NEurope

Thanks! Missed this.

There is an even nicer vid on the official GT website: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/tv/d10559.html

You can download to PS3 from there too. The Ferrari Italia is sure a nice car!

Rumours are that its release date is March worldwide as retailers are updating to that.

Here is the italia:

11l4kck.jpg

OMG! The first pic I could not tell what was game and what was real! O_O Had to look at the logo on the pics to tell. Choze's pics....i just give up ::shrug:

Forget the pics. Check out the 457 Italia trailer: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/tv/d10559.html

Blowout tommrow at TGS i think. I hope release date is Christmas but its looking unlikely now with retailers changing to March 2010 :(

Bad news Choze.

Only 65% of the game is done so far.

Edit - Japanese date is March 2010

Bad news Choze.

Only 65% of the game is done so far.

Edit - Japanese date is March 2010

bad . But I'd rather they spend as much time as they like.

I suppose the positive spin I can take from this release date, is that I won't miss it's release and most active online modes.

media?id=3764637&type=lg

The folks over at Gran Turismo fansite GTPlanet happened upon an intriguing bit of info this morning: At least one version of Gran Turismo 5 may be shipping with up to three discs.

Kazunori Yamauchi appeared in a recent Mercedes-Benz promotional video, where an observant tipster noticed the Gran Turismo creator fiddling with the box that's pictured above. No, that's not a Lost DVD box set in Kazunori's hands -- it's the packaging for Gran Turismo 5, which, curiously, features three separate blu-ray cases inside a larger sleeve.

It's entirely possible that this is simply a premium, collector's edition bundle with bonus videos and other added content. Then again, Gran Turismo 5 sounds like it'll be one of the most utterly massive racing games to date -- including 1,000 cars with fully-modeled cockpit views, 60 tracks, and a totally revamped physics model. Forza 3 will be shipping on multiple DVDs next week; could Polyphony Digital's driving simulator be one of the first PlayStation 3 games to vastly exceed the storage limits of blu-ray?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176572

I find a track editor unlikely given practically all previous rumours turned out untrue.

edit: The only source is some new unknown website.

Good feature. If it was confirmed or not, I can't remember, but.. head tracking with the PSEye?

Yeah alot of the past stuff was false too because of various reasons. We had other more grounded revelations instead.

Still, waaay too expensive for what it is and considering what could be gotten for that much cash.

I disagree. When I was 15 I saved up money for absolutely fucking ages and bought a force feedback steering wheel for about £80 which was a shitload at the time, and it was worth it. £99 for a G25 is crazy cheap.

GT5 is the only game that would make me buy a PS3

Well the Speed challenge is going to be professional only. So you will probably need a steering wheel to rank high. EU get a different thing but I think the track (Indianapolis Motor Speedway) and car will be the same.

nws12605770100714861.jpg

The demo was specifically designed for this competition to showcase the realism of the brand-new physics engine and to challenge players’ driving skills using professional driving physics and many of the driving assists disabled. The full Gran Turismo 5 will feature multiple driving assists and various settings that can be changed to make the game easier or more challenging and realistic.

The Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial Challenge will allow players to compete in two time trial events with stock and tuned versions of the Nissan 370Z, on a special road course layout of the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The player with the fastest combined lap time for both time trial events will win VIP packages to the 2010 Indianapolis 500® Mile Race next May, with one winner chosen from the US and one from Canada.

Each winner will receive round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations for two (winner and guest) to attend the 2010 Indianapolis 500® Mile Race, a.k.a. the Indy 500®, in May. Each winner will also receive a VIP package that includes two all-access passes for Carb Day® (final Indy 500® practice, pit stop competition, special concert festivities, special event car rides in a 2010 Indy 500® event vehicle), all-access passes to the garage, pit area, and Victory Lane for pre- and post-race celebrations for the race, and two VIP suite tickets to enjoy the race.

From experience this is going to be tough.

Edited by Choze