NEurope
Retro_Link

Donkey Kong Country Returns

That bit when he's riding the min cart in and on the rolling egg... EPIC! This is going to be amazing, defo my christmas treat!

That bit when he's riding the min cart in and on the rolling egg... EPIC! This is going to be amazing, defo my christmas treat!

Holy fucknuts, I was about to say the same thing, so freakin' inventive! I cannot wait to get this game!

Glad that there's a tough-ish difficulty to it, I miss hard games!

God. If only he rolled after jumping on enemies this game would be like....millions out of ten.

It still looks to be the best 2D platform game since the last DKC game though.....which says alot about how depressingly abandoned the genre is (and how good Retro are) I mean this does look...just sick.

God. If only he rolled after jumping on enemies this game would be like....millions out of ten.

It still looks to be the best 2D platform game since the last DKC game though.....which says alot about how depressingly abandoned the genre is (and how good Retro are) I mean this does look...just sick.

I think he does roll after hitting certain enemies. Check out 1:15 in the second vid posted above. He's fighting the boss and seems to do it.

I simply can't wait for this. The music even sounds awesome and orchestrated too.

THE MUSIC IN THE TRAILER IS EPIC! I'm so pumped for this game right now!!

I played on two levels of this at the London Expo today. It really is as fun as it looks - can't wait to get my hands on the full game.

I haven't seen any of the videos you're creaming over. Don't want to spoil it. Can't wait though. This and Epic Mickey are the games I'm most excited about on all platforms!

It looks soooo good!

It seems there will be more mine cart levels than the normal 2 or 3 too which is always a good thing :)

And i can see myself swearing at those levels where your being chased, jeez those are always so tense.

The music even sounds awesome and orchestrated too.

It's definitely not orchestrated, but nevertheless sounds fantastic.

*checks out screens/vids*

Whoa! :o Retro Studios have really done their homework on this one. :bowdown:

It all looks great, but I'm particularly loving how the environments are being used, some seriously clever stuff going on with that.

Liking how they've included some of the vibe from Jungle Beat too. :hehe:

The videos look great. I have just bought DKC1 for VC and am playing it for the first time. I like it, it's really hard though. Or well. It's not too hard it's just unforgiving. I have got some game overs in the first mine cart level and when I finally cleared the level, I got another Game Over two levels later and now I have to clear those levels again! But I guess there has to be some kind of consequence for Game Over'ing.

But this aside, I look very much forward to this game! I think I might have to buy this at launch and then wish for Golden Sun.

It's definitely not orchestrated, but nevertheless sounds fantastic.

Ya that's silly of me i should have known :) Just overexcited I guess

The videos look great. I have just bought DKC1 for VC and am playing it for the first time. I like it, it's really hard though. Or well. It's not too hard it's just unforgiving. I have got some game overs in the first mine cart level and when I finally cleared the level, I got another Game Over two levels later and now I have to clear those levels again! But I guess there has to be some kind of consequence for Game Over'ing.

But this aside, I look very much forward to this game! I think I might have to buy this at launch and then wish for Golden Sun.

actually i'm playing DKC 2

i have the game on my gameboy(remake), but i really want to finish the original version(SNES) before DK returns arrive =)

:bowdown::awesome::bowdown:

Now I want a trilogy!

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Donkey Kong Country Returns Again

- Donkey Kong Country Returns One More Time

*Goes to finish his backlog now*

Edited by Fused King

I wish I hadn't read that.. just in case :eek:

I better stay away from this thread from now on..

Yeah, I caught that on GoNintendo earlier on today. It would be absolutely mental if that's true. :o

Yeah, I had a listen to the podcast and it was said in a 100% joking and sarcastic way by Scott Bromley. Mario is not the villain. :p