NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

Haven't we known that since the start? :heh:
Have we? I thought we were all hoping it would be covered in the titles, or a very brief scene of some kind, but just from that trailer it looks like it's all gonna be quite a lengthy process again.

Peter Parker seems to be OK. The Mirror's Edge style ending looks pants. The costume is still wrong, especially the eyes. After the first two Spider-Man films the third was a major disappointment. I really hope this re-boot doesn't turn out as lacklustre as it looks so far.

It looks to be focused on different aspects of the mythos/origin story/the powers, which is cool.

The mirror's edge bit looks like it was probably made for the trailer. Not sure if I like it or not tbh. Cool in the trailer.

Needs more Sally Field. :p

I think this looks really rather dull and totally humourless.

I too was hoping that the audience would be aware of Spider-man's origins and that this film would brush over them a little more casually but it looks like that's happening even later in the film than last time.

That's just my first thought. I don't really find trailers that exciting because "dark, gritty, moody" doesn't get me excited at all.

Yeah I also think we probably won't see the Mirrors Edge style scene in the final film, it look like the kind of thing to be made for a teaser trailer, with the Spidey costume reveal swinging in at the end.

To me, it has a very similar feel/tone to the previous films, which is a bit strange really... even the final design of the costume looks alot more similar than I first thought.

Still, the cast looks good. Just could have done with something to set it apart from the films beforehand, but maybe they just wanted to go with what worked?

A Spiderman like the 90's cartoons could have been really nice.

Damn it would be great if all the properties could be sorted out down the line and Spidey made his way into Avengers 3 or something! :p

Iron man flying through the streets of NYC, with Spidey swinging alongside FTW! :D

I am excited for this. :D

After the other rubbish Spiderman films, I'm up for this to be great!

Wasn't that excited but I like Emma Stone/Andrew Garfield and is directed by 500 days of summer guy.

Trailer looks cool. :grin:

After the other rubbish Spiderman films, I'm up for this to be great!

family-guy-woah-woah-woah-lois-this-is-not-my-batman-glass.png

The first and second weren't rubbish.

Yeah sorry, I meant I don't like them. :)

Well I don't like the first one really, ridiculous film.

I want to like it I've had the DVD since I was 12. Tried to watch it then didn't like it and I keep watching it hoping it will get better. I watched it just yesterday and I find it more amusing but its not serious in anyway. The Green Goblin is a joke villain.

It's a comedy.

Spiderman 2 is cool but I've only seen it once so don't remember it now. Him stopping a train was awesome and Dr Octopus is spinning.

Not seen Spiderman 3 because if I didn't enjoy the supposed good ones I doubt I'd like the actual rubbish one. :p

I'm not a fan so far, though liking Tobey Maguire's version could be influencing me. No one will be better! Seriously though I think it is looking very uninspired... "Do you know what you are?" etc just seems very cliché and standard. I also hate that he needs web shooters now instead of firing the web from his skin. It makes him dependent on the shooters and just makes him less awesome in every way. (I'm aware in the comics he needed web shooters but I liked it when he didn't).

Yeah I also think we probably won't see the Mirrors Edge style scene in the final film, it look like the kind of thing to be made for a teaser trailer, with the Spidey costume reveal swinging in at the end.

Considering it's entirely (not-film-quality) CGI, you're probably right.

I actually thought the rooftop running CG was pretty good. The hands/arms look very real to me. Much better than "Tobey Maguire" crawling around in his hoodie, anyway.

It made me want to play mirrors edge SO bad. I only have the demo.

The demo consists of all the good bits of the game.

It made me want to play mirrors edge SO bad. I only have the demo.
You can pick it up for about £2. I loved it.

What was that thing he pulled out of his neck in the trailer? Was it a web?

He has it growing out of his neck but can't shoot them?

So...what's the point of this reboot again??

Well if it wasn't around Bob wouldn't be able to stop Megabyte and Hexadecimal taking over Mainframe and causing chaos.

Well if it wasn't around Bob wouldn't be able to stop Megabyte and Hexadecimal taking over Mainframe and causing chaos.

I love you. I love you so much.