Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Retro_Link

False, you just get a couple more concept arts.

That seems like it isn't worth the trouble at all.

Part of me misses the days of gaming when rumours like this were always appearing in gaming mags - I always got suckered in! Kinda made the games a bit more fun (remember a mate convinced me there was a secret world in DKC you could unlock if you completed the entire snow world without dying. Spent two weeks trying to get that....)

Haha! Yeah, I remember those days too; God knows how many hours I've spent trying to get the Triforce in Ocarina of Time! There was a rumour that you had to circle a butterfly with a stick ten times on a certain place outside Zelda's castle.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Yeah, I remember those days too; God knows how many hours I've spent trying to get the Triforce in Ocarina of Time! There was a rumour that you had to circle a butterfly with a stick ten times on a certain place outside Zelda's castle.

I remember doing that! Wasn't sure if it was for the Triforce but it was something just as unobtainable.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally beat this the other week with my bro. Even though the game clearly wasn't designed for it, playing in co-op does make things easier at times. I was expecting a bit more from both the last boss and as a result of doing the temple levels. There was definitely the felling of "is this it?" going through my mind.

I'm not sure what bothered me more though: the fact there was no character parade at the end, or that if you go back to level 1-1, the banana hoard cave is still empty.

Very simple things both of them. Very Donkey Kong Country things.

Galaxy 2 has sold over 6 million! I think Kong is tracking extremely well, when it's done 10 weeks in all territories I'll put up a comparison of both.

Donkey Kong Country Returns is set to be the first western made game to sell a million copies in Japan in a very long time, last time that happened was...Donkey Kong Country 3 I think :heh:

Ok sooooo my girlfriend recently got a Wii and all she plays on it is New Super Mario Bros, would this be a good "gateway" game to get her into other games? She says she just wants classic platforming games that she can play and get through. She comes over from Canada soon(ish) and was thinking of picking this up to play a bit together in the hope it will open her eyes to the rest of the world.

I'm glad that they made this game challenging, I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if it was easier!

It is a challenging game, but I never felt like the challenge was unfair. Sometimes when you lose lives you feel kinda cheated, but in Donkey Kong I never felt that way, I just wanted to come back and play more.

Quality starting point.

Can't wait until the inevitable sequel. Dixie, Funky, Diddy cartwheeling, pirate Kremlings...

Yes.

I did just go there.

Welcome to 2011, a generation where we point and laugh at most shitty designs that were made in the 90s era, while we cheer and praise simple and effective designs that work :heh:

What about Tiny, Lanky and Chunky?

Don't forgot redneck Kong, black Kong, white Kong, retard Kong, scientist Kong, Kremling Kong, President Kong, Secretary Kong and all those other Kongs I am sure Rare have stashed in some drawer

Edited by killer kirby

All for the preparation of a new shooting game known as Call Of Kong.

Diddy's Peanut Popgun with a red dot sight attachment for the win!

The perk I hate most is Banana Martyrdom; when you get killed you drop a banana and if a player runs over it they slip and fall to their death... such a noob perk!

Can't wait until the inevitable sequel. Dixie, Funky, Diddy cartwheeling, pirate Kremlings...

Could be good... if the Rare of the 90s did it.

What about Tiny, Lanky and Chunky?

Tiny was ok. Lanky and Chunky can rot along with DK 64!

Welcome to 2011,

Welcome to Drake Lake.

Don't forgot redneck Kong, black Kong, white Kong, retard Kong, scientist Kong, Kremling Kong, President Kong, Secretary Kong and all those other Kongs I am sure Rare have stashed in some drawer

*mouse hovers towards ignore button*

Rare? Nah.

The stamper brothers are living it up with Candy Kong.

Who knew?

I wonder what the Stampers have done with all their money. Bought an island maybe...

Tiny was ok. Lanky and Chunky can rot along with DK 64!

Have you not seem her updated design:

tinykong.jpg

I wonder what the Stampers have done with all their money. Bought an island maybe...

And put googly eyes on everything?

I wonder this as well, actually. Are they even working in games any more?

I think they finally sold their stake in Rare, they're probably just retired with bags and bags of cash. I can imagine they're a little gutted about the way Rare went, after building it up to be one of the very best developers in the world, from the humble start in their bedroom, to seeing it as it is today must be a little sickening for them. However I'm sure all the money will make the sickness go away!