N-Europe

The Android Thread

david.dakota

With the Nexus 4 I've taken zero battery precautions (WiFi always on, even when not in use, stuff like NFC on, full brightness, lots of apps that check for messages, automatic updates, etc) and I have no issues with the battery.

My Desire HD required charging at work to last a day.

You know you might be right, the standby time seems pretty good on the Nexus 4 - I'm currently at 60%. I'd expect to be less than that by now on my iPhone 3GS with battery case by this point in the day. Probably at 45% now I'd estimate if this was my 3GS.

Although I listen to internet radio both to and from work, so let's see how it fares for the day. :)

My Nexus 4 is out for delivery today, woop

TNT said they attempted to deliver it today but that nobody was in. They didn't try at all! I phoned them up about it and they said the driver would try to do it again today but it's not guaranteed. So that means it won't be coming today if they couldn't even be bothered to try the first time around!

Although I listen to internet radio both to and from work, so let's see how it fares for the day. :)

I listen to Spotify to and from work, but it's mostly downloaded music. I'm on 71% right now.

I'll be interested to see how the bluetooth affects it once the Pebble is available for purchase.

TNT said they attempted to deliver it today but that nobody was in. They didn't try at all! I phoned them up about it and they said the driver would try to do it again today but it's not guaranteed. So that means it won't be coming today if they couldn't even be bothered to try the first time around!

And now they've managed to deliver it to the completely wrong street. It'd explain how they managed to not deliver it the first time.

What phone/tablet do you have?

Since moving to a Nexus 4 I no longer have a case with an in-built battery, which gave me much needed extra hours of use. Anyone know a decent battery solution (like a plug in charging dongle that you recharge each night)?

Samsung SII

It's gotten much worse over the last month or two. Used to last three days on average, now lasting just over one.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated my Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean. I was waiting around for an official OTA update, but since Orange have got their heads up their arse and Kies is awful, i did it manually.

Quite impressed so far. I like the improved lockscreen but i havn't had a chance to use Google Now (in the library).

Not strictly relevant (at all) but now when I use the Youtube search bar in Chrome, no results show. Youtube allows searching in Firefox. Chrome's prone to these odd little annoyances (like maps/main google page not working) but this bug is persevering. Any help? And what's the best solution generally to Chrome being a tit? Reinstalling?

Ta.

Think I've improved my battery somewhat by putting the Micro SD in there. Forgot I took it out as it was causing some kind of bug whereby it would just SING LOUDLY whenever I switched it on.

Anyone know if I can delete text messages via Excel (i.e. download a spreadsheet, remove entries, put it back on my phone)? A conversation with a friend has gotten so big it's now laggy whenever I text him. May just delete it all, but thought I'd see if I can whittle it down, but I know having tried it in the past on the phone it tends to crash.

Think I've improved my battery somewhat by putting the Micro SD in there. Forgot I took it out as it was causing some kind of bug whereby it would just SING LOUDLY whenever I switched it on.

Anyone know if I can delete text messages via Excel (i.e. download a spreadsheet, remove entries, put it back on my phone)? A conversation with a friend has gotten so big it's now laggy whenever I text him. May just delete it all, but thought I'd see if I can whittle it down, but I know having tried it in the past on the phone it tends to crash.

Try SMS Backup+ which will sync your texts to your google account. Then set a thread limit after they have been backed up to put a cap on what is on the device. Set up a auto backup schedule to keep everything synced to your Google account.

I just got myself a Nexus 10 :D

Currently stuck it on charge. How long are you meant to charge these things before first use? and also, do you guys power down your tablets after use/over night or do you leave them constantly on like a mobile phone?

/n00b

Any of you chaps used Google now abroad. Its just a wealth of information thrown up in your face. Google translate, currency conversion, directions to popular places, weather. Anything you need while abroad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

all i care about is how large is it physically, a 5" display sounds like its bordering note territory, but yet videos show it look almost S3 size

I just don't want to have to replace my phone case, i bought an expensive leather one there is no way I'm replacing it unless i have to