N-Europe

Help me choose between cufflinks

MoogleViper

Well there are two cufflinks that I'm torn between. Triforce ones and Final Fantasy ones. I was wondering which ones you'd prefer. Personally I think the Triforce ones will be able to still pass as normal/fashionable cufflinks despite them being video gamed themed, whereas the FF ones wouldn't. But I much prefer Final Fantasy to Zelda. Triforce ones are $18 + $3 p+p, FF are $22 + $4.75 p+p.

il_430xN.87132242.jpg

il_430xN.70767408.jpg

So what do you people think? Don't just say Zelda ones because you hate FF, because it's me that's getting them not you, and I like FF.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the triforce ones.

As Retro said, the FF look a bit tacky and:

Personally I think the Triforce ones will be able to still pass as normal/fashionable cufflinks despite them being video gamed themed, whereas the FF ones wouldn't.

:)

Is the Final Fantasy picture the actual pair, or do they come as the same image on each one? Cufflinks have to match dammit.

Either way it's no different than having a Muse album cover on a cufflink: Shit. Plus you'll probably have to explain their existence over and over again. You said it yourself, the Triforce ones not only look like normal pr0 cufflinks, but are also an "in joke" for those who know what they really are and can appreciate them more. I'd daresay a Final Fantasy nerd [assuming one would be invited to a gathering where cufflinks would be considered wearing] would see those and say "Christ that's sad"

the Zelda ones are a bad shape and colour.

How so?

It's a shame that those FF cufflinks cover VII and IX...and not VIII. :(

I would say that the FF cufflinks are better, even though it's American boxart. It would be cool if they just had the symbols for the games (ie. the comet and crystal) on white backgrounds. :)

Looks wise I don't like the FF at all tbh! I think it looks a bit tacky just being the game box.

And especially considering the price of them both, I'd say get the Zelda ones.

I prefer the triforce ones.

As Retro said, the FF look a bit tacky and:

:)

Triforce ones. The use of boxes on the FF ones is stupid.

I agree with all of the above comments.

It's a no-contest, in my opinion. The use of the boxart just seems pretty cheap and I don't think they would look great at all as cufflinks. It really is up to you, but I would go for the Triforce ones. As someone else said too, it looks just like a regular stylish cufflink, but it has an in-joke. :)

Triforce ones for me it would be good as zelda fans might be like hey are those triforces and people who would make fun of videogames might not be so sure what they were as they don't look to shabby to the eye.

The Final Fantasy pair on the other are just horridly designed I mean someone has literally slapped PS1 cover art onto cufflinks and ultra geeky do not choose them.

The golden Triforce ones for me, without a doubt, even if you don't consider the fact that I'm more of a Zelda fan than FF fan. The boxart thing doesn't really work for me ... it doesn't really look good, just a little silly. The Triforces, on the other hand, look amazing in my opinion. It's a beautiful, iconic symbol that works both as a handsome cufflink and an awesome reference. In fact, I want such a pair for my tux. I want a pair now, dammit!