NEurope
chairdriver

The Materialism Thread (a.k.a Things I Want)

I think it depends on the tablet and maybe how much pressure you put on it?

I have a Graphire 2 (so older model) and the pen nib has lasted me for yeaaaaars. Basically since I was 18 (so 7 years). Only this year did I have to buy nibs to replace it; sadly my tablet didn't come with spare ones, boooh.

Good timing. I need this:

olympus-e3-review.jpg

It's basically the professional version of my camera. The worrying thing is, I can afford it if I take money from savings. I can't justify buying it since I love my camera, but knowing I can afford a pro camera is a recipe for disaster and an empty wallet.

I'm thinking of purchasing the following

Creative-Zen-X-Fi2.jpg

creative_t10_speaker_set.jpg

To replace my now 3/4 dead CD/DAB player and Creative ZEN MP3. A roll-into-one situation.

I REEEEEEAAAALLLLY want an E-reader. I get so many articles to read on PDF at university it would be amazingly useful. I hate reading them off the computer and printing them can be an amazing hassle.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I would love:

Oblivion_360.jpg

My cousin's boyfriend had given it me and all of a sudden it stopped working. It won't work in my mate's 360 or mine yet it works in his. Tis a mystery but I find it weird since I wasn't a big fan of Fallout 3 yet I can't get enough of this game which I suppose is a mystery too.

14393.jpg

As a SAW fan, I feel this is a must.

I would also like a plain black sleeveless hoodie so I can transfer my design of Heath Ledger's Joker on it (if I can ever find that design again.)

Edited by Animal

JobWanted.jpg

This man's would be nice;

lee_unkrich_video.jpg

Especially as I know he's off to Italy at the moment then to Tokyo. Swine :p

But seriously. Work wanted...

I need me a pair of Star Wars shoes. I'm actually in love with the orange ones.

Adidas-Luke-Skywalker-Star-Wars.jpg

adidas-star-wars-at-at-forum-00.jpg

And these are so ugly that they've become awesome:

adidas-star-wars-micropacer.jpg

I like the first and second pair but not the third...and how the heck are you supposed to see the clock when you're walking? lol.

JobWanted.jpg

Oh and this would be nice too :p

Those box sets are getting so ridiculous.

1) Huge, take up loads of space, especially if you have 5 or 6 of them

2) Never really look at the other stuff in them, art books are good for one flip through, all the art is available online anyway. Making of Videos are also boring the second time.

3) No de facto size or shape, so you can't collect them together on your shelf amongst your other games.

4) Often very tacky accessories (see SFIV)

5) Unlocking armour etc which gives you an advantage the game was not designed to let you have from the outset.

6) So expensive!

The Daredevil Ultimate Collection vol. 1 (By Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev)

51kd7qZs72L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

£19

Not actually on sale until 29 of June though.

And these.

fnv_collector_edition-generic-pegi.jpg

Want want want.

Utterly want that collection. I'm gonna have to get a job to save up for it methinks.

I've never had the desire to buy a special edition until now.

Sorry Dare. But you're still correct, the collection is pretty.

The only boxset I really ever wanted was for Bioshock 2, which I may yet still get. I like the fact it comes with a vinyl and CD of the soundtrack, as well as posters. Want want want. May buy at the end of June.

ooh, pretty. Is that the whole run?

edit: get out the way, dwarf!

Nooo...just the first bit. There's 2 whole Omnibuses of the entire run, the second released recently is about £45, and the first is nigh impossible to get ahold of for a reasonable price. Both are like 800 pages or something.

This is just issues 16-19, then 26-40.

I'm just debating whether to read it all now, or wait and buy this lovely object. I think I'll wait. I've got Elektra: Assassin to read atm anyway.