Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What can my non-sexual name be?

Frank

This. I have only been called Dannyboy once in my life, but I just took it up as my online name. Since it's a relatively common online name, I added "the Dane" ('cause that's what I am) and BOOM! Now I have a completely original online name.

For me, everybody called me Daz and I added the extra 'z' because my best mate spelt my name like that in a birthday card when I was 8 and I thought it looked cool. Now everybody spells my name like it and I love it (even spelling the word 'Daz' looks very odd to me, 'Dazz' looks better). Also, my nickname in secondary school was 'Dude' because I kept on calling people 'dude' so I fused the two together and now I am known as DudeDazz on the internet which is also an original, unique online name and I'm proud of it! :D

Edited by Animal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there is no 'd' in your name?

You could make Yesh Vagina! But not hand vagina.

How have I never realized that? :S

Well, I'm sure it had 'vagina' in it, as for the hand...they must have lied to me.

It's interesting hearing how people got their names! Maybe this should become a thread about where people got their names from. I'm sure there would be some cool ones.

I've also just been on my customize profile thingamajig and is it even possible to change your name? I couldn't find the option

Also! Just went to an anagram website http://wordsmith.org/anagram/and found some for my name.

Most of them just included names with vagina, gin and shave. I think my favorites were shy vaginae and have gay ins! :laughing:

It's interesting hearing how people got their names! Maybe this should become a thread about where people got their names from. I'm sure there would be some cool ones.

I've also just been on my customize profile thingamajig and is it even possible to change your name? I couldn't find the option

Also! Just went to an anagram website http://wordsmith.org/anagram/and found some for my name.

Most of them just included names with vagina, gin and shave. I think my favorites were shy vaginae and have gay ins! :laughing:

You have to ask the admin bosses very nicely and they may change it for you.

I thinks we has a vagina obsession on this forum... lol

You have to ask the admin bosses very nicely and they may change it for you.

I thinks we has a vagina obsession on this forum... lol

Well what do you want with all these lonely boys. =P

Having said that, my name spells 'ee penis' haha.

I wanted my name changed ages ago but alas, much like nintendo-master I realised I couldn't change it. I made my name when I was joining the old Nintendo website, I wrote in 'txt spk' (my god) and a fair few people from the official Nintendo site (remember those terrible forums) were joining Cube-Europe and so I kept my name so that I didn't lose my online friends.

Revo-Europe was created and once again I didn't want to lose said online friends so I kept the name. Now I don't know what has happened to any of them and I'm stuck with a terrible name that makes me sound like a chav. Damn!

EDIT: That random user name site is amazing, my favourite so far being "Pillow Stick"

I think the main point is to find a name that you can identify with or acquire an association with. For example, no matter in what context I hear or read the name "Dannyboy", I instantly react to it.

I agree, same with Diageo. It should be something that he connects to himself. Maybe go to a friend and say what's the first thing you think of when I say my name or what reminds you of me and try make a name around that.

My name is Diego, and there's a drink company here called Diageo, and sometimes people come up to me and say "Drink sensibly, Diageo" and so I kept it.

Offtopic: Diageo are a huge company, they own Guiness, Smirnoff, Baileys and Captain Morgan's, amongst many others too.

I saw the word Nintendo and thought, 'the last two letter are the first two letters of dohnut.'

After that I got a few writers in, we sat down for a few days, brainstormed, and after a long and rigorous testing process came up with the wonder that is my current name.

I was thinking of changing too, though. People advised me against it but as most people here call me Dohnut when they (extremely rarely) refer to me I was thinking I might as well be that.

How about Smithy? Tenuous link yes, but Gavin, to me, is Gavin from Gavin and Stacey, and when I think of that programme I think of Smithy. Then again that's just me.

I think the main point is to find a name that you can identify with or acquire an association with. For example, no matter in what context I hear or read the name "Dannyboy", I instantly react to it.

I should have thought of that, I've recently met with people I knew just online and when they called me by my nickname I always cringed.

I agree, same with Diageo. It should be something that he connects to himself. Maybe go to a friend and say what's the first thing you think of when I say my name or what reminds you of me and try make a name around that.

Lol, with my friends that would go horribly wrong.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!