NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

If only I were rich... There's a factory sealed Panasonic Q on eBay, only £2,900. It's a good job I'm not rich, I would waste so much money buying factory sealed games and consoles.

Yeah, its not a lunch break at work without me looking at 3DOs on ebay.

Just seen an Amiga CD32 on ebay, oh my god. That controller!

amiga-cd32-controller-2kq0.jpg

I think I want one!

That is hideous!

I was never a fan of the more obscure consoles, such as the 3DO, Jaguar and Amiga CD32.

I need me some Next Gen Desert Strike... Just remembered the theme tune at the title screen. Anyo e know how feasible it is for EA to bump this franchise?

I need me some Next Gen Desert Strike... Just remembered the theme tune at the title screen. Anyo e know how feasible it is for EA to bump this franchise?

They need to reboot the Road Rash series first.

They need to reboot the Road Rash series first.

Ahhhh classics right there.

What ill also do for a rebooted Micro Machines from Codemasters (if their still alive).

After deciding my NES was basically dead a while back, I had another look at it tonight and successfully managed to boot and play 90% of the carts I tried with the others showing signs of life, then smashed the first level of Mario Bros., knocked Glass Joe out, threw tomatoes at robot dogs and pogo'd around the moon. Got about 25 more games to try tomorrow. Excite!

Yeah, I've already overclocked it a bit, since Zelda ran like arse in the rainy prologue bit.

It's only a Raspberry Pi 1, so I may upgrade to the latest one at some point.

So my other half bought me the latest Raspberry Pi and it runs much better. Even runs some Dreamcast games reasonably well. Chuchu Rocket runs perfectly and Sonic Adventure 2 runs very well, albeit with some slowdown occasionally. Haven't tried much else. Compatibility list is low though, as with all DC emulators.

I've got full ROM lists for the SNES and Mega Drive, so that's sorted. May try some PS1 stuff next.

I was at ComicCon yesterday and picked myself up a Gameboy addition:

i70b46.jpg

£4, couldn't refuse. Think I plan to make a fitting display for this classic.

Wario Land and Dreamland 2 were there as well but not up to scratch in terms of condition. It was a lot of fun seeing all the retro games and consoles around :)

Oh that poor boy. The design looks horrific, nothing like Conker at all. Why didn't they just create a new character for this? Disgusting.

Well they'd already ruined the design of Banjo, Kazooie and Joanna Dark, Conker was just the natural progression :p

Also this 'game' looks crap. AR games don't have that much lasting appeal. AR displays are more interesting.

AR games don't have that much lasting appeal..

I was actually a little disappointed that Nintendo didn't go further with AR on 3DS but then we're used to them giving us things to play with only to never develop the idea into something greater :hmm:

I'm sitting here on my lunch break looking at Dreamcasts on ebay and shocked to see how many of them have suffered yellowing. It's annoying because you can get a yellow one with a decent box or a white one with a knackered box.

*shakes angry fist*

Anyone on here have a scruffy yellow Dreamcast?

I'm sitting here on my lunch break looking at Dreamcasts on ebay and shocked to see how many of them have suffered yellowing. It's annoying because you can get a yellow one with a decent box or a white one with a knackered box.

*shakes angry fist*

Anyone on here have a scruffy yellow Dreamcast?

I purchased my Sega Dreamcast brand new about fifteen years or so ago, it was fine but sadly mine has recently yellowed. :(

It's a shame because I look after my consoles as well, it was out into storage with some of my other beloved consoles for a few years, in a clean plastic box, it has never been mistreated... I just got it out a few weeks ago and discovered that it wasn't quite the same colour as I remember. :hmm:

I'm going to have a go at cleaning it, just superficially - I'm not taking the case off and risking breaking a perfectly good working console - to see if I can make it look a bit better, I still love it though as it's a fantastic machine. :heart:

Gonna hop in the attic at home a bit later and will update you guys on the yellowing on my old Dreamcast.

I purchased my Sega Dreamcast brand new about fifteen years or so ago, it was fine but sadly mine has recently yellowed. :(

It's a shame because I look after my consoles as well, it was out into storage with some of my other beloved consoles for a few years, in a clean plastic box, it has never been mistreated... I just got it out a few weeks ago and discovered that it wasn't quite the same colour as I remember. :hmm:

I'm going to have a go at cleaning it, just superficially - I'm not taking the case off and risking breaking a perfectly good working console - to see if I can make it look a bit better, I still love it though as it's a fantastic machine. :heart:

The Dreamcast is such a great wee console and thankfully mine hasn't started to turn yellow like my SNES :grin:

I remember hating the controller when I first got my hands on it but I actually grew to love it over the years :love: The only real problem with mine is that it asks me for the date and time every day when I boot it up.. but that's a minor irritation with an otherwise excellent machine! The Wii U of its generation :heh:

The Dreamcast is such a great wee console and thankfully mine hasn't started to turn yellow like my SNES :grin:

I remember hating the controller when I first got my hands on it but I actually grew to love it over the years :love:The only real problem with mine is that it asks me for the date and time every day when I boot it up.. but that's a minor irritation with an otherwise excellent machine! The Wii U of its generation :heh:

Presumably you've gone long periods of time between playing it? I did and I had the same issue with the clock, apparently it's due to the internal battery and the more you use it, the longer the time will stay set. :)

I've been playing mine every other day or so for the past few weeks and date/time settings have been retained. :D

Also did you know that the Sega Dreamcast internal clock only goes up to 2085? And you can even set it as far back as 1950 if you so desire, there have been a lot of theories on why this is, the earlier date could relate to a time in Sega's early history when the company was moved to Japan in 1951 following the U.S Government starting to outlaw slot machines... this was news to me as well. :p

But as for the 2085 date? Who knows... I'd like to be around to find out but I'm not entirely sure it would be either worth it or even viable to stick around until being a hundred just to find out, but it's an interesting thought at least... my betting is on the fact that it's a date set so far into the future that who knows if there will be any working Dreamcasts, Videogames, Technology or even much of this planet left by then. ::shrug:

Yeah... I'm going to not dwell on it and go back to writing some reviews, but in any case that's your Sega trivia for the day! :grin:

If only I were rich... There's a factory sealed Panasonic Q on eBay, only £2,900. It's a good job I'm not rich, I would waste so much money buying factory sealed games and consoles.

I'm sure that Q won't be selling.... I had two in the past, the last one being the one which can play American games with the switch. I got mine for roughly £300.

So the Dreamcast is fairly yellow. Box is pretty beat up too. But it still runs and loads Sonic Adventure - sadly the audio seems busted, all I get is a weird static hissing. Does this seem system or cable related to you guys?

Also lifted out the N64, which also has something resembling a box, but nothing resembling the RF box. Have ordered a new one from Amazon to arrive tomorrow.

Presumably you've gone long periods of time between playing it? I did and I had the same issue with the clock, apparently it's due to the internal battery and the more you use it, the longer the time will stay set. :)

I've been playing mine every other day or so for the past few weeks and date/time settings have been retained. :D

I've been playing my Dreamcast a lot through February but the problem persists, unfortunately :heh:

It's not a big deal and I definitely wouldn't risk opening up the console to replace the battery (especially since it apparently requires a soldering iron :blank:) but it's just a minor inconvenience :smile:

So the Dreamcast is fairly yellow. Box is pretty beat up too. But it still runs and loads Sonic Adventure - sadly the audio seems busted, all I get is a weird static hissing. Does this seem system or cable related to you guys?

Also lifted out the N64, which also has something resembling a box, but nothing resembling the RF box. Have ordered a new one from Amazon to arrive tomorrow.

What consoles yellow the most? I've seen a lot of yellow SNES's, but can't remember seeing a yellowed NES.

What consoles yellow the most? I've seen a lot of yellow SNES's, but can't remember seeing a yellowed NES.

SNES and Dreamcast are the worst. I've seen a few NES discolourations but usually it's just the front flap that starts to yellow.

My Dreamcast yellow'd as well. Also it my original model died and the replacement got the reset bug, the fix only fixes it temporarily.

Wish I was able to pick up some backup units back then.

Just got my Gamecube out - looking to see if I still have a memory card for it (can't find it though) - and the front of that has yellowed; it's a different colour to the grey memory card slots.

My GameBoy has somewhat yellowed as well.

Dreamcast was definitely the worst from memory though.