N-Europe

Sonic Classic Collection

Dante

Sonic Classic Collection allows fans both old and new to speed through the much loved zones of the four original Mega Drive adventures, in a bid to collect the chaos emeralds and save the world. Optimised to take full advantage of the Nintendo DS system, Sonic Classic Collection will feature a new save anywhere feature, a first in this original series, meaning that the games can be enjoyed anywhere, anytime! Gamers will also be given the chance to expand their knowledge with a wealth of extras including video and collectable pictures that are sure to be fan favourites.

XBLA versions say hi. These were out ages ago and had this feature, made getting the achievements easy. :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still an urban myth. Jacko was sniffing about and apparently created a full soundtrack but then when he was accused SEGA 'apparently' backed out.

This should be about £15/20 tops.

It's not an ubran myth. Go listen to the Sonic 3 soundtrack and compare it to the S2 one, it's got a completely different style to it. Hell, listen to Ice Cap Zone it's sounds like a typical jacko bass line :P

I don't think Michael Jackson was probably ever actively involved in the compositions himself, probably mainly just his sound team. I'm pretty sure it was a feature that was going to be promoted though, before all the shit went down with him at the time.

Anyway recently Yuji Naka was questioned about it again and laughed and said "maybe some day I'll be able to answer that question" or something, suggesting that it was still a matter staff were sworn to silence on. It did suggest there was definite truth to it though.

I'm probably one of the few weirdos who probably prefers the soundtrack of the first 2 games anyway though. They were composed by Masato Nakamura of Japanese band "Dreams Come True", who hasn't been involved in the franchise ever since.

Guest Captain Falcon

Sonic 3 had the best music of the Mega Drive games for my tastes. 1 & 2 were decent, but I found Knuckles was a bit inconsistent. Even though it's a pretty dodgy game, Sonic 3D had some really nice music.

Most importantly, Sonic 3 is the first Sonic game Jun Senoue worked on and where would we be without him.

And awesome pic tapedeck!

Sonic 3 had the best music of the Mega Drive games for my tastes. 1 & 2 were decent, but I found Knuckles was a bit inconsistent. Even though it's a pretty dodgy game, Sonic 3D had some really nice music.

Most importantly, Sonic 3 is the first Sonic game Jun Senoue worked on and where would we be without him.

And awesome pic tapedeck!

Sonic 3&K together have some great tracks :) Hydropolis, Ice Cap, Launch Base (one of favourites! 'GO, GO GO GO'), Lava Reef, Flying Battery and finally Death Egg :love:

• 2 months later...

It looks like they're just plainy going to ignore the multiplayer in this game..

1266101240.jpg

See the changes in this screenshot of the title screen. No option for 2 player. I can't believe the lazyness imagine the possibility of a 2 player download race or even 4 player. It's taking so long to come out I was sure they might try it.

http://www.eversonic.fr/V6/news-425-SCC:_28_nouveaux_screens.php#affichecommentaires

I'm probably one of the few weirdos who probably prefers the soundtrack of the first 2 games anyway though.

Oh, that's not weird. The soundtrack to every Zone in the original Sonic was a work of genius. I can still hear them now - Scrap Yard Zone and Starlight Zone are probably my favourites.

It looks like they're just plainy going to ignore the multiplayer in this game..

See the changes in this screenshot of the title screen. No option for 2 player. I can't believe the lazyness imagine the possibility of a 2 player download race or even 4 player. It's taking so long to come out I was sure they might try it.

Shame. I probably wouldn't have used it myself though. Maybe they moved it to a different option, is it confirmed multi player is out?

Buh? Got your wires crossed there? :heh:

LOL, Spring Yard Zone. I'll never forget the first time I got to Zone 3 and that funky music played. I was staying in London and I loved my Megadrive so much I took it with me. I don't think anything will ever match the vibe I got then playing Sonic, Streets of Rage etc in London, with Canary Wharf in the background.

LOL, Spring Yard Zone. I'll never forget the first time I got to Zone 3 and that funky music played. I was staying in London and I loved my Megadrive so much I took it with me. I don't think anything will ever match the vibe I got then playing Sonic, Streets of Rage etc in London, with Canary Wharf in the background.

I confess that most of my Sonic 1 memories are from that zone. I used to play the Megadrive at my cousins' house whenever I visited them, and I always looked forward to reaching that zone, and I was always disappointed when I didn't. I never even cared about reaching Labyrinth Zone until I got my own Megadrive.

Sonic 2, on the other hand, was the one I was always hellbent on completing. Mainly because said cousin had never completed that one either.

As for the collection, I think I'll give it a pass. I already have Sonic Mega Collection, so that's all I need.

Sonic 2, on the other hand, was the one I was always hellbent on completing. Mainly because said cousin had never completed that one either.

That's the only one of the main four I haven't completed either. I've completed all these with the Chaos Emeralds:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic 3

Sonic 3 + Knuckles

But Sonic 2 is too long to play in one sitting, and it never used to have a save feature (even on Sonic Mega Collection), so I still haven't completed it. Also, I find the Chaos Emeralds mini game the hardest of the four. I find Sonic and Knuckles too hard to complete on its own too.

That's the only one of the main four I haven't completed either. I've completed all these with the Chaos Emeralds:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic 3

Sonic 3 + Knuckles

But Sonic 2 is too long to play in one sitting, and it never used to have a save feature (even on Sonic Mega Collection), so I still haven't completed it. Also, I find the Chaos Emeralds mini game the hardest of the four. I find Sonic and Knuckles too hard to complete on its own too.

Man, I still remember when I completed it for the first time. I really did beat the game before my cousin did.

Also, I agree with you on it having the hardest special stages. The only reason I can still beat them is due to muscle memory and intution. They're still fun, though.

And now that you mention it, I never completed S&K with all the emeralds. It had too few stages to be able to get them all.

And now that you mention it, I never completed S&K with all the emeralds. It had too few stages to be able to get them all.

Nah, you're just not hardcore enough ;) but seriously... I've found about 4+ special stages before even getting to the Flying Battery Zone and I've had them all before Sandopolis Zone... all you've gotta do is take the time to find them all, then you can be Super Sonic/Knuckles for the rest of the game. :D

With me, I always found 3 in Mushroom Hill, 1 in Flying Battery and 2 in Sandopolis (which always pissed me off, knowing there were 2 in that zone, but I never seemed to get them both in the same playthrough).

The others, I don't know where they were. Not too bad though, at least there's S3&K.