NEurope

Having not played Rayman on Wii or 360, I'm quite impressed with it :blush: Graphics/3d/music all lovely I thought.

I love Rayman Origins on the Wii, but while the demo here looks really good, the controls feel stiff, and as everything's been compressed for the 3DS' screen, the characters and the world seem really far away. Disappointing then, but I hope those who've not played the game beforehand, haven't been put off playing it, as it's incredible on home consoles!

Having not played Rayman on Wii or 360, I'm quite impressed with it :blush: Graphics/3d/music all lovely I thought.

Yeh I quite enjoyed it to! But I haven't played it anywhere else either so that might be why.

I have the 360 version of rayman but still enjoyed the 3DS version. Yeah its compressed but still very playable for me.

sucks it plays @ 30fps though.

I am gonna buy it still!

My God! Rayman Origins 3DS is just gross! It literally looks and feels like you're playing a low quality YouTube video via Onlive and I've heard better sound quality from a gramophone!

30FPS is unacceptable. It's a bloody 2D game, the 3DS should have no trouble running this game in 60FPS, even in 3D.

Ubisoft shitting out a low quality effort on a Nintendo handheld? What a surprise! (oh and it happens to be another shitty Rayman port to boot! It's practically tradition!)

The controls feel off and the screen is far too small, it would've been much better if one screen was zoomed out and the other was zoomed in to help take jumps more accurately. I hate it when games have useless maps like this and Sonic Generations... Do yourself a favour and get any other version of Rayman Origins, especially considering they're all cheaper too.

In Ubisoft's press release:

"The full version of the game will be available at retailers and online on June 5, 2012."

Ubisoft shitting out a low quality effort on a Nintendo handheld? What a surprise! (oh and it happens to be another shitty Rayman port to boot! It's practically tradition!)

Yeah I agree! But Origins is a very good game on other consoles! I wish Ubisoft didn't have to piss all over us 3DS owners like this... :nono:

This week's goodies...

eShop: Art of Balance TOUCH!, Mighty Switch Force update (5 extra levels, enhanced S3D effect, quick retry option - all for free :D )

Wii VC: Metal Slug 3 (Neo Geo)

Good stuff. Didn't expect to see the MSF update so soon! :)

Apparently the game has "lackluster 3D"...personally, I thought it had one of the best 3D effects so far.

Apparently the game has "lackluster 3D"...personally, I thought it had one of the best 3D effects so far.

Yeah me too. I don't see why they feel the need to change it. It's one of the best S3D effects on the platform!

It'll be interesting to see what changes... If it's changed for the worse, I could always just delete the update data and play the vanilla version I suppose.

What's S3D mean? And there might be an option to switch between regular and enhanced 3D just like in Resident Evil Revelations... With the extra levels how many would there be in total? I was thinking of getting the game before but thought it might be too short.

What's S3D mean?

Stereoscopic 3D (The 3D effect) It's less confusing to abbreviate it that way (so you don't get confused about 3D polygons and 3D effects! : peace: )

I hope they let you swap between the new effect and the old (like in SM3DL). The game looked great as it was and it would be sad to see it lost to time!

Anyone got any views on Art of Balance? May give that a purchase.

I have had my 3DS for a few days now and don't have any normal games loving the eshop haha.

Of course I will be making my first purchase soonish (MK7 I think or Orcarina) but enjoying eshop stuff enough atm.

Anyone got any views on Art of Balance? May give that a purchase.
I enjoyed the WiiWare version, even though it was a bit on the short side. :hmm:

But there seems to be quite a bit more content in the 3DS game, so it looks like that won't be a problem this time. :)

Just got Art of Balance Touch. The touch controls work beautifully, perhaps even better than the Wiimote pointer controls!

Looks fantastic (rock solid 60FPS in S3D - even with 3D on the bottom screen too, so it's technically rendering 3D graphics at 180FPS!), plays well, tons of content and the new endurance mode is good fun (play through a continous series of stages - see how many you can complete with only 3 tries)

Another winner. I loved the Wii Ware game and the 3DS version is even better!

The 3DS eShop has been on fire lately, even without some notable absentees. Next week we'll be getting Rayman for the GBC.

GBL_3DSVC_Rayman.jpg

This is going to be available for £4.50

That's it so far.

Link

Just got Art of Balance Touch. The touch controls work beautifully, perhaps even better than the Wiimote pointer controls!

Looks fantastic (rock solid 60FPS in S3D - even with 3D on the bottom screen too, so it's technically rendering 3D graphics at 180FPS!), plays well, tons of content and the new endurance mode is good fun (play through a continous series of stages - see how many you can complete with only 3 tries)

Another winner. I loved the Wii Ware game and the 3DS version is even better!

Can you give us an idea of difficulty/length once you've got further/completed it.

My only worry is that it'll be too easy...

... as I did with the first 2/3rds of PullBlox having just downloaded it the other day. Honestly having to play through around 120 easily solvable levels was really frustrating; don't want to have the same here!

Can you give us an idea of difficulty/length once you've got further/completed it.

I'll definitely be getting this game, I might download it tomorrow. but anyway

Here's a bit from Pocket Gamer's Review:

"It starts off pretty easy, with simple square and rectangle blocks fitting together snuggly. Once every block is placed, a 3-second countdown timer begins. If all the blocks are still above water level when the time runs out, you're safe.

Rather quickly, however, your balancing skills are sorely tested, as crosses, long pieces, round pieces, and weird squares with round(ish) bits coming out of them are thrown into the mix. Working out how to fit all these complex shapes together is head-scratching, highly engrossing stuff."

They really recommend this game. They gave it 9/10

for the full Review hit the link.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Art+of+Balance+Touch!/review.asp?c=41335

Loved the WiiWare demo back in 2010, so downloaded Art of Balance Touch last night, and I'm really enjoying it. Incase some are inaware of this, the game includes all four worlds from the WiiWare version and four brand new worlds, so considering the game cost 800 points on the Wii, you're getting double the amount of content here, plus Endurance mode for the same price. The perfect touch controls, satisfaction that comes from balancing and slotting blocks together, and trying a diffrent instead of obvious solution to a puzzle, make this a joy to play.

My only worry is that it'll be too easy...

... as I did with the first 2/3rds of PullBlox having just downloaded it the other day. Honestly having to play through around 120 easily solvable levels was really frustrating; don't want to have the same here!

I've completed 50 out of 200 puzzles so far, with 1 hour 40 minutes on the clock. Most were easy of course, but there were 3 or 4 that caused a few problems. Pretty sure they are gonna get tougher, especially as more new blocks, which add a bit of tactical thinking are added to the mix. There's also a few achivements to tick off, with the one's on Endurance mode, looking like the toughest to gain.

Btw, if you're looking for a eShop game that will last long and keep you playing, try Zen Pinball, unless you're awaiting the Avengers version of course! Most of us here with the game, have put quite a few hours into it, and will continue to do so I'm sure.

Loved the WiiWare demo back in 2010, so downloaded Art of Balance Touch last night, and I'm really enjoying it. Incase some are inaware of this, the game includes all four worlds from the WiiWare version and four brand new worlds, so considering the game cost 800 points on the Wii, you're getting double the amount of content here, plus Endurance mode for the same price. The perfect touch controls, satisfaction that comes from balancing and slotting blocks together, and trying a diffrent instead of obvious solution to a puzzle, make this a joy to play.

Spot on. That's something that's really brilliant about this game, in that unlike many other puzzle games, there's a lot of room for creative thinking here. While a puzzle might be designed around an intended solution, there is more often than not, lots of other potential solutions (with some unintended ones too. Thanks to the realistic physics used, you can come up with some really crazy solutions like where you end up passing by the skin of your teeth with the block just about to fall in the water and the timer just happens to run out just in time :D)

I think Shinen are at their best when they take a very simple gameplay mechanic (that may have been done before) and build upon it. Aside from their shmups, their best games are the simpler ones.

Edited by Dcubed

This week's haul:

Wii VC: Mega Man X2 (SNES - 800 points)

3DS VC: Rayman (GBC - £4.50/€5)

3DS Download Software: Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Entertainment, £3.60/€4)

Not bad all in all. Here's hoping that NOA follow suit so that I can get the superior US version of X2 :D

This week's haul:

Wii VC: Mega Man X2 (SNES - 800 points)

Oh, good. Something to use up the rest of my points on. Will still have 1900 left though :(

I was on Gaf looking at a DS topic and someone was kind enough to post a few gems. I noticed one called Aura Aura Climber that was released on the eShop and it looked pretty cool.

Any idea if this got a release over here?