NEurope
Nintendohnut

Top Ten Favourite "Things"

Salmon? Nice. I always think Salmon is the king of fish. Its so....rich and makes you feel wealthy when you eat it.

1. Funny

Lol laughter is massive lolz, and I love it when people make me laugh big style, and I feel nice when people laugh at me so I feel nice all the time. And I like it when other people have catchphrases, and I like my phases of catchphrases. Currently "LEDGE"

2. Invincible/Robert Kirkman.

The greatest comic book writer to ever walk the planet. In 60 issues he has made me so intertwined and so obsessed with his universe that it is on my mind almost constantly.

3. Internet

I love teh internet. Is is basically anything and everything you can want, and you can make very strong friendships, and talk to people you wouldn't normally talk to. Even meet people half the world away! Crazy.

Nice.

Ah, guess I just have to do this now too. No real order to this one either. =P

Flinky: yeah, he just has to be on my list (and not just because he put me on his, haha). Have had some great moments together already, many adventures we've been on, and I think there will be many more to follow. Able to make me smile and I can be myself with him (which means I get to act silly, wheeeeee!). =D

Family/friends: ahhh, where would I be without my family? Probably lying in a gutter somewhere, heh. They are my support, even though they probably don't know it. They might be a bit annoying at times (especially my youngest sister), but I wouldn't want to miss them for the world! And of course the same goes for friends. I don't have many friends in real life, but I am grateful for the few I have. And online friends, I value those a lot too of course! Love you guys! ^____^

Food: oh god, how I love food! I seriously could not live without yummy foods! Well obviously you need food, but I mean all those yummy things like pasta, pizza, chips, chocolate, cakes, ice cream... Mmmmmmmm. Yes, food is awesome. I love it muchly!

Games: gaaaaaaaaaames rock! Seriously couldn't think of my life without games in there somewhere. Grew up with them and I hope I can continue to play them throughout my life. They bring me joy! They bring me frustration! They bring me satisfaction! Goooooooo games! =D

Choooons: ah yes, music. I think most people here love to listen to some good tunes. Music can bring me all sorts of emotions really. I don't really have a particular genre or artist I listen to most of the time, I just listen to lots of different things. Music = :heart:.

Art: my passion! Since I was little I already loved to draw lines on a paper or colour in different things. And I kept doing it over the years and the love for it never went away. My love for it is so strong that I aim to do it for the rest of my life and become an illustrator. That's currently my main goal in life I think. If I can achieve that I will be happy. =)

Nature: another passion of mine, since I was a child. Always had a huge fascination for animals and nature in general. Grew up with lots of pets and loved reading about nature (had a subscription to a children's magazine on nature, and a couple of years ago also one for National Geographic) and just going outside and look at things. Still enjoy doing that, just sitting outside and listening to the birds and smelling the flowers. =D

If I can't become an illustrator I'd love to do something with nature or animals instead!

Sleep: mmmmm sleep. If I had the option I would sleep for hours and hours and hours. I love sleeping. It just feels great to be in bed, all nice and warm. Especially when you don't have to be up at a certain time so you can just turn over again and fall asleep again. Even better during Winter, when you know it's cold in your room but under the covers it's so cosy! Oh and of course sleeping with the arms of your favourite person wrapped around you is yay! ^____^

Hugs/huggles/cuddles/snuggles: I love allllll of these! Lots and lots of affection makes me melttttt! I wish I could live on just hugs, seriously. Can't get enough of them! Hugs for everyone! =D

Shower: showers are great! For me they're a quick and easy way to just relax for a bit. In the shower I'm usually able to clear my head and not think about a single thing, which is great (as I am stressed out a lot, heh)! Plus a nice warm shower during Winter, or a cooler shower after you've gone all sweaty from some exercise (or just from sitting in the sun) is such a great feeling!

all these couples mentioning eachouther, makes a guy feel kinda ill.

it was either "jamba" or "sex" ~ i went for the family friendly version. :smile:

all these couples mentioning eachouther, makes a guy feel kinda ill.

Chris, if I could list my top 11, you would be there. Alas, you lost out to Salmon.

And ReZ, it really is the king of the fish.

In no particular order -

My Housemates - There's the shy, quiet, handsome one, the manly, angry welsh one and the sexy, kooky girlie one. I'm the eccentric one with all the best one-liners. They are the greatest housemates have I ever had and will ever have.

Benjamin Zephaniah and his poetry - The anger. The politics. The sense of identity. The rhythm. The raw, individual energy behind everything he writes. He is the adopted poetic voice of my generation. He's also a six foot four Rastafarian and has an amazing bod. Man crush - I has it.

Barack Obama - My other man crush - he makes me proud to call myself "liberal" and makes me believe it's actually possible to make it in politics without being a twat.

The Grandstand theme tune - Crank this up to eleven:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Now tell me you aren't buzzing and bouncing around like a loon too.

Formula One (and Murray Walker especially) - I've been in love with the sport since before I could even appreciate what a car was, and thanks in no small part to the endlessly energetic and breathless style of the voice of F1 himself, Murray Waker. Gawd bless you goven'r.

The works of Osamu Tezuka - Spiritual and thought provoking, his work more then anything has made consider myself and the world I live in. A voice that will echo down the ages, manga has not yet found anyone to replace it's benevolent godfather.

BBC Radio 6 - Ever wondered what Radio 1 would be like if they actually played a wide range of half decent music for once? You don't have to.

"Quiet City" by Aaron Copland - An astounding work of unparalleled beauty, I have found solace in times of crisis in this one piece of music many times. The refrain of English horn and oboe will always haunt my dreams.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Starwing - The one and only game I have ever truly "pwned" at. Many a long hours was spent perfecting my escape from sector X. I made it all the way to the last level on the medium course with the same super-shield. Suck that bitches.

Last Action Hero - Honest to god, this is a film of genuine cinematic quality and philosophical worth. The crazy action and classic Arnie moments are merely the icing.

Edited by gaggle64

The Grandstand theme tune - Crank this up to eleven:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Now tell me you aren't buzzing and bouncing around like a loon too.

I've always preferred the F1 opening myself:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Football

Some people go on and on (and on) about how mind-numbingly boring it is to watch and how they hate it, then mention how they don't mind a kick-about with mates now and then. Makes me laugh.

Aston Villa Football Club

We haven't had much to cheer about, and we've not won a major trophy since 1996. But whether Villa are the European Champions beating Bayern Munich and Barcelona (again) or are languishing in League Two playing against Macclesfield Town and Darlington, I'll still be getting behind the team and have a deep passion for the club.

I'm Villa 'til I am killed, y'see.

Rock Music

I wanna rock! ROCK!

I wanna rock! ROCK!

I want to rock! ROCK!

I wanna rock! ROCK!

Turn it down you say,

Well all I gotta say to you, time and time again I say "NO!" (NO!)

No no, no no, no!

Tell me not to play,

Well all I got say to you when you tell me not to play I say "NO!" (NO!)

No no, no no, no!

So, if you ask me why I like the way I play it.

There's only one thing I can say to you:

I wanna rock! ROCK!

I wanna rock! ROCK!

I want to rock! ROCK!

I wanna rock! ROCK!

Food

Tastes good, yo.

Guitar-ing

There's something so good about learning a song you really like on guitar. Or a riff is immense fun to play.

Decent anime that isn't up to its eyeballs in tasteless, unnecessary nudity and girls with big boobs etc.

Like that narrows it down. Oh, wait, it does...check my anime collection.

All I can think of for now.

1. / nando /

2. Wii Fit

3. Fish!

4. Fresh Food!

5. Cooking / Baking

6. Walking my dogs

7. My Dogs in general

8. Driving

9. My Daddy

10. The Summer!

No particular order except The Simpsons at the top. :)

1. The Simpsons

I grew up with The Simpsons ever since I was 4/5 I've been watching it. :) I love watching it and nothing beats the Golden Era. (Season 1-8) It is brilliant. I still look forward to the new episodes to this day. :yay:

I'm constantly annoying people about my simpsons trivia/quotes.

Yep I've never been in a world with out The Simpsons, it has taught me so much. :p

2. Food

Food is just too good. There is nothing more I like than eating be it a proper meal or just a tasty inbetween snack. I'm constantly eating and I love it.

3. My Laptop/The Internet

Without it I'd be lost now. The computer provides me with a variety of entertainment and the internet is just too fun. I didn't have it for a day once... admittedly I got more things done.

4. Tortilla Wraps/Pitta Bread

The all time greatest lunch snacks. Shove anything you want in there and get munching for the taste experience of your life.

5. My Family

my most important thing in my life. They provide me with so much!

6. Music

A recent love but ever since 2007 I have not been able to stop listening to all sorts of genres. No matter what it is I'll give it a try. :yay:

7. Arrested Development

As recent as last month but I instantly fell in love with it. Brilliantly funny and just makes me smile thinking about it.

8. Videogames

My first love and it is strong today as ever. I've been playing games as young as 3 I've. I remember playing Rainbow Island/Batman/and this educational clown game in my house on this old computer we had. Also next door had a Sega megadrive so I often played that.

I seriously got into games with Pokemon Red and my Gameboy Colour and then since then I've road the Nintendo Train only recently veering of slightly to get a 360 as I wanted my gaming needs to be catered from all angles.

Nothing like a good videogame to get immersed into.

9. Anime/cartoons in general

I just love the animation style and the stories in anime. It is burst full of imagination where else do you get a soda can who turns into a magical girl who can hurl melons? :p

Same with Other animation Disney movies are magical. Pixar are brilliant and I love all these CGI efforts of different people. Equally I love other cartoons such as South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama etc.

Also old cartoons/ new ones. I love animation! :D

10. Friends

I don't have many. But the friends I do have and happened to stumble into a friendship with are really good to me and I have fun when with them/talking to them. :grin:

1 'BAM 'BAM

2 Family

3 Liverpool FC

4 Nintendo

5 Childhood Memories

6 Doggies

7 Playing Football

8 Great Food

9 Being able to relax with no worries

10 A refreshing drink when you really need one (scraping the barrel.. :heh:)

The most magical buttons makes the top of the list while everything else is in no particular order : peace: ..that entry represents everything about my absolute favourite thing ever, or the whole list would be about her :yay:

Football

Some people go on and on (and on) about how mind-numbingly boring it is to watch and how they hate it, then mention how they don't mind a kick-about with mates now and then. Makes me laugh.

The concept of "Footie" with all the overpaid players and screaming fans etc I don't get, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy playing the actual game, sans fame and bloat.

It's not like whenever anyone plays football, you're in the same situation as the professional players.

I don't see how "professional" football and the basics of the game can even be compared/considered the same.

I HATE professional football. The players get paid insane amounts to kick a football, and most of them can't even do it that well.

But then I do enjoy a kick around every so often, despite my skills being non-existant.

see, i hate footy, but if your gonna call player over priced then you have to count actors the same way, i mean, they get millions for pretending to be some one. its just the same thing as footballers

see, i hate footy, but if your gonna call player over priced then you have to count actors the same way, i mean, they get millions for pretending to be some one. its just the same thing as footballers

Well incidentally, I think most celebrities earn FAR too much.

I mean, there's a few genuinely extremely talented people that deserve the salary they get. But they aren't celebrities, they're artists.

I would say something here about how hard it is to become a pro footballer, and that you'd only be doing it for 20 years 'til you retire and you'd have to decide what to do for the rest of your life, which is something many ex-footballers find hard to get used to, and a whole bunch of other stuff that most people don't know about professional footie and ought to so they don't come across as ignorant and stupid (Bit like the letters you'd read in newspapers.).

But I really can't be arsed. You wouldn't read it anyway. :hmm:

I would say something here about how hard it is to become a pro footballer, and that you'd only be doing it for 20 years 'til you retire and you'd have to decide what to do for the rest of your life, which is something many ex-footballers find hard to get used to, and a whole bunch of other stuff that most people don't know about professional footie and ought to so they don't come across as ignorant and stupid (Bit like the letters you'd read in newspapers.).

But I really can't be arsed. You wouldn't read it anyway. :hmm:

It's hard to get to be successful in a lot of careers in life. :heh:

All I'll say about the amount of money in football is just this:

Football was becoming more and more lucrative and an easy way to make money and advertise your business over the last 40 years, and it all exploded in the 90s with the creation of the Premier League, Sky TV's television deals and the arrival of greedy businessmen.

The Premier League is shown in countries all over the world and some of England's clubs are the world's most famous clubs. Just how much money do you think a company would pay to have their name on the front of Manchester United's shirt? Fookin' millions, that's what.

It's a victim of its own success.