NEurope

What car is it on the front? I'm not amazed by the box art to be perfectly honest.

I'm pretty sure it was merged, some footage was game, some wasn't. The start and end were deffo real life.

Fucking delayed - I'm gutted! :weep:

joystiq.com

Sony announced that the Japanese release of Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed from its unspecified March date to an undecided future date, to be announced later. Sony apologized for the inconvenience, citing some kind of "circumstances" around the release date. No concrete information was provided about what exactly caused this drastic move.

Things seemed to be looking up for Gran Turismo 5 for a while. Sony announced a March release for Japan and a tentative summer release for North America, sent out a very popular demo, and even revealed the North American box art design. But this latest move suggests that Polyphony's latest racer may not be as close to the finish line as expected.

As long as it's this year I don't care.

I'll settle for it being this decade!

I don't care.

I'd agree with this part. I will probably get it though.

As long as it doesn't take as long as the GT psp took to come out I'll be happy.

I'm scraping around 1:40.000 in GT5 Academy Demo but just can't quite get a perfect enough lap to beat it. I'm ranked about 8,200 which I feel is a pretty decent effort! How is everyone else getting on? This is the only game I want this year because I know it will comsume my entire life. I missed both PS2 versions of GT because I never owned one but I finished 1 and 2 from start to finish so I can't wait to get back into it again 10 years later.

I managed a 1.41.3 but after the lap thought I couldn't really do much better without trying a hell of a lot. Well done to you sir.

Since I am here, I may as ask a quick question...is GTportable worth getting? My PSP is collecting dust so thought I might give it a bit of love soon...but only problem is there are no games I want to really play on it :heh:

On other note, how many hours have most of you guys spent on a GT game? my brothers and I spent a fair few hours on GT3 (Never bought GT4)

In a word I have heard that it is crap. And wasn't worth the 5 or so years waiting time. As for me my most time was spent on GT 2. Played 4 for a bit but didn't really like it.

Can you still buy bucket seats and a frame to attach the wheel and pedals?

Oh my fucking god just bring out the game already I think I jizzed a little!!! :laughing:

Edited by Cookyman

I'd rather they take their time. :grin: HD version of new trailer on the gran turismo website.

Probably the worst GT5 trailer yet :p

Looks insane on the other hand. Rome looks pretty. I like how they modelled the inside parts of the coliseum.

GT5 News

Gran Turismo 5 will feature over 1000 cars, the most ever in the series. It’s a collection of the hottest and most desirable cars from around the world, both past and present.

There are two tiers of cars in Gran Turismo 5--Premium cars and Standard cars The differences between the two are as follows:

PREMIUM CARS: From the seductive curves of exotic sports cars, to the inviting sight of the road ahead when you slide into the driver’s seat and peer past the glass, down to the intricately detailed instrument panel and dashboard... Every one of the over 200 premium cars recreate every last detail of the car, inside and out.

Gran Turismo 5 contains over 200 of these "Premium" level cars.

STANDARD CARS: The massive lineup of cars from past Gran Turismo games has been beautifully recreated through the latest technology and the Playstation 3’s cutting-edge graphics.

Gran Turismo 5 feature an astounding 800+ cars, a vast collection covering a wide range of eras and categories.

Standard Video

KCOCw.jpg