NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

We would like to solve this issue by making the Nintendo eShop accessible via PCs and smartphones as well.

This is one thing that I really wanted. I even be able to buy stuff from work now and have it download automatically if I leave my 3DS at home for when I get home.

I wonder when they will reveal the public release of NES games in the eShop? Seems like that would have been a good time to do it.

It's like watching a baby go from crawling to walking :)

It needs a fitting soundtrack!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Although I don't think Nintendo has gone beyond 0:25 yet. ;)

Edited by Burny

Quite interesting...

Nintendo also gave figures for all of the other consoles. Probably showing that things aren't as bad as they seem, since the DS is still the second-highest selling this year.

2011 YTD HARDWARE SALES

TOTAL US EU JP

PS3 6.3 2.42 2.79 1.11

NDS 5.5 2.67 2.26 0.60

360 5.5 3.45 1.98 0.09

3DS 5.0 1.42 1.48 2.15

WII 4.9 2.36 2.01 0.55

PSP 3.9 0.85 1.40 1.60

- US: NPD, Jan to Sep.

- JP: Media Create, Week 1 to Week 42.

- EU: Nintendo, Week 1 to Week 41.

Are we really sure we want PC and smartphone stores - at the speeds the eShop currently runs at? They really need to speed that thing up.

Nintendo really need to consolidate content on Virtual Console; where its possible, games should be accessible via both Wii and 3DS. I fail to see why I would need to again buy a title when an app store purchase covers me for any compatible Apple device. I doubt we'll ever see Nintendo opt such a stance.

Nintendo really need to consolidate content on Virtual Console; where its possible, games should be accessible via both Wii and 3DS. I fail to see why I would need to again buy a title when an app store purchase covers me for any compatible Apple device. I doubt we'll ever see Nintendo opt such a stance.

I'm really hoping this is the case once they finally release NES (and hopefully SNES) games on the 3DS. Will be total bullshit otherwise.

Are we really sure we want PC and smartphone stores - at the speeds the eShop currently runs at? They really need to speed that thing up.

Web/mobile version will probably have a different interface and will run faster on a PC anyway. I don't think it's slow on the 3DS at all.

Doubt they'd bother with the Wii, Wii U maybe. They need to integrate our Club Nintendo account more to do this though, which sounds like what they might be doing.

So DLC and microtransactions are now going to be possible on the 3DS. Now we can all experience day 1 patches :-)

I like this as it totally opens up the possibility of different types of games being available. I'd happily pay extra for say a map pack on MK.

So DLC and microtransactions are now going to be possible on the 3DS. Now we can all experience day 1 patches :-)

I like this as it totally opens up the possibility of different types of games being available. I'd happily pay extra for say a map pack on MK.

Unfortunately Nintendo still make Mario Kart so don't expect that any time soon ;)

Apparently Capcom are keen on putting out an eShop demo for Revelations...

We’re in talks with Nintendo about that and I agree, I think that would help sales a lot. For that to happen we need to get permission to use a larger filesize than demos currently are allowed.
Sort it out Nintendo!

Yes Nintendo... Listen to the only 3rd party that is supporting you properly.

Got my 3DS back and for the most part its repaired

The top cover seems to have been replaced or polished so there are no scratches, the bottom casing seems to have all been replaced and the hinge is considerably tighter

Now although tighter its looser than my DSlite but i suspect thats by design so its perfect so to speak even if the design isn't

The rubber feet are both now present and accounted for but althought they are certainly longer/larger the left side still doesn't meet the base :hmm:

looks like i'll solve that with laptop pads

Still no response on my complaint though which i find quite insulting, i've contacted them 3 times now (original and two chases). Think i'm going to send it in writing from now on multiple copies two to see if they ignore it

Circle Pad Pro details:

The 3DS thumbstick add-on is known as the Circle Pad Pro in the West, Capcom has revealed.

The name was mentioned by Resident Evil: Revelations assistant producer Tsukasa Takenaka at a recent Capcom preview event attended by Eurogamer. It also appears in the upcoming game's options menu screen, seen by Eurogamer.

In the horror action game, if you have the Circle Pad Pro, you're able to adjust the settings to select the "Type D" controller layout. This, Takenaka said, lends the game a third-person shooter feel. There is also an option to calibrate the Circle Pad Pro.

Speaking to Eurogamer following his presentation, Takenaka said using the Circle Pad Pro is "the right way to play the game".

"It was for us kind of a no brainer," he said. "As soon as we found out Nintendo had this peripheral, we thought this is something we can use to provide another bit of customisation for the game. We instantly decided to support it.

"When we decided that we thought, we have to do it fully, we have to create a whole other control scheme based just around this peripheral. We went ahead and did that, and we felt it was the right decision and it paid off because it feels like the right way to play the game."

Nintendo shocked its fans when it revealed the 3DS circle pad attachment. The move was seen by many as a radical attempt to make the handheld better suited to Monster Hunter - one of the best-selling games in Japan.

For Capcom, however, it was about providing a control scheme that made Revelations feel more "natural".

"For certain people, playing the game with the Circle Pad Pro, they may find it's easier to control the characters, and therefore it does make the game a little easier.

"But in terms of priorities, the thing most important was providing players with a control scheme that felt most natural for them. Basically, something that made it natural and easy to control the character. The controls fade away and you become part of the experience. We felt a lot of people might resonate with this control scheme and that's why we decided to put it in."

The Circle Pad Pro name was spotted last week after Nintendo filed a trademark for it. We know Revelations will be the first game to use it, suggesting it will launch on or before 27th January.

3DS firmware update adds join friends option

Nintendo 3DS gamers will gain the ability to join a friend's game from the system's friend list, it has emerged.

Friend list navigation has also been improved, and online friends are shuffled to the front of your list for easier viewing.

Currently packed in with Mario 3D Land

Oh boy, bit by bit!! But how the hell does the join friend option work? Surely games (from now) will have to be bale to use it? (Getting ready for Mario Kart?).

Wish it would re-order the friends list permanently to "last-on" (or better yet, be able to filter as you want).

If messaging truly is messaging then it looks like we may be sorted!

does this mean that the firmware update is coming on the same day as 3D Land? or is the update coming before the game? or is it just bundled with 3D Land?

Is it that time of year already?

AprilFools(1).jpg

Surely this is just a practical joke. Nintendo can't be that good - what the heck would we moan about if they got their act together and delivered a robust online system.

Is it that time of year already?

AprilFools(1).jpg

Surely this is just a practical joke. Nintendo can't be that good - what the heck would we moan about if they got their act together and delivered a robust online system.

The fact that there aren't enough games? :p

It's about bloody time but yes I am skeptical, just in the same way that I should have been when MK DS came out and I though "Wow... we're going to be able to play online properly!"

To be honest I don't care if Nintendo carbon copied anyone else's online system. It doesn't need to be original, it just needs to work and stop being an obstacle.

does this mean that the firmware update is coming on the same day as 3D Land? or is the update coming before the game? or is it just bundled with 3D Land?

The firmware update that comes with SM3DL is NOT the November update (it only includes the friend invite/game joining system, not the video recording or the revamped eShop or anything else)

oh ok thanks. not complaining but i would've thought that it would have been better to include that with the update.

The firmware update that comes with SM3DL is NOT the November update (it only includes the friend invite/game joining system, not the video recording or the revamped eShop or anything else)

Does that than mean one needs to buy SM3DL in order to receive this update which holds friend intives/game joining system, or is it included in the bigger update?

Does that than mean one needs to buy SM3DL in order to receive this update which holds friend intives/game joining system, or is it included in the bigger update?

It's very likely it'll be on the update

3ds_colour_scheme.png

Doesn't have the three tiered progressive colour scheme of the other 3DS models. I wonder if Nintendo are packing that idea in... or if they just realised it would look stupid on the ice white. It still looks a bit hideous with being three different widths, imo.