N-Europe

Disney's Epic Mickey

not_so_tiny

I was about to start adding on titles like The Last Story, Trauma Team, etc but then realised they're Japanese developed and that list was for Western.

Really isn't looking good for Western developed third party games, unless E3 has some in store. If it doesn't have anything...oh dear! The Wii probably has at least 2 years + left in its cycle too.

Anyway I hope improved Epic Mickey footage pops up at some point soon. I liked the concept when the game was announced but the screenshots killed it dead.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I hope improved Epic Mickey footage pops up at some point soon. I liked the concept when the game was announced but the screenshots killed it dead.

And the developers know it. Honestly, in retrospect they probably did start showing it off a little early. I mean, they hadn't even implemented the proper lighting system yet, according to the developers.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of it at E3.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I don't mean to come off as overly negative. I'll try and make more constructive/positive posts around the gaming boards. I think a few years of feeling dumped by Nintendo has twisted me into a bitter old man.

Awww, low blow on the Glee guys. I'm sure you both like things you know are rubbish too.

Gentlemen, it is now time to place your bets on what we'll see of this at E3, and what it will be like.

I'm guessing the graphics will appear completely different to what we've seen of the game-play, with more emphasis on lighting and mood. Not to mention far more polished. I'll also dare say we'll see a multiplayer mode of some description for the sole reason Mickey Mouse is from Disney and Disney are a "family" company.

You heard it here first, folks.

Anyone else less interested in this game the more we learn about it?

Yep. Definitely. When it was first announced there was definitely a sense of magic about it. The thoughts and possibilities over what could have been. It's totally dropped off of my radar for now though, I'm expecting some hefty footage at E3 to revitalize the opinions of people like myself.

Fuck me, how negative are you? I've seen slagging off the Wii, DS, 3DS, games... Why do you do it?!

Oh right, I forgot the Wii boards were meant to be a circle jerk of Nintendo fanboyism.

I'm just going to say this one thing; you have a Glee avatar.
Epic Mickey >>>>>>>> Glee.

I can say that with certainty unparalleled.

I wonder why new members don't stick around more often? Oh, right.

And Ashley; you're hardly one to criticize other people on their crap American TV shows :heh: And for what it's worth...Glee is awesome. And will no doubt be much more popular than Epic Mickey.

Oh right, I forgot the Wii boards were meant to be a circle jerk of Nintendo fanboyism.

So if it's not slagging off it's fanboyism? Nice to know.

As far as Epic Mickey goes. I'm still looking forward to it. But maybe it's because my expectations weren't too high in the first place.

What's Glee?

Awww, low blow on the Glee guys. I'm sure you both like things you know are rubbish too.

I wasn't denying that. You'll come to know me, I just like to throw in a snide remark now and then but really I don't care. I'm rather passive about other people. Its the misanthrope in me.

But Glee is phenomenally shit.

I wonder why new members don't stick around more often? Oh, right.

And Ashley; you're hardly one to criticize other people on their crap American TV shows :heh: And for what it's worth...Glee is awesome. And will no doubt be much more popular than Epic Mickey.

I'd presume most people who come to a gaming board are used to friendly jibing. Its not like we've ripped Scoop apart and insulted his face, family and feelings.

Everything I watch is gold. GOLD! :heh: Nah I know, but Glee just bugs me because people act like its good. When its not. Its at best dire :heh:

And I'm sorry, I forgot popularity dictates quality. I'm off to read the Daily Mail then...

Yeah because it's that polar isn't it? One or the other.

I don't mind negative posts, but, and I'm sure scoop isn't like this, but I literally read three posts one after another on different threads which was just slagging off the DS, then the Wii then Epic Mickey... Not that constructive, just slagging them off. For me, the guy doesn't like the Wii or DS, fine, but why go on threads just to slag them?!?!

TO REITERATE. Scoop, I don't think you're necessarily like this, but how you came across.

But yeah, what a fanboy!!!

I wasn't denying that. You'll come to know me, I just like to throw in a snide remark now and then but really I don't care. I'm rather passive about other people. Its the misanthrope in me.

Glee is something I never expected to like and just fell in love with. Diverse tastes are what makes a forum work, so we'll get along just fine I'm sure.

I'd presume most people who come to a gaming board are used to friendly jibing. Its not like we've ripped Scoop apart and insulted his face, family and feelings.

Everything I watch is gold. GOLD! :heh: Nah I know, but Glee just bugs me because people act like its good. When its not. Its at best dire :heh:

And I'm sorry, I forgot popularity dictates quality. I'm off to read the Daily Mail then...

Yeah, I can give and take a dig when necessary. I only actually cut myself once after reading yours and Dazzybee's seering Gleensults last night - a new record! Glee is a great example of a fanbase exceeding a property and hearing nothing but praise for it. I spent the entirety of the first set of episodes enjoying the show but assuming it would be cancelled.

I think fanbases are capable of ruining anything when they get behind it in enough numbers and support it unobjectively. Glee was ripe for this and now has a Chinese army of teens and adulteens who would probably die for it.

I think a lot of purists get annoyed when a cover of a song like Don't Stop Believing obliterates the original in popularity as well. That doesn't help.

Yeah because it's that polar isn't it? One or the other.

I don't mind negative posts, but, and I'm sure scoop isn't like this, but I literally read three posts one after another on different threads which was just slagging off the DS, then the Wii then Epic Mickey... Not that constructive, just slagging them off. For me, the guy doesn't like the Wii or DS, fine, but why go on threads just to slag them?!?!

TO REITERATE. Scoop, I don't think you're necessarily like this, but how you came across.

But yeah, what a fanboy!!!

I'm just really stuck on an attitude majorly against Nintendo's current position and have generated a lot of pent up dislike toward them as a company in recent years. I used to be the ultimate Nintendo fanboy and now I find myself the polar opposite. I will try and offer more constructive criticism in future as I said before, nobody really likes a negative nancy and besides... I'm likely to be in the minority here and nobody likes to stand on their own in the playground.

Then again you could argue that in every aspect of life there will be people who dislike things you do and not be particularly shy about telling you that. I think debate is often more stimulating than discussion, especially on forums.

Could be I don't belong in this area of the forum. Time will tell.

Edited by Guy

Anyone else less interested in this game the more we learn about it?
At the moment I have to say I agree.

The visual style hasn't turned out anything like the hand drawn style I was hoping for, and I'm not really that excited by the gameplay details I've heard so far.

But I'm reserving judgement until we see something more substantial at E3, where hopefully everythings had a bit of progress/redesign.

Actually yeah that does confuse me; have I missed some news. You say the more you learn the less you like but what has been revealed since it was announced?

Plus come on, Jim Dooley! That's enough of a reason to buy it! :p

No you're right there hasn't been much news of late, but since the initial concept art... through to the first gameplay details, then more details and actually seeing screens etc... each time it isn't living up to what I imagined this game was going to be...

Which you can say I shouldn't build up expectations, but when you see such unique artwork that looked as great as it did, through to quite a generic looking 3D platformer... I was hoping for much more given the franchise and history.

But like I say, I'll wait 'til E3 to see if it's progressed, and to see some gameplay etc...

No you're right there hasn't been much news of late, but since the initial concept art... through to the first gameplay details, then more details and actually seeing screens etc... each time it isn't living up to what I imagined this game was going to be...

Which you can say I shouldn't build up expectations, but when you see such unique artwork that looked as great as it did, through to quite a generic looking 3D platformer... I was hoping for much more given the franchise and history.

But like I say, I'll wait 'til E3 to see if it's progressed, and to see some gameplay etc...

This is exactly my feeling. I think the artwork hinted at and demonstrated a side to the Disney world we all want to see but they'll never fully allow. It was hard not to get excited at what those illustrations implied the game would be like.

Wasn't the initial hype for the game all based around those moody, dark pieces of concept art?

E3 should certainly shed more light (or hopefully less if they light the screenshots more atmospherically) on the game and whether or not I'll be bothering with it.

I'm just really stuck on an attitude majorly against Nintendo's current position and have generated a lot of pent up dislike toward them as a company in recent years.

For me it's the other way around, I now have Monster Hunter on a Nintendo console, Dragon Quest is back to the home it was in through 6 installments and I am about to get a sequel to the greatest 3D platformer game I have ever played, getting a HOME CONSOLE 2D metroid game!!! A game made by the original creator of Final Fantasy, and a game from the same people that made Baten Kaitos Origin, which is still for me easily the best RPG out there.

I could also talk about the games that are out now. But I could go on with that :D

I really don't know what it is people expect from Nintendo really, so they now go for the casual audience, good for them, at least they are keeping my needs on the Wii and DS. But oh, for me to say that I must be some blind fanboy of Nintendo's. Ignore the fact I have a PS2, PSP and a 360.

I think there needs to be a bit more information released for this and Lost in Shadow. Both seem really interesting but they'll most likely become forgot about as time goes by. Kinda like Muramasa. It got the wow effect at first, but then dropped off the radar. I still need to pick it up.

For me it's the other way around, I now have Monster Hunter on a Nintendo console, Dragon Quest is back to the home it was in through 6 installments and I am about to get a sequel to the greatest 3D platformer game I have ever played, getting a HOME CONSOLE 2D metroid game!!! A game made by the original creator of Final Fantasy, and a game from the same people that made Baten Kaitos Origin, which is still for me easily the best RPG out there.

I could also talk about the games that are out now. But I could go on with that :D

I really don't know what it is people expect from Nintendo really, so they now go for the casual audience, good for them, at least they are keeping my needs on the Wii and DS. But oh, for me to say that I must be some blind fanboy of Nintendo's. Ignore the fact I have a PS2, PSP and a 360.

Shame on you for not mentioning Sin and Punishment 2.

Releasing such terrible screen shots was a huge mistake. I mean seriously, it looks like a ps2 release title. The concept art was so much better and I can see why people are so dissapointed, me included. I couldn't care for this game now, it looks so generic. It reminds me of that Rayman game at the start of last generation, Hoodlum Havok - Just with Mickey Mouse instead.

And for the record, I also like Glee :heh:

Does that make my post void!? D: