N-Europe

Tournament of Legends (Gladiator A.D)

Dante

Thinks you're all overexaggerating a bit. It's got left to right, right to left and overhead. That's three. Heavy and light. That's six. Three different angles per side-swing. That's 12. Plus parry, dodge and block. Plus finishers. And the promise of it not looking mechanical. Seems ample to me.

Yes it has more than 3 attacks but it's 3 "types" of attack that seems limited... no thrusting, grabbing or throwing etc is a little of a let down, especially a thrust motion... I want to stab as well as slash! Haha.

However, regardless of how sceptical I sound, it's on my radar because of HVS's attitude toward creating games. They've impressed me with how they really listened to feedback from gamers themselves to create The Conduit!

Edited by Kav

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..is there something wrong with me?

I admire the amount of effort High Voltage Software are putting into their games and I wish more developers would do the same.. but I'm finding it impossible to get excited about this or The Conduit :hmm:

I'm really hoping the next unveiling is more to my liking.. and that comment from Matt raises my hopes further :smile:

Personally, I think this could turn out pretty well. It's different to what's out there, and I think High Voltage are just aiming in giving Wii owners some variety. There aren't a lot of shooters, racers or fighters on the Wii, so there's always room for expansion in these areas.

..is there something wrong with me?

I admire the amount of effort High Voltage Software are putting into their games and I wish more developers would do the same.. but I'm finding it impossible to get excited about this or The Conduit :hmm:

I'm really hoping the next unveiling is more to my liking.. and that comment from Matt raises my hopes further :smile:

I'm with you.

I don't think this'll be anything like any game we (the plural "I") know. Tactics will play a huge part, and I expect set pieces with carriages and team brawls and the like.

Really, really don't understand how some people aren't hyped. This'll be like The Gladiator, but, you know, without the scrotum.

I don't think this'll be anything like any game we (the plural "I") know. Tactics will play a huge part, and I expect set pieces with carriages and team brawls and the like.

Really, really don't understand how some people aren't hyped. This'll be like The Gladiator, but, you know, without the scrotum.

I don't think we watched the same movie.

You know, Russell Crowe...

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14350710/gladiator-ad/videos/gladiator_trl_extremeviolence_52609.html

Trailer over at IGN. For my own part, I think that any doubts surrounding whether or not they have successfully captured the atmosphere are hereby removed (or should be). What it does do however, is raise questions with regard to the gameplay itself, which seems to be some sort of over-the-shoulder-cam, locked or not in horizontal axis at all times (hope not).

Looks to be more of a montage than actual gameplay. And the animations are far from blocky, that's beyond subjectivity if you ask me.

Big ass lol at all the "needs to be less generic" comments across fora.

Better trailer, but still don't think it's my type of game.

Are some of the character models too over detailed or something, is that why they appear kinda pixelated.

They really need to get the colluseums/arena's packed full of atmosphere.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!