N-Europe

Portal 2

Dante

Well finished this today and just wow honestly blown away by it. Had that same feel to the 1st game where when you complete a section you feel clever as hell. Also if Stephen merchant doesn't pick up voice acting awards then there's something wrong with the world (although granted I'm yet to play LA Noire which I'm sure will scoop awards for such categories) Also the ending just wow.

Looking forward to some co-op with anyone who is still willing and defintely think I'm gonna have a playthrough with directors commentary.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Valve Didn't Forget About Portal 2's "Summer" DLC

Testing begins anew next week, guys.

Valve just sent word that Portal 2's first set of downloadable content, dubbed Peer Review, will be released on every platform on October 4.

And if you've forgotten, this content won't cost you a dime.

Peer Review contains both single and co-op content, though the additional "story" bits appear to be relegated to the co-op expansion, which continues to follow P-Body, Atlas, and GLaDOS.

If you're playing solo, Valve's included a Challenge Mode with leaderboard functionality. Said Challenge Mode is also available for co-op play, though. Co-op! Co-cop! Co-op!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/valve-didnt-forget-about-portal-2s-summer-dlc/3709/

Have it on PS3 not played any.

You got a Steam account? Hook that shit up and lezz do disss :D

I would, but I've already played around three hours of the co-op, and it's best to do when both people haven't played before.

I've been trying to get people to play since the damn thing came out, but the game has somehow been designated as the game guys choose to show their beleaguered girlfriends that games aren't a total waste of time :p.

I've been trying to get people to play since the damn thing came out, but the game has somehow been designated as the game guys choose to show their beleaguered girlfriends that games aren't a total waste of time :p.

Haha, I actually played with a gamer friend in the end, but before that I was threatening to show it to my girlfriend. :heh:

You got a Steam account? Hook that shit up and lezz do disss :D

YEs my steam id is flameboyne so add me...

Haha, I actually played with a gamer friend in the end, but before that I was threatening to show it to my girlfriend. :heh:

You should have played with your girlfriend instead. She wouldn't have abandoned you after three hours.

Well, I'm assuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Portal 2 Getting In-Game Map Editor Next Year

The next piece of content for Portal 2 is something slightly unexpected: an in-game map editor.

Valve says the editor will allow users to create both single and co-op stages, and will be “easy to use,” which suggests an interface much simpler than what is usually used to build levels for games.

Players will also apparently be able to “view, play and vote on them [levels] with a simple click.”

What that will end up looking like, however, isn’t known, as the update isn’t coming until next year.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/portal-2-getting-in-game-map-editor-next-year/3759/

Having played a big section of the co-op I might do some level design for multiplayer on this. I've enjoyed it so much and would love to get into doing something like this. Plus it will be a good way to get back into Hammer quickly.

Give me a shout if you're interested in checking out any of my custom levels btw.

• 1 month later...