N-Europe

Meteor Shower!

Caris

It seems pretty clear outside so I've suggested to my girlfriend we go out shooting star spotting. It'll be a nice way to end the day after missing all the sunshine and sitting in front of a laptop writing an endless report. I love this place, I would have completely missed it if Eenuh hadn't mentioned it in the outer space thread (you too Caris).

I'll be taking a rest on my hammock for a bit to see if there's something, at least the sky is clear.

Edit: Wow, I wasn't even laid down and already there was a huge one tearing the sky. Really awesome.

Edited by Shino

I just went outside and sat on the wall across the road from our house with my Mum. We sat there, just enjoying the breeze, and then the clouds arrived. I'm not sure if we'll be able to see much from here.

Bluddy typical! It was hotter than Mercury for most of today, not a cloud in sight. Thank You, God.

hmmm I give up for tonight. I got clear skies but all I see is one bright star and Orion.

I'm looking southwardish if that makes a difference? maybe I will try the other side of my house.... or maybe I will just go to bed. Yes bed.

hmmm I give up for tonight. I got clear skies but all I see is one bright star and Orion.

I'm looking southwardish if that makes a difference? maybe I will try the other side of my house.... or maybe I will just go to bed. Yes bed.

I looked outside, and I see clouds. Clouds here, clouds there, as far as the eye can see.

There was one point where I saw a cloud with a light behind it. I held a tiny little bit of hope, and I thought to myself "Maybe Thees Ees Eet!"

Then, I saw the Moon unveiled from behind said cloud. A beautiful looking Moon, I must admit, but...I see the Moon Alllll the time. :(

I saw a tiny bit of light moving around for about 5 minutes. But some of the light was less bright than a star. Crappy clouds. I'm back at Huddersfield tomorrow so I might try and get my girlfriend to drive us to a very high spot and take a look.

I've seen quite a few, 8 of which I'm sure were shooting stars (others are ones that are so faint and fast you're not sure they are shooting stars or a trick played by your eyes and brain).

But yeah lovely to see, and the last one I saw was really bright and long. =)

For anyone interested to watch, you really need to be patient. Go lay down somewhere where it's dark, so no lights around you. If you can see a few stars then that's good, the more the better though. Also, shooting stars are bright but really short, so just keep watching the sky and you might spot some, but don't lose your patience. =)

too cloudy here in cornwall too:(

Mhmm... we are indeed cursed by the shit weather that regularly affects our region, but hey! it's not as if it's any big surprise just typical 'Cornish' weather, maybe it'll be clearer tonight though. :)