N-Europe

What multiplayer games are worth having?

Eenuh

Sooooo, I came to the conclusion I don't really own many/any good multiplayer games, mostly because I rarely have anyone to play with. Though occasionally Jim comes along to stay, and so I figured it would be nice if I had some good games that I could play with him.

At the moment, the only ones I seem to have are Brawl, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Wii Play/Wii Sports. Though only Brawl gets played heh.

I know Mario Kart is out there, and I still plan on getting that at some point (if I can find it cheap online), but I was wondering if there were any other good multiplayer games out there? =)

Sports Resort, Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods, Big Brain Academy, Geometry Wars, Ghost Squad, House of the dead, Koroinpa, Mario and Sonic Olympics and winter olympics, Spyborgs, Wii Music.... They're all good. A mix of comp and co-op too. Buy them all :D

With Sports Resort, we'd have to buy an additional Motion Plus, right? How much are they seperately? Can you even buy them seperately at the moment?

Sports Resort, Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods, Big Brain Academy, Geometry Wars, Ghost Squad, House of the dead, Koroinpa, Mario and Sonic Olympics and winter olympics, Spyborgs, Wii Music.... They're all good. A mix of comp and co-op too. Buy them all :D

I'm not really into shooters and sports games though heh (unless it's something like Mario Tennis). So I guess lots of those I wouldn't like to play myself. =P

Wii Sports Resort is tempting, but I've been a bit put off by the price tag so far. Plus like Jim said, we'd need another motion plus add-on to play all the games.

More suggestions are welcome too, I'll look into games I think sound/seem interesting. =D

I know Mario Kart is out there, and I still plan on getting that at some point (if I can find it cheap online), but I was wondering if there were any other good multiplayer games out there? =)
:o:eek::o

*Head explodes*

You neeeeeeeeed Mario Kart and you neeeeeeeeed it now!

Wii Music
Yep, great fun with others and also top-notch in single player, be prepared to lose big chunks of your time though. :laughing:

Marbles Balance Challenge
Another good recommendation, this game is a riot on VS mode with collision detection turned on! icon14.gif

But seriously, Mario Kart above everything else.

: peace:

I know I should get Mario Kart but so far the price has been putting me off heh.

Boom Blox might be fun so I'll look into it. Don't know anything about Marbles Balance Challenge so will look into that too I guess.

Mario Party is an option, though I'm not a huge fan myself (don't own any of the games).

Thanks for the recommendations. =)

I'd only consider mario party if you have 3 or 4 people to play it. I never really enjoyed 2-player mario party.

Even though it's a 1-player game, Zack & Wiki is alot of fun to play with others. Even if you're not the one playing you can give pointers (with the wii-mote if you want to).

There's not as much on the wii as there should be.. but

boom-blox-bash-party-wii.jpg

this is great or the original

That's actually a very good shout. I was looking at this and the original a while back. :)

Grand Slam Tennis is also one I desperately want. And Punchout. For both of these, multiplayer isn't a factor, but I don't strictly want these for the multiplayer. Hmm, the downside is that I'm not allowed to buy stuff before Christmas...in case I get given one of these as presents.

Grand Slam Tennis is also one I desperately want.

I have only played this in multiplayer.. and it is a complete disappointment to me :hmm: I'm not fond of it at all :hmm:

As for good multiplayer games on the Wii, the few obvious good ones have been mentioned but I'm not really sure if there is anything to add :eek: There are plenty of great games on the Wii, I'm just not sure there are a vast number of quality multilplayer games to play with friends.. but then I generally play the Wii on my own :heh:

I have only played this in multiplayer.. and it is a complete disappointment to me :hmm: I'm not fond of it at all :hmm:

As for good multiplayer games on the Wii, the few obvious good ones have been mentioned but I'm not really sure if there is anything to add :eek: There are plenty of great games on the Wii, I'm just not sure there are a vast number of quality multilplayer games to play with friends.. but then I generally play the Wii on my own :heh:

Haha, I remember your grumblings about this in the Retro board, with Darksnowman trying to convince you that eeet ees good.

There's a fair few games being mentioned, and I'm sure there are more out there if we keep looking. I didn't know Geommetry Wars was a multiplayer game. What's it like with more than one person? I haven't played it before, so only know basic stuff about it.

Haha, I remember your grumblings about this in the Retro board, with Darksnowman trying to convince you that eeet ees good.

There's a fair few games being mentioned, and I'm sure there are more out there if we keep looking. I didn't know Geommetry Wars was a multiplayer game. What's it like with more than one person? I haven't played it before, so only know basic stuff about it.

I have Geometry Wars on DS, so you could try that next time you're here. Haven't played it in ages myself, don't even remember if the DS one has multiplayer or not heh.

That's actually a very good shout. I was looking at this and the original a while back. :)

Grand Slam Tennis is also one I desperately want. And Punchout. For both of these, multiplayer isn't a factor, but I don't strictly want these for the multiplayer. Hmm, the downside is that I'm not allowed to buy stuff before Christmas...in case I get given one of these as presents.

Punch Out is £20 pounds on Amazon, which is a pretty good price, but i've heard from a mate that it's £7.50 instore at ASDA (along with Metroid Prime Trilogy for £15). I'll definately be checking this out tomorrow, so can confirm this then.

Hmm...something has come upon me...there is one game which has yet to be mentioned, and well...I am SHOCKED!!!

Shocked that no one has mentioned perhaps one of the most fun fighting game ever made...

First post:

At the moment, the only ones I seem to have are Brawl, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and Wii Play/Wii Sports. Though only Brawl gets played heh.
:blank:

I'd go with the recommendations for Wii Sports Resort (extra M+ for sword fighting essential), Boom Blox and the Mario and Sonics.

First post:

:blank:

I'd go with the recommendations for Wii Sports Resort (extra M+ for sword fighting essential), Boom Blox and the Mario and Sonics.

Damn, I was skimming through the thread and couldn't see it. :weep:

And to make sure I typed in a couple of refrence to SSBB with Ctrl+F, but I never put find in Brawl. :hmm: