NEurope
jayseven

You know you've been using a computer too much when...

or when you start hearing the lyrics to "Rock the Casbah" as "Lock the task bar"

Have done this for years, damn it.

...when you're looking through a book or essay for a single quote you know you read in it and you genuinely consider using the 'find' function to find it, then are frustrated when you realise that no such thing exists.

Which reminds me of this:

488173112_qKof7-L-2.jpg

or when you start hearing the lyrics to "Rock the Casbah" as "Lock the task bar"

Song now ruined for me forever? Definitely.

That's an excellent one though.

...when you're looking through a book or essay for a single quote you know you read in it and you genuinely consider using the 'find' function to find it, then are frustrated when you realise that no such thing exists.

...when you're looking through a textbook and try to use a "ctrl+f" function in your mind.

Great minds eh?

You know you've been using a computer too much when...

...you're deep in conversation with a friend outdoors, and you want to recall a certain piece of information. "I'm gonna google that!...oh wait..."

Pff, get with the times :heh: I was on google in the middle of the peak district last Saturday.

Pff, get with the times :heh: I was on google in the middle of the peak district last Saturday.

In a few years time, there will be a similar thread to this, but this time about Mobile Phones/Handhelds, etc.

When your at a beautiful sight and the first thought you have is: "Man, these graphics are AMAZING"

When you Google the weather instead of glance out the window.

When you refer to getting changed as "Customising my avatar".

You refer to passing a test or challenge as "Achievement Unlocked"

You wonder how you can make your voice stand out in a crowd and contemplate changing its colour.

You write a short text and have to put "10char" on the end.

You get to a shop 5 minutes before it closes and think to yourself "Inb4thelock"

Cats have lost all appeal unless they are within 3 foot of a cheeseburger.

...When you're writing on a piece of paper and you go to tab return to start a new line.

When you Google the weather instead of glance out the window.

When you refer to getting changed as "Customising my avatar".

You refer to passing a test or challenge as "Achievement Unlocked"

You wonder how you can make your voice stand out in a crowd and contemplate changing its colour.

You write a short text and have to put "10char" on the end.

You get to a shop 5 minutes before it closes and think to yourself "Inb4thelock"

Cats have lost all appeal unless they are within 3 foot of a cheeseburger.

I actually do much of these, minus the 10char and cats

When you greet someone by saying 'O HAI'

Or question them by saying 'O rly?' (and try to make it sound like letters are missing)

When you greet someone by saying 'O HAI'

Or question them by saying 'O rly?' (and try to make it sound like letters are missing)

I do both of these, for my sins.

I do both of these, for my sins.

+1

I greet the boy these ways, for shame. :hmm:

When you look at famous paintings and decide that they've definitely been photoshopped.

Also, Moogle: totally! I read through the thread but must have totally missed your post somehow. I only posted it because I've been writing my dissertation and I couldn't count the number of times yesterday that I was frustratedly flicking through the book looking for a short quote and considering downloading an ebook or getting it on google books to speed up my work.

Meet a cute girl and immediately Google her name when you get home on the off-chance she might have made a bad boyfriend choice or needed some money a few years ago.