Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Retro_Link

It's developed by Grezzo? That's great, that's how remakes should be done. The more creative work has already been done in the original, so for the remake, you just need a good, competent team (and reading between the lines in Iwata Asks, it seems Miyamoto was genuinely impressed with them). I'm far more enthusiastic about getting a Majora's Mask remake now if Grezzo do that as well. Who knows what EAD2 are up to? Maybe Zelda 3DS is closer than we dared hope. :)

Maybe Zelda 3DS is closer than we dared hope. :)

Oh, good! It's only going to take three years instead of four. ;)

If Nintendo moves away from the "handheld-handheld" Zeldas and starts to blow up the handheld games of the series to the dimensions of the home console versions (which should definitely be possible), these are the kind of development times I would expect. That's a big if, though. It'll be exciting to see how they plan to differentiate both branches of the series in the future.

I've never heard of this Grezzo, and didn't even realise Nintendo outsourced its games to other developers but if it's done well and frees them to work on other games, then great.

Re: the box art, I've always liked it when they go minimal as with a lot of past Zelda box designs so could have done without Link and Epona, but that's a major nitpick. Agreed though, hope it gets the shiny treatment.

This is what bothers me about Nintendo.

"Hey, er, Fakurushimata-san... we have prepared a beautiful piece of artwork for the Ocarina of Time remake. It is a treat for all who see it."

"Excellent work, Tsurusamasamasama-san, now... about the box art?"

"We are using old stock artwork with a gold filter."

"Wonderful... san."

---

Nintendo have produced some incredible Zelda artwork over the years, yet we're constantly screwed over in the boxart department. Twilight Princess had a fairly cool cover, but I bet most of the world has never even seen the beauty that is this image:

Twilight-Princess-Poster-the-legend-of-zelda-408349_354_460.jpg

At least give us something a bit more special for the Ocarina remake, Nintendo. This title is hailed as one of the finest you have ever produced.

Edited by Guy

This is what bothers me about Nintendo.

"Hey, er, Fakurushimata-san... we have prepared a beautiful piece of artwork for the Ocarina of Time remake. It is a treat for all who see it."

"Excellent work, Tsurusamasamasama-san, now... about the box art?"

"We are using old stock artwork with a gold filter."

"Wonderful... san."

---

Nintendo have produced some incredible Zelda artwork over the years, yet we're constantly screwed over in the boxart department.

It's very simple, they're trying to be traditional, and do what Zelda titles have usually done in the past, and presented the game with a simple shaded background. Usually gold. It sets Zelda games apart from other games, and looks pretty classy IMO, unlike a lot of other over-produced, OTT fanwanky box art.

legendofzelda-boxart.png

250px_Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg

Zelda_SNES.jpg

Links_Awakening_box.jpg

ZeldaOoTbox.jpg

zeldamm.jpg

boxart-pal-front.jpg

It's very simple, they're trying to be traditional, and do what Zelda titles have usually done in the past, and presented the game with a simple shaded background. Usually gold. It sets Zelda games apart from other games, and looks pretty classy IMO, unlike a lot of other over-produced, OTT fanwanky box art.

legendofzelda-boxart.png

250px_Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg

Zelda_SNES.jpg

Links_Awakening_box.jpg

ZeldaOoTbox.jpg

zeldamm.jpg

boxart-pal-front.jpg

zelda-ph-eu-box.jpg

260px-ZeldaMinishCap_BoxArt.jpg