Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal - Man City match ended in a 0-0 draw, Man City didn't do much going forward and defended for like 80 minutes. It annoys me that they weren't up for a good football game, Man United win in the end.

And Blackburn - Liverpool has just ended 3-1. Roy, you're on your way out.

The Sunderland - Villa game ended 1-0. Shame after Villa seemed on their way up after that draw they got at the weekend.

The Wolves - Chelsea game ended 1-0. Chelsea's bad rut of form continues, beaten by an Early own goal.

Everton - Spurs ended 2-1. And with that, Everton go 11th and seemed well worth it, lacklustre Spurs on the day only boosted by a Van Der Vaart wonder equalizer.

Bolton - Wigan ended 1-1. It could have gone either way and Elmander missed a very late chance clipping the crossbar.

+2 for United.

Bardsley is a new player for us. Same with Ferdinand and Richardson and Henderson and...

Steve Bruce has us firing on all cylinders and has really brought on a lot of our 'mediocre' players. We've also got such a young squad and a ton of young lads waiting in the wings. It's a great time to be a Sunderland supporter. (Even if Newcastle are doing well!)

Hope we can secure Wellbeck. We should break the bank for that lad, I think he'd be lost if he went back to Man. United.

I shit you not a friend of mine posted this on facebook: "2200/1: Wolves win, Blackburn win, Leon Best Hat Trick. You know I wasted 50p of my money on that!" He just won £1,300.

Anyway our game, we didn't play bad. Not annoyed about that Man City showed a total lack of ambition but defended well. Sagna is a twat for getting himself sent off so late in the game and so needlessly. King Eboue enters the realm though, so all isn't lost.

Bardsley is a new player for us. Same with Ferdinand and Richardson and Henderson and...

Steve Bruce has us firing on all cylinders and has really brought on a lot of our 'mediocre' players. We've also got such a young squad and a ton of young lads waiting in the wings. It's a great time to be a Sunderland supporter. (Even if Newcastle are doing well!)

Hope we can secure Wellbeck. We should break the bank for that lad, I think he'd be lost if he went back to Man. United.

Aren't like 4 of your first team loanees though? Does that not worry you that you may need to invest just to stay where you are, with Quinn saying unless your gates improve there won't be investment?

Anyway, cracking result last night, plus I had £2 on Wolves and Blackburn both to win, which returned me £75.

Well they did it. Hodgson out and Dalglish in.

Liverpool sack Roy Hodgson - and appoint Kenny Dalglish as caretaker

• Hodgson: "Last few months most challenging of career"

• Henry: "Decision made in best interests of club"

Liverpool have announced that Roy Hodgson has left the club by 'mutual consent' - and that Kenny Dalglish will be in charge for the FA Cup third round tie at Manchester United tomorrow.

Hodgson was under severe presssure after losing nine out of 20 Premier League matches and, following the latest defeat at Blackburn on Wednesday night, Liverpool principal owner John Henry said he had decided to act 'in the best interests of the club."

"We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager," he said. "We wish him all the best for the future."

In a statement Hodgson admitted that he had found the "last few months some of the most challenging of my career".

He added: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football.

"I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season.

"I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Dalglish, who managed Liverpool for nearly six years between May 1985 and February 1991 - famously winning the double in his first full season - will take control of the team for tomorrow's third round FA Cup match against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season. Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/08/roy-hogdson-leaves-liverpool-kenny-dalglish

Edited by darksnowman

So, Daglish till the end of the season with Rush touted as probable assistant. Remind me which team has a messiah complex again? Guess if this doesn't work out it'll be a Shankly/Acorah dreamteam.

They could give Souness another nod.

Well that was a thoroughly gutless performance. And to add insult to injury, one of the stevenage fans knocked out one of their own players with a right hook because he wouldn't give him his shirt and some places like the Daily Star are claiming it was a Newcastle fan and talking about what shameful horrible people we are. Sigh.

Well that was a thoroughly gutless performance. And to add insult to injury, one of the stevenage fans knocked out one of their own players with a right hook because he wouldn't give him his shirt and some places like the Daily Star are claiming it was a Newcastle fan and talking about what shameful horrible people we are. Sigh.

Those journos are utter spaks, the bloke clearly has a red and white scarf in his hand.

Anyone else despise the shitty intro ITV have for their FA Cup show? It's like they've tried to make it a bit hip and trendy with a Sin City twist, it's just shit.

This!

If he gets rid of Lucas that will be another bonus. :D

I used to be Lucas' harshest critic (one of them, he has loads) but he has come on leaps and bounds last season and this season, he can't pass for toffee but he wont stop running. He's not xabi alonso but he was never meant to be, players sold were never replaced properly, we have been needing a striker to support Torres for 2 years now and still nothing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!