NEurope

Forza shits all over this. flamebaitpurelyforthelulz

nice lulz. Stay classy.

Auto Car will be saying just 6 will be made.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/Citroen-GT/241154/

However, only six Citroen GTs will be made, all with a price tag believed to be around £1.1 million pounds.

Designed by Takumi Yamamoto, the concept was originally built to tie in with the Gran Turismo 5 Playstation game.

However a senior Citroen source said that most of the concept’s features should make the final production version, including the carbon-fibre construction and eccentric interior details such as the copper trim.

One question mark remaining though is what motor the mid-engined GT will be powered by.

Besson has already admitted that it will either be a Ford or GM V8, with at least 500bhp, possibly allied to a paddle-shift manual 'box.

The engine source and final technical details are likely to be announced when the final production version is revealed at the Frankfurt motor show in September.

£1.1 million. Whos gonna buy that? Abramovich?

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

If I were paying £1.1M (You could buy 3 Zondas for that!) for a car, I sure as hell wouldn't want a Citroen badge anywhere near it. Unless there was a Citroen van delivering it, and even then I would expect a discount.

If I were paying £1.1M (You could buy 3 Zondas for that!) for a car, I sure as hell wouldn't want a Citroen badge anywhere near it. Unless there was a Citroen van delivering it, and even then I would expect a discount.

Because there are only 6 i think the rarity value puts the value over the top. Citroen will push this car as much as they can. Its given them so much publicity lol.

I would prefer if a GT Ferrari or something gets made :p

£100 for a steering wheel that essentially does the same thing as my Mario Kart Wii Wheel? No thanks.

Hahahahahaha

you best be trolling

Because there are only 6 i think the rarity value puts the value over the top. Citroen will push this car as much as they can. Its given them so much publicity lol.

I would prefer if a GT Ferrari or something gets made :p

True and I can see why people would pay it, but that sort of money usually goes on prestige cars or cars with an expensive badge on it. All you'd have to say to an owner of one of those rare beasts would be "Citroen eh? Didn't they make the 2CV?" to remove all sense of prestige, heritage or "show off-ery" from that car.

I'd take 2 Zondas and keep the change. I'd have the second Zonda fitted with disabled controls so I could still drive it when I inevitably crash the first one.

For the record, 2CVs are awesome, just not the stuff of millionaires.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article6688804.ece

Clarkson had a T-shirt with an offensive word when Polyphony met him lol.

jeremy-clarkson-offensive-tshirt.jpg

But then, equally inevitably, out came the cameras. Many hand signals suggested they wanted me to pose with their head honcho and, of course, I obliged. It would have been rude to say no. But not, as it turns out, half as rude as appearing in the firm’s promotional material in a T-shirt bearing the worst word in the world. Which is what’s happened.

Is GT5 coming out this year? Maybe? Possibly?

Don’t tell anyone, but GTPlanet has learned the tentative release date for Gran Turismo 5 through an unofficial but extremely reliable source. Since the date has not been officially published and Sony could still change it at their leisure, we will not be saying anything specific to keep from eating an unhealthy dose of crow. What we can say, however, is that a 2009 release is almost certain, and the much-publicized Amazon.com date of December 29, 2009 is incorrect. As it stands at the moment, it is likely the official date will be announced at GamesCom Cologne during Sony’s August 18th press conference. Stay tuned for more information, and remember: he’s making a list and checking it twice…

GT Planet

I want a Veyron but I don't want the game on crapping UMD. What a load of shite.

Edit: Sorry, should be in the GT PSP thread.

Edited by Daft

I want a Veyron but I don't want the game on crapping UMD. What a load of shite.

Edit: Sorry, should be in the GT PSP thread.

Simple solution to this ;)

Lets wait for details first though.

I was literally coming into this thread to ask "What are the chances of GT5 having a Veyron?"

That and a Koeniggsegg are what I'd like to see most from what isn't already announced.

Could we see GT5 this year? Eurogamer points to a yes.

Gran Turismo 5 will feature a massive 1000 vehicles, according to information reportedly posted on the official Polyphony Digital website, and should be released this year according to a gamescom brochure.

GTPlanet apparently got hold of the Polyphony website information while it was live (thanks 1UP), and reports that the game also boasts more than 20 tracks in more than 60 layouts.

Meanwhile, Sony was reportedly handing out brochures at gamescom listing the game for release in Q4 2009.

The translated Japanese information also lists game modes accessible through the menus, mentions custom soundtrack support, and reveals that 170 of the 1000 vehicles will have full interior modelling.

Apparently GT5 will also include various hybrid and electric vehicles, including the latest Tesla. Vrrooom. Or, rather, not.

Digital Foundry caught up with Gran Turismo 5 at gamescom last week and took a look at its damage modelling, concluding that it's still a bit of a work in progress.

Hopefully we'll hear more about the ambitious racer at the Tokyo Game Show in September, where Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai is giving the event's keynote speech.

I've only just found out in the last few days that this was player at gamescom when they talked about it on listen up! If it turns out that it is out this year which is a bit mental I think I will cancel my PSP preorder can't see myself playing two GT games so close to each other.

I've only just found out in the last few days that this was player at gamescom when they talked about it on listen up! If it turns out that it is out this year which is a bit mental I think I will cancel my PSP preorder can't see myself playing two GT games so close to each other.

If you want the best and most accurate GT news keep an eye on gtplanet.net

I hope its this year but GT PSP should also keep me entertained. GT5 is going to be insane.

Didnt realise that the race driver found on GT academy won a race recently. Proof videogames can teach you real life skills :p

119qej6.jpg

GranTurismo5_PS3_Edit004.jpg

GranTurismo5_PS3_Edit003.jpg

GranTurismo5_PS3_Edit005.jpg

Alot of people are going to want that car lol.

Edited by Choze

Hmm more and more dates keep appearing up at retails saying December, could this be a nice Sony Christmas surprise? I sure hope so :D

I've cancelled my GT PSP order...there are tons of games out within that week/2 weeks and with this closer that I was even beginning to imagine even if it slips into next year. Nothing against the PSP version but just can't see myself playing 2 of them and would rather have the PS3 version.

I've cancelled my GT PSP order...there are tons of games out within that week/2 weeks and with this closer that I was even beginning to imagine even if it slips into next year. Nothing against the PSP version but just can't see myself playing 2 of them and would rather have the PS3 version.

I am getting both. But yeah GT5 is just something else. The new Tokyo vids are mindboggling.

I hope its this year. It could easily be next year though. Either way its win win. I hope i have free time. Loved doing the long races too.

GT5 this year - believe it baby.

Wonder if this will get us playing online? :wtf:

Possibly!

But can anything beat the days of burnout? And an another note can this be as good as burnout...

Is the face sensor really confirmed? or was it just for the shop car showcase? It sounds too good to be true.

Possibly!

But can anything beat the days of burnout? And an another note can this be as good as burnout...

Interms of actual racing GT5P is much stronger. You have beginner to tough races and plenty of millisecond finishes. Burnout had other cool stuff like stunts and missions type stuff.