N-Europe

Unlikely Dislikes

Diageo

And "cocky, arrogant and talentless" doesn't epitomise England how...?

Agreed.

She's supposed to be the perfect woman, personally I don't see it, but then I'm not a fan of orange or weird shaped cheek bones or even long hair.

She can't sing and that annoys me even more.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with EEVIL on Cheryl Cole/Tweedy.

She's supposedly England's sweetheart...she's a cocky, arrogant, talentless prick.

Her accent just runs through me in that Loréal advert she does. "With a healthy shoine" I'm surprised she didn't add "Guv'nor" on the end. Then there's the miming scandal when she was a (crap) judge on X Factor. I think it was her agent/publicist or something said something about the pressures of singing live. She made her career on a show like this singing live each week!

I hate it when CDs have two songs as one track. The new Maiden album has a 5-minute long intro then an awesome 4-minute long song. It's quite annoying to have to listen/skip through the first bit to get to the actual song. I think I may need to give it a clip in Audacity.

Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends was the worst - three tracks on the disc contained two songs. They weren't even linked either (i.e. there was a gap between the songs).

Something related: Ghost tracks with a whole friggin' minute of nothing first! Heck, long pauses of nothing at the beginning or end of tracks in general are annoying. I'd say 10-15 seconds are easily enough to separate a ghost track from the rest of the disc. And while we're on the topic - why even have ghost tracks? It seems so silly. If you want to give me a bonus track (which is in itself a strange idea), why not just smack it directly at the end of the album without telling me it's there? Why the pause?

The most annoying hidden-track-included songs on my iTunes:

Burger Queen - Placebo = 22 minutes

Something In The Way - Nirvana = 20 minutes

Four Horsemen of 2012 - Klaxons = 19 minutes

etc.

Just realised the longest single song (technically a suite) is MacArthur Park Suite by Donna Summer, at 17 minutes.

Just thought of another unlikely dislike.

Timesplitters 2

I'm a big fan of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the 64. Hearing about TS2 made my heart flutter. The more information that was given about the game, the more and more I became interested. A map maker? Fuck yeah!

I got the actual game, and found it so soul-less. There's no satisfaction over anything. You fire your weapon, and it may as well be a water-pistol. You don't get that sensation that you're pumping somebody full of lead. Now, with Goldeneye, you'd fire the PPK and you'd "feel" every bullet penetrating your enemy. In Perfect Dark, the shotgun was meaty as hell. In TS2, nothing.

The map maker was decent, but that was the only thing I ended up enjoying. I created levels that were fun to make, but were still a drag to play in. Not to mention, I really dislike the character animations and the way that they move in multiplayer. I don't hate many games, but I hate this one. :(

When places don't take certain cards, like netto just now, why on earth would you not accept a regular credit card?

Well except AmEx. Everyone hates AmEx right?

(I believe they cost more to accept so that's why some shops don't accept certain cards)

But they are a cheapo shop so...

In other news:

Superdry_Checked_Osaka_T_Shirt14_1_408.jpg31U8zgKghuL._AA300_.jpgSuperdry_Kyoto_8_T_shirt15_3_408.jpg9777_m.jpg

That's right. The "[random Japanese city] + [arbitrary number] shirt!" Half the fuckers probably have no idea where it is or why its on a shirt. The Okinawa one annoys me particularly, its nowhere near Tokyo! Its like having a shirt that says "Lerwick, London."

Edited by Ashley

I hate raw, whole tomatoes. I'm not sure why, the whole thing just seems wrong, particularly textually. It's like a little liquid balloon with a taut, thin skin with hard little seeds floating around an inconsistent jelly inside. It's just odd.

I also dislike Mel Gibson. Somewhat strongly.

Just thought of another unlikely dislike.

Timesplitters 2

I got the actual game, and found it so soul-less. There's no satisfaction over anything. You fire your weapon, and it may as well be a water-pistol. You don't get that sensation that you're pumping somebody full of lead. Now, with Goldeneye, you'd fire the PPK and you'd "feel" every bullet penetrating your enemy. In Perfect Dark, the shotgun was meaty as hell. In TS2, nothing.

..you know, I actually enjoyed Timesplitters 2 a lot when it came out but I haven't touched it in years :eek:

Having said that, the complaints you have with it I can completely understand because I have found them to be true of Timesplitters: Future Perfect, a game that I have no desire to play and would like to sell.. if someone was interested :indeed:

..you know, I actually enjoyed Timesplitters 2 a lot when it came out but I haven't touched it in years :eek:

Having said that, the complaints you have with it I can completely understand because I have found them to be true of Timesplitters: Future Perfect, a game that I have no desire to play and would like to sell.. if someone was interested :indeed:

Hehe, I went back to it a year or so back. I had a little multiplayer match with Jayseven when he was in Brighton. He was loving it, but I was less joyful. :heh:

I've never had the energy to try Future Perfect, pretty much because I would expect it to have a similar feel to TS2. I've gone off shooters anyway now.

Hehe, I went back to it a year or so back. I had a little multiplayer match with Jayseven when he was in Brighton. He was loving it, but I was less joyful. :heh:

I've never had the energy to try Future Perfect, pretty much because I would expect it to have a similar feel to TS2. I've gone off shooters anyway now.

tp: future perfect has a stronger single player but besides that if you didn't like ts2 you won't like 3.

Not been able to jump in it always bothered me. Even if you never used it :D

Plus I have never mad about the weapons.

but otherwise i love them. The single player mini-games in ts2 are genius :D

I really really hate wet towels. when I used to live at home my Mum used to think it was ok to just use a towel and leave it on the radiator to "dry out" for someone else to use, I think it's fucking rank and when you get out of the shower and you pick up a towel that is slightly damp, URGH IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY! :laughing:

I agree with EEVIL on Cheryl Cole/Tweedy.

She's supposedly England's sweetheart...she's a cocky, arrogant, talentless prick.

And Geordie. *shudders*

That said, I'd still do things illegal in various Southern and Midwestern States to her...

TS2 was one of the few games to ever give me motion sickness (or should I say, made me feel like I was about to throw up). It was the spiralling staircases. I used to just close my eyes and move the joystick.

Half Life 2 also did it, which I found out after years of waiting to play it :(

When someone asks you the same question twice in a row. Its insulting really. Example from tonight:

Supervisor: Are there no clear bin bags?

Me: Nope.

Supervisor: None at all?

No, there's THOUSANDS but I thought I'd say no before because I like wasting my time talking to you.