NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

It's funny, because I don't remember fans making so much of a fuss about them going from web shooters to organic as they have about going back to web shooters.

Oh there was a lot if complaining over organic webshooters before the first movie, easily more than there is now.

Apologies if this picture has been posted already, I did skim through but didn't notice it.

48690.jpg

Recently re-watched spider-man 1 and 2 and I noticed that it's hard to see when Spidey's talking. In the comics it's not an issue but it loses something when it's on screen. Less expression coming across if you get what I mean.

I quite like that suit. The texture is pretty special, looks like you can reach into the screen and touch it. Plus you can see the muscle definition through it.

It definitely looks cool, but I can't shake the feeling they've gone a bit overboard with the complexity of the pattern on his arms. Deviating from the classic design is a great idea, but a little more simplicity would have suited it (pun intended).

Also, what's up with the non-webbed red parts on his boots? Look really out of place to me. :blank:

It definitely looks cool, but I can't shake the feeling they've gone a bit overboard with the complexity of the pattern on his arms. Deviating from the classic design is a great idea, but a little more simplicity would have suited it (pun intended).

I daresay they're adding a bit of 2099 in.

spiderman2099.jpg

Nothing screams reboot more than a futuristic inspired design.

It definitely looks cool, but I can't shake the feeling they've gone a bit overboard with the complexity of the pattern on his arms.

It's a "HD" costume design.

Just wondering how they will approach the non-organic webshooters.

Will this mean we'll have to go through the whole orgina story again?

I was hoping they'd just do that in a narration intro at the start but with using the web shooters they'll need a bit more than a narration to explain them.

Not really...everyone knew Spider-Man had webs/web-shooters of some description before the first movie came out. It's not like this colossal change the internet is making it out to be. :P

You can just show him briefly making up a new batch or something. Ta-da, explained.

But I mean for like the "general public" who may not know the comics and likely the previous 3 films are all they know of spidey?

You know teh studios likely think more about the masses than the fans afterall.

But I mean for like the "general public" who may not know the comics and likely the previous 3 films are all they know of spidey?

You know teh studios likely think more about the masses than the fans afterall.

This was the point i was trying to make on the other page. Even for myself i knew of spiderman but nothing about his origin before watching the films.

And so even now i know how he normally is it is a bit 'odd' for me to now see him with web shooters.

I will get over it.

If they do not try to explain it, your average viewer will not even notice/care.

So now we're getting sequels to superhero reboots. Don't act surprised -- you knew this was coming.

According to Heat Vision, Sony has hired James Vanderbilt to write the follow-up to the still-shooting The Amazing Spider-Man, which he also penned.

"Vanderbilt had a meeting with the Spider-Man filmmakers and studio execs yesterday outlining his take, getting a thumbs up, and will now begin writing," says the site. He worked on the Spider-Man 4 script before that project collapsed, at which point he segued into the reboot for Sony. "[Originally] he was chosen for his character-driven approach to the story rather than a focus on special effects and worked on an outline for a trio of films."

Though it was originally designed for Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 (and beyond), it would seem that trio has morphed into a reboot trilogy.

Vanderbilt has also penned Zodiac and The Losers, and recently did a polish on the Total Recall remake.

The Amazing Spider-Man is scheduled for a July 3, 2012 release.

Source - IGN.com

Less about Spiderman 2. More about Total Recall.

85422656.jpg

I would of posted the picture up without the paint edit work, but don't know if a 3 boobed women counted as nudity, therefore resulting in me being banned.... I don't want to be banned, that would make me sad!

85422656.jpg

I would of posted the picture up without the paint edit work, but don't know if a 3 boobed women counted as nudity, therefore resulting in me being banned.... I don't want to be banned, that would make me sad!

Only two of the boobs are real, so if you censor over them you can show the last one. :p

I don't want to be banned, that would make me sad!

Don't worry mate, if you come back under an assumed name and they end up liking you, they won't mind letting you back :p

Only two of the boobs are real, so if you censor over them you can show the last one. :p

But which one is the real one?

ed_imgSNN1725X_56397a.jpg

he was chosen for his character-driven approach to the story rather than a focus on special effects

Character-driven approach? Sure, of course there needs to be character, but Spider-Man is a superhero franchise, not a drama series.

Character-driven approach? Sure, of course there needs to be character, but Spider-Man is a superhero franchise, not a drama series.

You've obviously never read the comics, it's like a soap withe super powers.

You've obviously never read the comics, it's like a soap withe super powers.

I haven't no, and character drama is of course an important part of any superhero, but comics and films are different media. Comics can have longer and more elaborate storylines with a lot of character development, but a superhero film shouldn't sacrifice the visual pleasure of seeing superpowers in action for too much character drama.

We don't know anything about the film's plot yet, though, so I'm merely describing my own personal worst case scenario based on the comment he made.