N-Europe

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter...

Charlie

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter

Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun

and I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces

Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun

and I say it's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting

Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,

and I say it's all right

It's all right

The sun has finally come out properly and I feel like I can say it's summer (disregarding the fact I have 3 exams next week)!

What's everyone's favourite Summer tune then?

What will you be doing outside in the sunshine today?

I've already been out for an early morning to run to try and beat the heat. Managed to shave 5 seconds off my 5k time even though it's much hotter than the last time I did it! Later on I'll be heading across the road to the local cricket pitch to pretend to be interested in the cricket match and try to do a wee bit of revision.

o2ei3.jpg

The view from my living room window where I shall be later on today. :)

And let's share our Summer playlists too!

My Summer Spotify Playlist

Edited by Charlie

But it's still Spring...

Anyway I'll be doing the same as I always seem to do: work. No time to enjoy the weather. =(

Though we might have BBQ for dinner tonight, at least that's something.

So you normally don't have sun during Spring? =P

For us this April was the warmest (and probably the sunniest) month ever since they started measuring heh.

For me it's not really summer until temperatures get to above 25°, closer to 30.

For me it's not really summer until temperatures get to above 25°, closer to 30.

For us, the sun just starts to feel different at this point. It feels warmer, even when there are cloudy and rainy patches. For us, that's summer.

It's not really easy to explain. I would guess that it has something to do with the wind, and I'd wager that the past few days the main wind coming into this country is coming from the south now, as opposed to the northern winds that we have at times.

Then we'll get to the stage where we get mainly the Atlantic breeze, with lots of warmth and rain.

Or I could be talking a load of nonsense. I think I'm kind of right, though.

For us, the sun just starts to feel different at this point. It feels warmer, even when there are cloudy and rainy patches. For us, that's summer.

It's not really easy to explain. I would guess that it has something to do with the wind, and I'd wager that the past few days the main wind coming into this country is coming from the south now, as opposed to the northern winds that we have at times.

Then we'll get to the stage where we get mainly the Atlantic breeze, with lots of warmth and rain.

Or I could be talking a load of nonsense. I think I'm kind of right, though.

But it's the same here though, warm winds coming from the south (mainly France and Spain, or Africa). It starts getting warm and sunny during Spring (April-May), but it's not really summery until somewhere in June heh.

For me Summer is when everyone strolls around in shorts and skirts, which isn't happening yet right now hehe. =P

Anyway the only reason I said it's still Spring is because it's my favourite season, and people just seem to ignore it in favour of Summer. Pfff. =P

Sun pops out every now and then, but most of the days it's still cold. I actually got a cold or something like that. Got a serious headache yesterday afternoon and felt really bad as the day went on. The forecast says about 7-8 degrees for most of next week with a day or two with 5-15 degrees and with nothing but clouds for the next ten days :(

Just about Summer temperatures down in Wales, and i've been out and got my Summer chop (basically, numero 2 or 3 all over).

Britain consistantly moans about the weather, they moan when it's too hot, cold, wet, dry, windy, snowy, foggy etc.

Haha that reminds me, I read on a news site last week that they did a survey in the UK, and apparently people spend an average of 49 hours per year talking about the weather. Which is more than they talk about work, sports, television and gossip. =P

I shall be going out to the country pub with my family, having a nice cold pint of Guinness. Also, me and my friend are planning a 'school reunion' which is basically a picnic kinda thing so that should be cool too.

Just had my last day of school, and the weather seemed to know: For the past few days, we've had (and still have) the most summery weather as of yet this year: Bright blue sky and sun up high and temperatures above 20 C.

I think "Here Comes The Sun" is a valid contestant for my favourite summer time song.

I'm not really a summer person. Can't handle the heat (because I can't control it :p) but I'm trying to moan less every year. Just walked back home and at one point felt like my ear was on fire. I don't tan and I just get bitten so there are little benefits for me personally.

Although I do fancy a gin and bitter lemon and kicking back in the garden later. 6pm onwards on a summers day is fine for me ^_^

Oh and as far as summer music: Bebel Gilberto.

I don't tan either, I just get red skin. Which EVENTUALLY sort of fades so I have slightly-darker-than-lily-white-skin, but then goes back to normal.

I need to cut my hair, now spring's been run through by summer's sword.

I've got type 1 skin, that burns and rarely/never tans. Plus my meds mean I have to stay in away from the sun in the peak hours. (high increase in risk of skin cancer) >___>

It's lovely outside later on in the day, but i freakin hate summers at night because I can't sleep.. toooo warm!

I LOVE summer! The sun, the heat (especially when it's cut with a cool breeze), sitting outside with a cool drink and basking in the light and the long daylight hours (seriously, there have been days during the summer when I've still been able to see blue daytime skies close to midnight). Really is my favourite time of year as it encourages me to be lazy :p

And the good thing is that I do tan reasonably well. Yeah............ just need to remember not to fall asleep or zone out and then come to 2 hours later to find my hands and feet are sunburnt. Oops :laughing: Happened last time I went to Portugal and hopefully I'll never make that mistake again.

As for summer listening, I have trouble at times picking/finding anything suitable to fit the occasion. Usually plonk for some Santana but a bit of Silversun Pickups is doing the trick these days and Life Is A Highway by Tom Cochrane is also getting a lot of sunny weather play from me.