NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

I actually facepalmed in the cinema when that happened. Felt like something you'd expect to see in the Maguire Spiderman films and felt so out of place here. If he just threw the ball and it went really far that would have worked. Here he damanges a bloody goalpost and nobody on teh pitch or from teh school questions it :mad:
That scene was actually longer in one of the trailers and could have been worse; because in the trailer he bends the post and the coach says "Parker!... you wanna play football?" [or something] and Peter says "nah it's too dangerous [tongue in cheek]"

At least in the film version you can try and pretend as if no one saw it.

Terrible scene.

Wouldn't Peter's arm break before the ball?

I can't be bothered to work out the physics, but i'm fairly certain the ball would have to be moving at a fair old lick when it leaves his hand in order to do that much damage from that distance.

Finally saw the movie, didnt think it was that great unfortunately. I prefer the other Spider-Man movies.

Finally saw the movie, didnt think it was that great unfortunately. I prefer the other Spider-Man movies.

Why so, though?

I'll put it all in a spoiler tag

Didnt like the costume.

Thought the Lizard looked terrible.

Felt the story was a bit meh.

He got beaten up way too easily by normal thugs.

Thought the crane bit was stupid, what was stopping him swing to the Oscorp building the normal way.

Getting shot at the end seemed stupid when he could dodge shots previously in the movie much closer.

Linked to that last one, spider sense couldnt be that great.

The music didnt leave much of an impression on me, the previous movies did a great job getting you pumped up or making Spider-Man seem heroic, this one didnt.

The swinging never seemed that impressive, in the previous movies it was made to look awe inspiring.

Stupid complaint but I didnt really like the sound the web shooters made either.

I cant decide though what I thought of Andrew Garfield. On the one hand I thought he did a good job and had great chemistry with Emma Stone (who was very good as Gwen at least) but there were just moments during the movie where he annoyed me a bit, just small things like movements of his head or the way he said lines.

Im probably happy that Marc Webb may not come back for the sequel.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

I saw it (for free) yesterday.

Yeah that was poor movie. :p

The Bad Stuff:

I thought Andrew Garfield would have been better but he was too twitchy as a human being and man is he an ugly crier. So distracting.

I laughed a lot as there were some absolutely awful lines/awkward acting.

Every time The Lizard appeared it just ramped up the comical nature of the entire film.

Such a terrible villain/poorly designed. His overall plan was so lame and underdeveloped.

Any movie that advertises Bing, I'm out. Just no.

The Cop father is not the Mayor of Tokyo but it was obvious he was gonna die (and when he did it was lulz)

Dat crane scene, YES! You may as well it fits in with the rest of the nonsense. By the end I was just like yeah go for it.

I really thought it was gonna take a dark turn and kill that child in a blazing fire, that whole scene had a darker tone that I craved for in the rest of the movie and didn't really fit in.

The Good Stuff:

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy

The interactions between her and Peter Parker were cheeky.

Him having her as his background and getting called out as an intense perv. GO UNCLE BEN.

He felt much more like Peter Parker/Spiderman with his quick quips and chattiness whilst fighting.

The Lizard appearing in school/Fight scene. Solid work was done.

Stan Lee.

Web Shooters, web design I liked.

How he got his powers also much better grounded.

Discovering his powers were just well shot/thought out scenes.

The 3D was non existant.

:D

I dunno, as much as product placement is groan, it's better than the fake search engines/operating systems you normally see.

I think I'd prefer fake search engines over Bing.

Utterly random, pointless and barely-related fact: Windows XP appears in Firefly. It controls a bin.

Well, it did remind me a lot of the one that came out a few years back. And I'm now seeing endless reruns of that on TV. This one was pretty good though, watched it with my kids, so just entertainment.