NEurope
chairdriver

The Materialism Thread (a.k.a Things I Want)

ripped-l-plates.jpg

To pass my driving test

backtracks_box.jpg

AC/DC Backtracks Boxset

zombiestomperheel.jpg

Iron Fist Zombie Heels

pearl-jam.jpg

Tickets to Pearl Jam

If anyone wants to buy me any of these things that would be great :)

You realise this is a materialism thread? So what you want an inflatable?
You realise it doesn't actually mean things made out of materials?

You realise it doesn't actually mean things made out of materials?

No but wanting a girlfriend is hardly materialistic.

I would argue that a girlfriend isn't a materialistic desire unless she's just for sex or to look cool on your arm.

No but wanting a girlfriend is hardly materialistic.

You could argue, with relative ease that the fetishisation of commodities extends to human objects.

As Karl Marx, and this being a thread clearly structured around my Economic and Philosophic manuscripts, I would say that in the same way in which an ego defines itself through objects that it assimilates into its everyday existence, so too is ones political and social status affected through the procurement of a "girlfriend."

Hence a spouse, or significant other, is indeed a plausible constituent of ones material needs.

:heh:

What I want:

Mastodon Tickets for their Feb Crack The Skye gig

A New guitar.

I want The Blanks to release their version of Hey Ya! and I want the piano music to Antony and The Johnsons's cover of Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

Both are nigh on impossible to procure.

10288035x.jpg

Need to see this. Staring at it in Fopp, £13, but I daren't spend so much, as I am currently sans easily accessible money until my card/new pin is sorted out. Might just order it online though.

Need Mass Effect..! The only things getting me through these exams is knowing that in a few shorts weeks I will have this game in my hands FOREVER MORE!!

And also Muse's new album. Gotta love Uprising!

And also Muse's new album. Gotta love Uprising!

I'd argue you most certainly don't.

This could be taking a joke too far;

CAMER029_LG1.jpg

I love the concept though. Realistically, I'm not going to wear the hood unless it's raining, and under a heavy downpour, those who see my masked face would only be made merry from the sight, all other thoughts drowned out by the rain.

I want to see it worn "normally". i.e unzipped, hood down. I could need. There's Green Lantern and others too, but they're less fun.

My current list of items is as follows:

Trio_Ferrari.jpg

A Ferrari jumper/top, now they have my favourite driver one of these for around the flat would be nice, knowing Ferrari they will be far to expensive though.

vespa-s-white.jpg

A scooter, for weekday driving to cut down my fuel bill and weave through traffic at speed.

article-1238898-07B670CC000005DC-456_468x286-e1262260414151.jpg

The Apple tablet, depending on what form it takes.

I also want a pair of boots, but I just can't find the right ones. I'm trying to be good at the moment after far too long of frivolous spending. None of these items will be coming near me until my finances are back in order.

This could be taking a joke too far;

CAMER029_LG1.jpg

I love the concept though. Realistically, I'm not going to wear the hood unless it's raining, and under a heavy downpour, those who see my masked face would only be made merry from the sight, all other thoughts drowned out by the rain.

I want to see it worn "normally". i.e unzipped, hood down. I could need. There's Green Lantern and others too, but they're less fun.

Good Lord, man! Where?

Good Lord, man! Where?

That 80'stees website. Some of their stuff is amazing. I don't even know if they deliver to the UK, but I think some people here have bought stuff off them.

I want this recession to end so I can walk into stores and not think: "Shit, this stuff has doubled in price".

Here's a tip for ya: import.

A job. :sad:

You and me both. I WANT TO DRIVE!!! :sad:

I want...

product_avatar_xbox_360_game.jpg

Ever since seeing the movie three times (I know but it's just amazing!), I've been wanting to play the game badly.

...I also wanted the big 3D poster of it that I saw in a shop by where I live but unfortunately, I have no money. Plus it's £15 so I probably wouldn't get it for that much but I would have probably bought it if it was a tenner. :(

You and me both. I WANT TO DRIVE!!! :sad:

I want...

product_avatar_xbox_360_game.jpg

Ever since seeing the movie three times (I know but it's just amazing!), I've been wanting to play the game badly.

...I also wanted the big 3D poster of it that I saw in a shop by where I live but unfortunately, I have no money. Plus it's £15 so I probably wouldn't get it for that much but I would have probably bought it if it was a tenner. :(

I've been told by a friend that the game sucked royally - and he loved the movie.

Manfrotto Tripod

l_01265821.jpg

At £300, it's not going to happen. This one is more likely though.

Edited by Goafer

I just want a lot of TV series. The Wire, Mad Men, Six Feet Under and 30 Rock are all things I really want on DVD at the moment.

But most of all, I just want an offer from a university!

Here's a tip for ya: import.

That used to work before but because buying foreign currencies is expensive and the tolls for importing products have risen.

The rule of thumb here when importing is too assume that you have to add 40-50% on top of the product your buying which usually makes it about as expensive as buying at a local store.

Which makes importing more expensive then it should be.