NEurope

It's a global delay. This has been one fucked up end of year for Sony..

How so?

New date will be given end of this month. I find it nice that they still care about the game more than the date. Its better for us.

Edited by Choze

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Choze. Sony are sorted. This quarter is absolutely loaded with Third Party games, it's obscene. Let the First Party gold come out the beginning half of next year.

Sure it's annoying but something was going to give if it came out. Now it doesn't.

What the.

I don't mind it being delayed but seriously, why give a release date, especially since this has had more than one release date, if it's going to be delayed?

They should take a page from the makers of Guild Wars 2, 'It will be released when it's finished!'

Guild Wars 2 is fairly early so far compared to GT5. GT5 only ever had one release date which was only given at e3, and this is the first actual delay. I think this a problem that comes with some developers. Zipper, MM and Polyphony obviously are not the type of developers who rush stuff out.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/10/13/gt5-delay-decision-was-made-yesterday/

“We’re really close, but this was an executive decision that was made yesterday,” Imasaki said. “Realistically,” he continued, “we thought we had a good date. We’re not happy over here.”

The Times says that Imasaki is “is shooting for it to be out by the holidays” and that we “won’t see too much more delay.” These comments don’t sound particularly concrete to me, the producer not committing to a specific date suggests there’s a little more work to be done to the game before it’s ready.

Discussion is floating around this evening that Sony might be wanting to ensure firmware 3.50 is required for the game, locking out potential piracy. There’s no evidence to support this, but the New York Times suggests another theory: that the company might not have “sufficient supplies of the game to meet demand”.

Edited by Choze

New date: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/11/12/gt5-release-announcement/

Today I am delighted to confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will be released in the PAL markets on Wednesday 24th November.

Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo shared the following thoughts on what has been an epic and challenging development process.

“Gran Turismo 5 is an ambitious project, with challenges and complexities which have made it our version of the Apollo Space Programme! When we created the original Gran Turismo back in 1997, we wanted to set a completely new precedent for the racing genre. With the technological leap onto PlayStation 3, our objective with GT5 was to create another great revolution which would not only satisfy our own high expectations, but would meet or even exceed the anticipation of the fans. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts, which is why it was such a difficult decision to delay the release of the game, and one which we did not take lightly. I can only apologise to everyone for making you wait so long, and I hope that when you try out the wealth of driving experiences available in Gran Turismo 5, you will not be disappointed.”

Alongside today’s confirmation of the date (finally)… I can also share with you the full car and track list. Check out PlayStation.com shortly. Amongst the car list you will see some exhilarating debutants to the GT virtual garage including the Bugatti and Lamborghini, whilst amongst the tracks you will see some familiar favourites including the Mazda Laguna Seca track, and Trial Mountain alongside new tracks such as the Madrid city track and Cape Ring.

Check out below a trailer that celebrates one of the features that we hope will make your GT experience that little bit more engrossing – a virtual garage of over 1000 cars!

5168859917_87f44b3dd8_b.jpg

I wanna go to a midnight launch for this. I'm not sure if any of my friends would want to, though :(

Track List

Car List

Edited by MadDog

I'll probably get the collectors edition. The book looks really good, would be very handy, perfecting those set ups :)

I'll probably get the collectors edition. The book looks really good, would be very handy, perfecting those set ups :)

Same here the PS1 games had excellent driving manuals. The APex book looks to build on that and is part encyclopedia.

Here is a shitty SCEE advert: http://urbanfashion.pl/gt5ad.jpg

2yowg0m.jpg

2a7v6lz.gif

Edited by Choze

So thats Need for Speed Hot Pursuit next week and Gran Turismo the following week. I'm gonna be doing a lot of driving with you lot soon!!! I'll just get the standard edition as you'll get all the set up info online.

Edited by Cookyman

So thats Need for Speed Hot Pursuit next week and Gran Turismo the following week. I'm gonna be doing a lot of driving with you lot soon!!! I'll just get the standard edition as you'll get all the set up info online.

Suppose so. It's what i do for F1 2010. Stuff like camber etc. i'm not actually 100% sure what it is/does, and it's something i'm quite into. The book has alot of appeal to me.

yamauchi-discs.gif

Kazunori Yamauchi (pictured above hand-pressing each and every GT5 disc himself!)

He's printing them on cds :confused: Knowing him he could probably make it fit.

Night/Day transition

Stunt Arenas

32 player online lobbies

16 player online races

Spectator mode

Dynamic Weather

200+ PS4 cars and 800 standard cars

Nascar license

WRC license

Super GT license

Rolling and damage

1st person walkabout photo mode

18MegaPixel photomode

Stereoscopic 3D photos

YouTube uploading

1080p

PS Eye headtracking

Motion controls

HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic 3D @ 60fps

Split-screen

Track Generator

Custom track sharing

Best graphics in any driving game (lighting, physics driven smoke, attention to detail..etc)

Real life tracks recreated in maddening quality (up to 2 year dev times)

20+ locations with 70+ variations

PSP Connectivity

Go karts to Rally to classics to sport to Drag car, ordinary cars...etc etc etc

Animated drivers, handling and gear shifts, pit crews, tire changes etc

Custom soundtrack

Text and Voice chat

Narrative involvement by popular drivers and Top Gear crew

Top Gear Test Track

Open free-form Track Days

GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode

Profile pages

In-game (bulletin-board) message boards

Gran Turismo Video store (Top Gear Show has 350+ million viewers)

I was going to bold the best bits, then I realised there are no bad bits, so I ended up emphasising it all!

GT Life (career mode, this time with earth map and real time clock) & Arcade mode

About time another game did that. It surprises me that there hasn't been a racing game that uses it since MSR.

Think I'll get this after payday when I can afford a decent wheel to play it with.

Hmmmm, might hold off on Assassins Creed Brotherhood for this. Hoping to get a full HDTV for Christmas too, should compliment each other well.

Woo! Now the Hype Machine has kicked in, I've cancelled my pre-order for the standard version and gone for the Collector's Edition.

screenshot20101113at152.png

Is it really worth going for the collector's edition? I ask because I'm getting this as a late birthday present.

Is it really worth going for the collector's edition? I ask because I'm getting this as a late birthday present.
If it's a birthday present, why not?