NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

Got my calendar... do Nintendo normally vendor through TheHut Group and deliver with MyHermes? :nono:

Got my calendar... do Nintendo normally vendor through TheHut Group and deliver with MyHermes? :nono:

Hermes or Yodel usually, yeah :/

With Hermes it really depends on your local driver. Our Hermes lady is efficient and always round by half 11, but her and most of the other delivery companies, including Royal Mail, now have the tendency to just leave the parcel outside by the front door and tick the box on the slip the post through the door that says "Left in a secure location". Not particularly happy with that if the parcel is worth a lot, like a 3DS is!

DPD have to be my favourite delivery company. I believe you get them from the Nintendo online store if you pay for the express delivery option.

DPD have to be my favourite delivery company. I believe you get them from the Nintendo online store if you pay for the express delivery option.

I paid for express with my new 3DS and it was delivered by Yodel. Not sure if that was an exception though, as other people who didn't pay for delivery also got it next day from Yodel.

With Hermes it really depends on your local driver. Our Hermes lady is efficient and always round by half 11, but her and most of the other delivery companies, including Royal Mail, now have the tendency to just leave the parcel outside by the front door and tick the box on the slip the post through the door that says "Left in a secure location". Not particularly happy with that if the parcel is worth a lot, like a 3DS is!

Yeah, that happened with my New 3DS. It took me 3 seconds to get from my desk to my front door from when he knocked quietly rather than use my doorbell and he was already just entering his van with my parcel leaning against the door. It was meant to be signed for, too. Luckily I work from home, but if I didn't...

Nice for people who didn't manage to get it. Have to say though, £16 more than it was on the Nintendo store and you don't get the skull kid model or the additional charger. Bit of a rip off really.

I. Don't. Need it.

Nice for people who didn't manage to get it. Have to say though, £16 more than it was on the Nintendo store and you don't get the skull kid model or the additional charger. Bit of a rip off really.

Something's wrong if your charging more than Nintendo themselves, although I'm wondering if they are just pulling stock from their other European branches and thus the mark up?

Works for me! : peace:

Amazon can have their £15 profit just so long as they deliver, I've pre-ordered with them now and will keep it so long as Nintendo don't get it back in stock on their store, which they most likely won't. ::shrug:

Still... it does indeed beg the question, just where did Amazon get this 'extra' stock from. :confused:

Seems fake as you can't find it by searching ?

no, but you can find it by searching "New Nintendo 3DS XL with Zelda Majoras Mask"

also, the power adapter seems to have jumped up £2 in price...

I think the new 3ds is brilliant, and makes me want to play the 3ds more. The downgrade in screen size isn't too much of a problem either. From the little ive used the c stick it seems great, but the best things are the speed and the 3d. I have it on all the time. It doesn't do ghosting which the other one did a lot, but mainly it's the solid 3d, no eye attacks with every shift of the body.

Do everyone like their "New 3DS Normal/XL"?

I don't really like the asymmetrical layout on them. Why there can't be two circle pad on both sides instead of one circle pad & a c-stick? Also I don't like the Start/Select buttons being on right side instead of on the middle like the original 3DS. :/

Gonna stick with my original 3DS until they come up with a better layout for their New New 3DS.

Edited by DriftKaiser

Do everyone like their "New 3DS Normal/XL"?

I don't really like the asymmetrical layout on them. Why there can't be two circle pad on both sides instead of one circle pad & a c-stick? Also I don't like the Start/Select buttons being on right side instead of on the middle like the original 3DS. :/

Gonna stick with my original 3DS until they come up with a better layout for their New New 3DS.

Using the C stick as a 2nd circle pad has been fine for me. Not been a hindrance at all.

I haven't been paying particular attention to it, but the battery life on my new 3ds seems pretty poor... How longest supposed to last? Seem to be charging it up every night and not playing too much....

I haven't been paying particular attention to it, but the battery life on my new 3ds seems pretty poor... How longest supposed to last? Seem to be charging it up every night and not playing too much....

Yeah my battery life seems pretty poor too. I'm not sure if it's just because I came from a XL though. I'm getting noticeable drain in sleep mode too.

Yeah my battery life seems pretty poor too. I'm not sure if it's just because I came from a XL though. I'm getting noticeable drain in sleep mode too.

Yeah same.... Bugger... Didn't realise the XL has a better battery. Really hope they sort this for their next handheld, kind of annoying.

Sleep mode battery optimisation is poor and has been on all 3DS machines.

Before my friend sold his Vita he said that he could leave it in sleep mode for days.

Oh yeah the Vitas sleep mode is amazing. That thing just lasts forever. :D

3DS is crap. Even the new one. Mine was flashing at me before to be charged so I had to plug it in. :indeed:

Yeah same.... Bugger... Didn't realise the XL has a better battery. Really hope they sort this for their next handheld, kind of annoying.

I've found the opposite going from the original 3DS to the New XL, the battery life is so much better on the newer model, but it could be due to an older battery, which was badly charged all the time, as well.

My original black 3DS has a terrible battery life :hmm: I was hoping for a little improvement with the New 3DS but I don't expect much..

Hopefully Nintendo's next handheld will be much better, in that regard!

N-Europe 'new' Nintendo 3DS

Hands On Impressions*

content-4-34234-nin%20ten%20do.jpg

*Warning! May contain traces of amiibo

: peace:

Buying my Micro SD for the New 3DS.

32GB will be enough for a fairly casual user for the foreseeable future right?

For anyone else shopping around:

64GB Class 10 UHS-I for £19.99: http://www.7dayshop.com/products/kingston-microsdxc-memory-card-64gb-class-10-WH2-SDCX10/64GB

32GB Class 10 UHS-I for £11.29: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-MicroSDHC-without-Adapter/dp/B00J29D62Y/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1422013383&sr=8-12&keywords=64gb+micro+sd