NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

When it comes to cartridge based games, I usually don't bother trying to get boxed/complete copies, but when it comes to disc based games I always do.

Having a disc game without the original box/manual/inserts feels so wrong, but with cart games it doesn't bother me.

Does that make me weird?

When it comes to cartridge based games, I usually don't bother trying to get boxed/complete copies, but when it comes to disc based games I always do.

Having a disc game without the original box/manual/inserts feels so wrong, but with cart games it doesn't bother me.

Does that make me weird?

If possible I would prefer to have the boxes for cartridge games but if it doesnt have one then I'll still buy it. Disc stuff I would never buy without a box.

Does that make me weird?

Nah. CDs need to have a case with them.

If I ever try to collect SNES or NES games then just a cartridge would be fine. Trying to find good condition N64 boxes has been hard enough.

Speaking of SNES, it's a shame that repro carts have flooded the market. It makes trying to buy an original copy of the game a bit of a nightmare, especially if you are paying top dollar for a rare game.

Speaking of SNES, it's a shame that repro carts have flooded the market. It makes trying to buy an original copy of the game a bit of a nightmare, especially if you are paying top dollar for a rare game.

Not even DS is safe anymore! Most carts on eBay seem to be pirate carts now; good thing we finally have the DS VC!

N64 still seems to be safe though. I wonder why repro N64 carts never really took off...

Not even DS is safe anymore! Most carts on eBay seem to be pirate carts now; good thing we finally have the DS VC!

N64 still seems to be safe though. I wonder why repro N64 carts never really took off...

Interesting. I never knew that the DS was also effected by this. I knew the GBA was and pirated games were all over ebay for that thing.

Interesting. I never knew that the DS was also effected by this. I knew the GBA was and pirated games were all over ebay for that thing.

Yeah, it's a more recent phenomenon. DS is pretty much as bad as GBA now it seems...

NES has a fair few repro carts on there as well, but not as much as SNES... meanwhile N64 has absolutely nothing. Strange really (prohibitive cost? lack of demand?)

Yeah buying GBA carts is a nightmare. I wanted to start getting some more (as I sold all my original ones yeasr ago) as they work on the Retron 5 but the knock off carts dont work so I'm always hesitant to even try now.

Didn't know where else to post this. Anyone else see the GameCube logo whenever the BBC does EU referendum coverage?

Decided I'm going to start getting a few things out on display rather than stored away.

Starting with my Gameboy and one of the most important games to me...

24y0091.jpg

Decided I'm going to start getting a few things out on display rather than stored away.

24y0091.jpg

Cracking setup and pic.

Do you still have any other GameBoy games?

Cracking setup and pic.

Do you still have any other GameBoy games?

I don't unfortunately :hmm: (kinda miss Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Wario Land), Like you I've sold games in the past to buy other games, or because I've needed the money. But nostalgia is really kicking in and I'm going to start celebrating and buying back a few games that were special to me.

Pokémon Red is a game I'd never part with however.

I'm wondering whether I look into sprucing up my GameBoy a little bit... with a new screen, and trying to un-yellow it. But there's also something to be said for celebrating your things in used condition.

Edited by Retro_Link

I don't unfortunately :hmm: (kinda miss Kirby's Dream Land 2 and Wario Land), Like you I've sold games in the past to buy other games, or because I've needed the money. But nostalgia is really kicking in and I'm going to start celebrating and buying back a few games that were special to me.

Pokémon Red is a game I'd never part with however.

I'm wondering whether I look into sprucing up my GameBoy a little bit... with a new screen, and trying to un-yellow it. But there's also something to be said for celebrating your things in used condition.

You should get these for your boxes.

GameBoy Console Protector

GameBoy Game Box Protector

You can get some pretty cool mods for GameBoys these days. Having the screen all light up looks lovely.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

P6kKiUB.jpg

Made the mistake of starting to casually browse eBay for retro cartridges after going on a massive regret spree for trading in most of my old school stuff as I grew up.

This won't end well.

Made the mistake of starting to casually browse eBay for retro cartridges after going on a massive regret spree for trading in most of my old school stuff as I grew up.

This won't end well.

Good stuff. :D

What have you got your eyes on?

This won't end well.

Haha.. excellent :grin:

I'm in the process of tidying up my collection a little at the moment. I've had quite a few games store away in a box for months that I've been meaning to sell on ebay so I've finally got round to putting up around half of those. Hopefully a few will sell, particularly Rayman 2 on N64 as I've already upgraded to the Dreamcast version this week and expect it to arrive in the next day or two :hehe:

I've fancied playing through it again for ages but being in Dreamcast mode at the moment, I decided that I was gonna take this opportunity to make the change to what is thought to be the superior version :heh:

I've fancied playing through it again for ages but being in Dreamcast mode at the moment.

How large is your Dreamcast games collection? Got any rare gems hiding away on the shelf?

Good stuff. :D

What have you got your eyes on?

Oh man, too many games... It's a goddamn rabbit hole.

Mostly been eyeballing Nintendo classics but those old carts are super expensive and there's a massive hike for anything in a box that doesn't look it's been chewed up by a dog

I'm also feeling the urge to amass a decent Megadrive collection too as I always found the multiplayer games way more replayable than on the SNES. Megadrive games also had the benefit of plastic boxes so getting the titles I want boxed seems way less of a quest.

Above all, I've really gotta head back home to my parents' place soon and do a bit of a sweep of their attic as I'm not actually sure what we still have up there. There should still be a lot of stuff - it bothers me immensely how much stuff has seemingly disappeared.

Then there's the PAL/NTSC debate... AUGH.

Why do I do this to myself?

Haha.. excellent :grin:

I'm in the process of tidying up my collection a little at the moment. I've had quite a few games store away in a box for months that I've been meaning to sell on ebay so I've finally got round to putting up around half of those. Hopefully a few will sell, particularly Rayman 2 on N64 as I've already upgraded to the Dreamcast version this week and expect it to arrive in the next day or two :hehe:

I've fancied playing through it again for ages but being in Dreamcast mode at the moment, I decided that I was gonna take this opportunity to make the change to what is thought to be the superior version :heh:

What are ya sellin'? [/merchant]

I'm also feeling the urge to amass a decent Megadrive collection too as I always found the multiplayer games way more replayable than on the SNES. Megadrive games also had the benefit of plastic boxes so getting the titles I want boxed seems way less of a quest.

I picked up a Megadrive II (superior model,IMO) last year but have yet to add anything to the collection since then. Luckily most of the Megadrive games are reasonably priced. I think the only one that I want that costs a bit more is X-Men 2: Clone Wars

What are ya sellin'? [/merchant]

Mostly things that I don't imagine you, or anyone, will be interested in but I currently have Rayman 2, Shadow Man, International Track & Field, Quake, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2, San Francisco Rush, Mission: Impossible and Premier Manager 64 on ebay, none of which are in amazing condition, but there's Mega Drive games to add in the coming weeks. I also have ISS and Columns Crown/ChuChu Rocket on GBA and Silent Scope and Virtua Athlete 2K on Dreamcast for sale too :smile:

How large is your Dreamcast games collection? Got any rare gems hiding away on the shelf?

Not too sure :heh:

I own..

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare

Bangai-O

Capcom vs SNK

ChuChu Rocket

Crazy Taxi

Daytona USA 2001

Dead or Alive 2

F355 Challenge

Gunbird 2

Headhunter

Jet Set Radio

Metropolis Street Racer

NBA 2K

NHL 2K

Outtrigger

Power Stone

Power Stone 2

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Rez

Sega GT

Sega Rally

Shenmue

Shenmue II

Silent Scope

Skies of Arcadia

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Soul Calibur

Space Channel 5

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Virtua Athlete 2K

Virtua Fighter 3tb

Virtua Striker 2 ver.2000.1

Virtua Tennis

Virtua Tennis 2

Worms Armageddon

I picked up a Megadrive II (superior model,IMO) last year but have yet to add anything to the collection since then. Luckily most of the Megadrive games are reasonably priced. I think the only one that I want that costs a bit more is X-Men 2: Clone Wars

I may have a couple of Mega Drive games you would be interested in but I have to rush off to work here. I'll post pictures later :smile:

24y0091.jpg

A beautiful (and very timely!) setup! Simple and elegant! : peace:

You should get these for your boxes.

GameBoy Console Protector

GameBoy Game Box Protector

You can get some pretty cool mods for GameBoys these days. Having the screen all light up looks lovely.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

P6kKiUB.jpg

Oh I've got something similar to that. I have one of those Rose Coloured Gaming GBAs! I'll have to see if I can post a picture later on today, I love that little thing! :D

As promised, @Hero\-of\-Time, here are the Sega Mega Drive games I will be selling :smile: If you're interested in any of them, give me a shout before they end up on ebay :heh:

Comix Zone

Comix%20Zone_zpszr0xpkok.jpg

Strider

Strider_zpsjkdixcof.jpg

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse

Castle%20of%20Illusion_zpsnl4w5t4b.jpg

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers

Power%20Rangers_zps7dv8ekug.jpg

Mega Games I

Mega%20Games%20I_zpscltkxy9p.jpg

Mortal Kombat

Mortal%20Kombat_zpsymix5idz.jpg

Thanks for the offer. Power Rangers is tempting but i'm not Megadrive collecting mode at the moment. It also has some wear on the bottom of the insert. You have no idea how picky I am about that kind of stuff. It's why I only try and get mint boxed goods when looking for N64 games.

What with you posting these, and @S\.C\.G offering me Dreamcast games via PM, you guys really want my money. :grin: I'm trying to finish my N64 collection off....STOP TEMPTING ME!

Sam was the worst with his Dreamcast temptations, as i've now been looking at DC stuff ever since. :D

Thanks for the offer. Power Rangers is tempting but i'm not Megadrive collecting mode at the moment. It also has some wear on the bottom of the insert. You have no idea how picky I am about that kind of stuff. It's why I only try and get mint boxed goods when looking for N64 games.

What with you posting these, and @S\.C\.G offering me Dreamcast games via PM, you guys really want my money. :grin: I'm trying to finish my N64 collection off....STOP TEMPTING ME!

Sam was the worst with his Dreamcast temptations, as i've now been looking at DC stuff ever since. :D

I'm quite picky these days, too :heh: I wouldn't buy something without a box or manual any more and have even bought a couple of games in the past that I already owned because they were in better condition :red:

As for these Dreamcast temptations, I want to see what you're offering, @S\.C\.G. There may be one or two things that tickle my fancy too!

The modern phrase "sorrynotsorry" has probably never been more appropriate. :D

On the one hand I now feel bad as I didn't know you were still in N64 buying mode. :heh:

But on the other hand... Dreamcast games! :D

The one I had for offer is a pretty good one too but I understand you not wanting to buy it when your funds seem to be more invested in the Nintendo side of things currently, I still thought it only right to offer you first refusal though seeing as the title in question, you were partially responsible for making me want to buy it and I'm glad that I did... I just didn't realise that I'd end up buying it twice. :red:

I'm quite picky these days, too :heh: I wouldn't buy something without a box or manual any more and have even bought a couple of games in the past that I already owned because they were in better condition :red:

As for these Dreamcast temptations, I want to see what you're offering, @S\.C\.G. There may be one or two things that tickle my fancy too!

This is what I've been doing recently as well, though I have been buying some Dreamcast games without boxes, as in some were sold with both box inlays - front and back - disc and manual... so they went a bit cheaper and I found a seller who was selling brand new Dreamcast cases in lots of six, £4 a case mind but I'm so glad I bought them now as it means I can put new cases on some of mine plus infuriatingly I have received really rare Dreamcast games through the post just chucked in an envelope with no protection! :mad: So a few of the new cases have to be used for those, the damage I'm talking about is the front hinge on the case just breaks clean off due to inadequate packing... it has happened a few times, it's why in some ways if I find a seller getting rid of lots of DC games I tend to buy a few at once as they seem to be packed better.

I'll PM you the game I have for offer, it's not in your list and it is a rare one but I won't be asking quite the same as eBay might ask, I'll let you have it for the same price as I offered it to Hero for of course. : peace: