince me otherwise.

I personally think he looks brilliant. He looks JUST like an artist called Stefano Caselli's rendition of Peter, and I love Caselli, so....WIN.

Also there was a picture of a cop car from Total Recall somewhere. Just looked on AICN and not there, so unsure where I saw it. Oh...CBR probs...

oh. No. Sorz.

Watched the Social Network the other day. He was brilliant in that, I thought - it convinced me he'd make an epic Spidey.

In fairness if he looked like that Bell things would be a lot better :p

Cinema+Society+Nextbook+Host+Screening+Defiance+8RkrQ4GNkXdl.jpg

?

Another fine example of the amazing people produced by my secondary school.

Jamie Bell of Billy Elliot & King Kong.

Paul Smith of Maximo Park.

Mr_Odwin of the N-Europe Forums.

What a trio.