Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Left 4 Dead 2

Shorty

I played the demo really liked it. But I'm going to sit on this for awhile since I've still got to get through: Crysis Warhead, Bioshock, Obilivion 4 and Mass effect. Still I haven't played the first one like with COD MW. So I might end up in a step backwards complex if I try to play L4D after.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-gets-an-nes-de-make-155375.phtml

What you are no doubt watching right now, as you're reading this, is in fact a playable game. PixelForce, which mainly consists of a single person named Eric Ruth, brought it upon themselves to de-make Left 4 Dead.

Ruth hopes to get this game out for our enjoyment as a free download around January 4. All five maps of all four campaigns plus the entire cast of Special Infected will be present, believe it or not.

Easily the best part of this demonstration is the Boomer having everything from his waist up blown to smithereens; it's going to be neat to see the other SI in low-res form, for sure.

All in all, it's looking like a cool little project. Admittedly, I think the zombie reaction times are a bit on the slow side, but otherwise I dug what I saw wholeheartedly.

^ A few reviews have brought up that issue. Seems they were unable to pin the frame rate on the 360 version as it takes a hit when the screen fills up with effects and zombies. Strange considering the first one didn't really suffer the problem from what I remember.

I'm having to hide my money, literally, so I don't buy this. I have the money but I really shouldn't be buying it as I need the money for other things and have Borderlands, A Boy And His Blob, and Dragon Age: Origins on the go at the same time.

What framerate issues?

There seems to be quite a lot of instant death spots in verses. I managed to charge two people off a building in the first level.

Some of us are what is called lag, a ridiculous amount too, it means that when your playing online mode you'll suddenly jump towards a wall or not be able to see.

Fustrating really.

Ive played a decent amount of this now.

The first campaign i was unsure how to take it since i didn't like what you had to do in the last area, it felt like it messed with the pace of the game a little for me (as a seperate mode it seems ok, just it didn't feel right in the campaign imo) However i loved the second chaper, easily the best ive played so far on both games.

I like the new additions they have added as well.

Edit: Oh and i have not noticed any lag ingame as yet. I have noticed the campaigns awhile to load though.

Edited by Mike1988uk
Added text

Some of us are what is called lag, a ridiculous amount too, it means that when your playing online mode you'll suddenly jump towards a wall or not be able to see.

Fustrating really.

I played the original today and I experienced some bad lag for the first time since I got it a few months ago. Maybe the servers had a blip or something.

Fustrating really.

What server type are you playing on? With dedicated servers some of my friends have a lot of lag and disconnections, but we had no problems on a local server (or whatever they call it).

What server type are you playing on? With dedicated servers some of my friends have a lot of lag and disconnections, but we had no problems on a local server (or whatever they call it).

We tried dedicated/local everything, the only time it doesn't lag for me and my friends (playing on different connections I may add) is when we play single player.

I'm hoping it gets sorted soon.

Its definately been fixed, was a couple of days ago.

After having chance to play, I'm slightly disappointed in the infected, too many special infected which makes them so bloody common, espcially chargers.

I do like the campaigns though, dark carnival being my favourite, I quite like hard rain but its just a pain if you don't have a good team because they disappear on you very quickly.

Honestly I'm not that interested in this — not a slight against its quality, the original simply never grabbed me like I thought it would — but as it's currently (mis)priced as £15 over at Tesco Entertainment I figured it was worth a shot. There's every chance they'll cancel the orders before dispatch, but you've nothing to lose should you be in the market for the game.

Honestly I'm not that interested in this — not a slight against its quality, the original simply never grabbed me like I thought it would — but as it's currently (mis)priced as £15 over at Tesco Entertainment I figured it was worth a shot. There's every chance they'll cancel the orders before dispatch, but you've nothing to lose should you be in the market for the game.

I ordered one, I'll see if I get it.

I doubt that's mispriced since it's not been fixed by today, and it's on the front page of 360 releases. Thanks to Dan Dare for texting me about this deal, I just bought it :D 8% quidco and 30 clubcard points to boot!

After playing the demo I wasn't completely convinced but at this price how can you say no :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!