NEurope
tapedeck

General Retro Discussion

This is what I've been doing recently as well, though I have been buying some Dreamcast games without boxes, as in some were sold with both box inlays - front and back - disc and manual... so they went a bit cheaper and I found a seller who was selling brand new Dreamcast cases in lots of six, £4 a case mind but I'm so glad I bought them now as it means I can put new cases on some of mine plus infuriatingly I have received really rare Dreamcast games through the post just chucked in an envelope with no protection! :mad: So a few of the new cases have to be used for those, the damage I'm talking about is the front hinge on the case just breaks clean off due to inadequate packing... it has happened a few times, it's why in some ways if I find a seller getting rid of lots of DC games I tend to buy a few at once as they seem to be packed better.

It really annoys me that people just stuff things in a jiffy bag and call it a day. When making N64 game purchases I always contact the seller before bidding to make sure they will ship the game in a box, especially if paying top dollar for it.

I'll PM you the game I have for offer, it's not in your list and it is a rare one but I won't be asking quite the same as eBay might ask, I'll let you have it for the same price as I offered it to Hero for of course. : peace:

Don't pay anything more than a tenner, @nekunando. That's the price he offered me. :heh:

It really annoys me that people just stuff things in a jiffy bag and call it a day. When making N64 game purchases I always contact the seller before bidding to make sure they will ship the game in a box, especially if paying top dollar for it.

Don't pay anything more than a tenner, @nekunando. That's the price he offered me. :heh:

I tend to go by previous feedback and then take a chance, most of the time it pays off, recently it hasn't or I've just blind-bid which isn't the wisest course of action, your way of doing things sounds much better but at least for DC games the cases can be replaced though it's sitll annoying, sometimes I get the feeling that even if I messaged the seller saying to wrap the game in bubble-wrap as well that they wouldn't listen anyway or if I messaged them after saying "the case is broken" that they wouldn't care... plus if it's a rare game then it's not as if they could replace it with another so I just replace the case then wash my hands of them. ::shrug:

It shouldn't be the case though, when I sell stuff on eBay I always wrap stuff well even if the case already has cracks in it - which isn't often - as I want the game/item to get there still in reasonable condition. As for N64 boxes, a small, strong box with the game wrapped in bubble-wrap, another layer of cardboard, plus padding inside the box is the only way to ship them and it should be made law in my opinion. :heh:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha! A tenner? That would get you the inlays maybe but not game disc or manual... not even the case. :indeed:

I'm only after what I paid for it, well actually... it's technically less than what I paid for it but I'm going by the price of the slightly cheaper copy even though they are both in good condition. :smile:

I really need to get round to boosting my DC collection. The only "rare" game I have for it right now that's actually exclusive for it is Cosmic Smash :p

Edited by Dcubed

Haha! A tenner? That would get you the inlays maybe but not game disc or manual... not even the case. :indeed:

I'm only after what I paid for it, well actually... it's technically less than what I paid for it but I'm going by the price of the slightly cheaper copy even though they are both in good condition. :smile:

It's strange why that game seems to have shot up in value. I'm guess it had a low print run? Actually just looking on Google here, the game got released 3 months after Sega announced they were killing the Dreamcast off, so I guess they must not have produced many copies. Amazing game, though. :bowdown:

I still remember the day Sega made that announcement. I always checked Digitiser/GameCentral on C4 teletext first thing in the morning for the gaming news and that's when my heart broke.

This was essentially me.

8TNHNwBEhhc4g.gif

Screw it, i'm off to eBay!

I'm trying to finish my N64 collection off....STOP TEMPTING ME!

When you say finish it off, what do you mean? You going for the full lot? Just nintendo games? Or just a list of games you personally want?

It's strange why that game seems to have shot up in value. I'm guess it had a low print run? Actually just looking on Google here, the game got released 3 months after Sega announced they were killing the Dreamcast off, so I guess they must not have produced many copies. Amazing game, though. :bowdown:

Screw it, i'm off to eBay!

Are you after a copy now? :p

The one I'm selling is cheaper than the cheapest Buy It Now on eBay and those aren't even complete!

I've offered it to Nando via PM now too, so if either of you wants it then please let me know. :)

Can someone PM me the DC game you're talking about :p

Sod it... it's Project Justice: Rival Schools 2, someone would figure it out eventually anyway. ;)

I just didn't want to shout about it initially as I don't make a habit of buying more than one copy of a rare game, it just turned out that way so I thought I'd ask on the quiet to start with to see if there was any serious interest, then the talk here turns to DC and things... *spiralled.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA_a33kwxH5liRDDOkD4ZhPf5_JbcAuVp2yz3h5l2gDWwJ6Irh-PE3Dx0UGQ

*Technically a swirl but nevermind!

When you say finish it off, what do you mean? You going for the full lot? Just nintendo games? Or just a list of games you personally want?

My own personal list. 3 of them on the list are going to set me back quite a bit though. Once I get those I can then worry about other stuff and just buy the rest as they pop up.

My own personal list. 3 of them on the list are going to set me back quite a bit though. Once I get those I can then worry about other stuff and just buy the rest as they pop up.

What are the three :) See if I have them to tan you with.

Smash Bros

Paper Mario

Banjo Tooie

I'm currently watching a couple of copies of Banjo Tooie. There are a few Smash Bros. on at the moment but their condition isn't up it my standard.

Smash Bros

Paper Mario

Banjo Tooie

I'm currently watching a couple of copies of Banjo Tooie. There are a few Smash Bros. on at the moment but their condition isn't up it my standard.

Ah okay, can't taunt then as quality is not something my collection has

Ah okay, can't taunt then as quality is not something my collection has

Seriously, dude. You may as well start posting in hieroglyphics at this point. :D

Seriously, dude. You may as well start posting in hieroglyphics at this point. :D

Ha, I have serious speed-typing-not-checking problems. My staff have huge huge issues with my emails every day....

Ha, I have serious speed-typing-not-checking problems. My staff have huge huge issues with my emails every day....

They be like...

IckySafeKomododragon.gif

Oh thank god, I thought 'tan you' was some new young persons vernacular I wasn't familiar with :p

Edited by Retro_Link

Personal lists when retro collecting is what I'll be rebuilding my collection on, mostly games I had/enjoyed as a kid and foolishly traded, lost or sold. Will chuck a few must-haves in there depending on if or when I find them at a reasonable cost.

With the exception of Megadrive I'm gonna try and spare myself the stress of collecting carts boxed. Should enable me to theoretically get more games for less. Will probably just chuck them all in a drawer like old days.

You'd have been gutted by the package that arrived for me this afternoon, @Hero\-of\-Time :nono:

Rayman 2 came for Dreamcast in a jiffy bag along with Sega Extreme Sports (I got a great deal for both from the seller) resulting in a crack on one of the boxes and some missing teeth :hmm:

It could have been worse but it was disappointing!

One thing that did make me happy, though, is that Rayman 2 has the logo on the spine rather than just plain text. It adds an extra bit of visual pleasure to the row of games on the shelf :red:

You'd have been gutted by the package that arrived for me this afternoon, @Hero\-of\-Time :nono:

Rayman 2 came for Dreamcast in a jiffy bag along with Sega Extreme Sports (I got a great deal for both from the seller) resulting in a crack on one of the boxes and some missing teeth :hmm:

It could have been worse but it was disappointing!

I would have contacted the seller and asked for a partial refund. It's their responsibility to make sure the package is well protected and arrive safely. While they can't give you another game, they can help fund a replacement box.

Man, I was sooooooo close to buying a bunch of Dreamcast games yesterday. I don't even have the console but was hovering over a few BUY IT NOW options on various games. I managed to resist. I really need to stop coming into this thread. :D

ok phew, that makes me feel better about looking at DC games without currently owning a Dreamcast :p

We are a strange bunch, aren't we? :D

I can honestly see me cracking some point soon. I was sat watching these last night.

Staaahp guys, staaahp, I have a gameless Dreamcast sitting in my attic. It wouldn't take much.

I love reading retro gaming threads, so good.

Anyway, am I the only one here who desperately wants to own a Panasonic 3DO?

That thing was a beast back in the day and bloody expensive too.

c5cf6020-2229-012d-bf24-0050569428b1.jpg

I've heard so many good things about the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo port, that I must play it.

I love reading retro gaming threads, so good.

Anyway, am I the only one here who desperately wants to own a Panasonic 3DO?

That thing was a beast back in the day and bloody expensive too.

c5cf6020-2229-012d-bf24-0050569428b1.jpg

I've heard so many good things about the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo port, that I must play it.

A quick look on eBay and it seems they go for around £80. Not bad.

A quick look on eBay and it seems they go for around £80. Not bad.

Yeah, its not a lunch break at work without me looking at 3DOs on ebay.

Just seen an Amiga CD32 on ebay, oh my god. That controller!

amiga-cd32-controller-2kq0.jpg

I think I want one!